Breakers Award Nominees

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by Andy Crossley, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Andy Crossley

Andy Crossley Member

Oct 23, 2007
    [​IMG]

Breakers are tied with FC Gold Pride for the most nominees for WPS' various post-season awards with six. We would certainly take the WPS Cup over any of these individual honors, but in the meantime, I encourage Breakers fans to vote their conscience. And if your conscience tells you to vote for a player from another WPS club, then vote with your heart instead.

Michelle Akers Player of the Year nominee: Kelly Smith
    WPS Coach-of-the-Year nominee: Tony DiCicco
    MedImmune Defender of the Year nominee: Amy LePeilbet
    Citi Sportswoman of the Year nominee: Stephanie Cox
    WPS Rookie of the Year nominees: Jordan Angeli & Lauren Cheney

Breakers are the only team with multiples nominees in a single category (Angeli & Cheney).

Click here for fan voting link. Voting is open through September 6th and fan results count for 33% of final vote total, alongside media and WPS Players/Coaches.

2. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

haha!

I'm a bit worried about Rookie of the Year....Having Jordan and Lauren in the vote sets up a split in Boston area votes...

Without some sort of coordinated effort...I don't see how Ali Riley doesn't win this...

Personally I'm holding off my vote (Angeli/Cheney) until after the Gold Pride match....IMO Lauren has stepped it up and is on the verge of overtaking Jordan and if she can play a major part in getting us 3+ points over teh next two matches she just might nab my vote....

3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pretty sure you can vote more than once....

4. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh I plan on it....but a vote for both cancels the other out IMO

5. p-nutz

p-nutz Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    A vote for Cheney is unlikely to make much difference at this point, Angeli had 57% last I checked followed by Ali Riley with 17% and Cheney with 15%.

6. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

way early at this point...still a week to vote.

7. TheStatsGuy

TheStatsGuy Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Somewhere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That voting is a total joke right now with Hope Solo at 31% for goalie of the year.

I did put in my first round of votes though.

8. katndogs

katndogs New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    atl
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No hate from Atlanta. We're not like that. Just wishing there was less hatred from you guys. We will welcome your team tomorrow.

9. p-nutz

p-nutz Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    That's not hatred.

On merit can anyone say Solo's performance this season is worthy of Goalkeeper of the year? Over Bardsley or Barnhart? (Loyden hasn't really been on my raydar so I can't comment on her.)

10. katndogs

katndogs New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    atl
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm okay believing that the calls to "harass the psycho" that were posted prior to the game in question are not to be considered "organized harassment". Can we now go back to human decency, please?

11. katndogs

katndogs New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    atl
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If you can identify goals that Solo would have been able to prevent, please share your comments. She's made a ton of saves, and in all fairness, the game against Gold Pride could have ended even more badly.

12. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my opinion Goalkeeper of the Year should be on a successful team. Atlanta is not that. She is only nominated because she is a big name, not bc she was a top 4 keeper this year. my votes are all for Bardsley.

13. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say the 3rd and 5th goals were clearly all on her, and one of the others was very questionable. She made 4 saves on 11 shots, with one the defenders credited with a 5th save. And the Hopeapologists who say it was all because the Beat had thrown everyone forward weren't watching the game and haven't bothered to watch the highlights, there were 3-4 Beat players in the box on 4 of the goals.

And please do not forget, she is the one who falsely accused a group of dedicated Boston and WPS supporters of racist remarks that came from a single individual not associated with the supporters group and doesn't have the HUMAN DECENCY or the CLASS to apologize for her misrepresentation. And didn't have the common sense to report it to team or league officials at the time, instead felt it appropriate to Tweet it. Either the years of blonde dye have seeped into her brain, or she suffers from some regretable disablity, like Tim Howard, except it is manifested in her thumbs.

While I am on the subject of classless, AtlantaBeatGM's senseless and indefensible statements to the press with total disregard to the reported agreement between the Beat, the Breakers and WPS fall squarely into that category.

I wish you, your attempt at a supporters group, and all Beat fans all the luck in the world, and hope that the Beat become financially successful if only so the Breakers have someone to pound for many years to come.

If you, or Hope, the Beat PROFESSIONAL players, or anyone else can not handle the taunts, go back to watching U8 girls games. Don't forget to bring the oranges, and I suggest you stay on the finger lickin' good Atlanta boards and stop trolling on OURS.

The wheels on the bus..........

And by the way, I think Scurry would have saved 3 of those FCGP shots. Even when injured.

The opinions expressed are solely those of the author who doesn't give a fig what any Beat fan or Hopeapologist thinks...........

14. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The one that immediately comes to mind for Freedom fans is Lene Mykjåland's goal at RFK, where Hope was embarrassingly out-of-position and left Lene with a completely open net to shoot into.

15. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

haha! Organized harassment is my specialty!!! I look forward to harassing Ms. Solo well into her retirement....

Tony Meola still hears the chants everytime he comes within our eyesight and he's years into his retirement....Hope has a long way to go, we never forget!!

:D

16. katndogs

katndogs New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    atl
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok. I was trying to extend a hand. If harassment is what you enjoy, that's certainly your right and your prerogative. I have never and will never harass a player, but will always just focus on cheering on my team. Have a great day, everyone. Looking forward to the game.

17. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe we should join hands and all sing Kumbaya....

Nah!:p

18. TheStatsGuy

TheStatsGuy Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Somewhere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yawn!

Just voted again, Hope Solo still not even close to deserving anyones votes this year. If anyone really believes otherwise please speak up.

It has to be Barnhart this year no matter what all the 8-14 year olds think.

19. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thankfully only 33% of the vote is fan voting....

Barnhart will win this going away...

20. p-nutz

p-nutz Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    ah sure fans only count for 33%

Let's hope the other 67% have some sense. :D

21. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do think Bardsley deserves some consideration for the award. SBFC wouldn't be so close to the playoffs if it weren't for her. The broken clavicle sucks & likely prevents her from winning the award. But she really stepped up this season.

Loyden being on the list is a bit laughable. She's had multiple missteps & cost CRS points w/o ever making the "great" point saving/winning saves.

But if Solo does the fan portion, it will just show that fans aren't paying attention and that they generally can't properly evaluate keepers.

22. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the intelligent fan vote (as evident even on this thread) is splitting itself between Barnhart and Bardsley, while the PTH's are voting en masse for Solo. I'd like to see them put Mia Hamm on the list for MVP. She'd probably come out on top.