Breaker Blogs - Wiemer & Nobis

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Eleanor

Eleanor New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Thanks for the information! Makes sense for the players.

2. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lest we forget about our players in Sweden.....

Tjiena from Borlnage Sweden!
    By Jennifer Nobis

Yesterday. Tuesday was my first game in six months and my first game with KIK. I had a really good practice on Monday so I wasnt nervous about playing. I was more nervous about being out of soccer shape and not being able to last. BUT I played 60 minutes and everything felt fine....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP43Va-FP7Q&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Untitled[/ame]

Sweden
    by tiffany weimer

As many of you may already know, I have decided to journey across the pond to Sweden to play for the next three months.

I will be playing for AIK in Damallsvenskan, which as we all read in the latest issue of Our Game Magazine, is the top league in Sweden (thanks Meagan). They are currently in last place, but hopefully won’t be for much longer.

If you are interested in following the team here’s the website:

http://www.aikfotboll.se/Damer.aspx

3. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NEW CHALLENGE.....#2 The Dock
    by jennifer nobis

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds8cy6qDQLQ&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Challenge 2 The dock[/ame]

*Yea, I thought the Dock Challenge would be different too...;)

Second week here in Sweden and just played my second game. I played 82 minutes and we wont 2-1!!! Feels really good to be playing again. I still have a lot of frustrations, like not being able to kick with my left foot because my knee hurts. And let me tell you, SO hard to play almost a full game and not use the left foot! Im hoping its just a phase and my knee continues to get stronger. But right now im def not feeling 100 percent. Time will tell....

Sverige
    by tiffany weimer

In his hand was a white bag with orange and pink writing on it. That was a familiar color scheme, I thought to myself. Then I realized he was taking back a dozen, precious, beautifully crafted Dunkin Donuts donuts. This led me to a sudden freak out.

There are no Dunkin Donuts in Sweden.

:D

4. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deep Thoughts.....with Jenny Nobis.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRJ6PCnTxfc&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Video 9[/ame]

5. Dartsoc

Dartsoc New Member

May 16, 2004
    We will Miss you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much.......

6. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More blogs from the FUNNY Tiffany Weimer and the COOL Jenny Nobis....

Hej Hej! I’m in Sweden, isn’t that veird?
    by tiffany weimer

Well it’s only weird if you’re me. And maybe all the people who notice there is an American invading their country. I’m not blatantly an American, despite what I may think. People think I speak Swedish all the time. When I get my groceries and say “thank you” they look at me all flustered, and say “thank you” back, because they’re not sure what to say. I think next time I’m going to say, “you're welcome” and see what they say.

CHALLENGE NUMBER 3
    by jenny nobis

Challenge #3 (All of which won by JNO BTW)

CHALLENGE NUMBER 3 is finally filmed ready to go. This is pretty funny bc its out of our control of what happens. This challenge highly depends on the gag reflex. We challenged eachother...who could put the most marshmellows in there mouth! Take a look

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SolStHSE3k&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- MARSHMELLOW MONSTER[/ame]

7. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IDK if this title should be renamed "Former Breaker Blogs" or what....Hopefully they both return to the Breakers soon....If for nothing but great comedy! :D

The Good, The Bad and the Awesome
    by tiffany weimer

Most people prefer to get the bad news first, making room for the good news that will allow them to be on their way. This is how I usually work anyway.

The bad news: we weren’t able to avoid relegation for this season. We lost our last game to the top team in Sweden, Malmo, 3-0. We had held them for to 1-0 until the 84th minute when we went to a three-back to get the win and naturally suffered defensively.

The good news: we have gotten better with each game, and have two more games to go. And as much as it has been frustrating to lose so much, this has been an amazing experience so far, and I’m not even done yet.

The awesome: I wrote a blog about everything in between!

Hey Friends
    by jennifer nobis

Sad to say...but I will only be writing a few more blogs while I am here in Sweden! Time is flying bye and seems to be getting faster the closer we are going home. We leave for Sweden Oct 22nd. We have 3 more games left. But I only have two more games because I cant play this weekend.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbOvjJ7nHzM&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Teaching the Swedes American games[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-KdCc4bfww&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Swedish Class take 4[/ame]

8. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bout a month late, but here is the latest blog post from Jenny. You will want to take the time to read it. Very important message.

9. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't know where else to put this link of Kelly Smith's response to the Gray/Keys sexism & firing.

10. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, we know the Nobis is headed for Sweden for the season, but it is time to raise the annual question of the day, "where's Weimer?"

11. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leslie Osborne sent this Tweet yesterday: "@TiffanyWeimer Will miss being and playing with you. Lucky we had 2 seasons together."

I'm wondering if this means that Tiffany has signed on somewhere else.