Brazil's Serie A TV rights

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Gyro62, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Gyro62

Gyro62 Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Libertadores is allover the place in Brazil TV now, Conmebol TV, SBT, ESPN, Fox Sports.

2. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Does anyone know what is going on with the Premiere channels on Sling TV? We used to get Premiere 1 through 8. Now, for the last few months, we only get Premiere 1 through 4 and 8. Premiere 5, 6, and 7 are missing. There are games on 5, 6, and 7.

I called Sling TV a few times about this and the response was that there were some Sao Paulo state championship games on Premiere 5, 6, and 7 that they did not have the rights to in the USA. But the Sao Paulo state championship ended a couple of months ago. Are they just screwing this up or is there a legitimate reason for this?

3. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They screwed up

Should've gotten Fanatiz instead :D

Vix also has most of the bouts now and it's free (for now)

Marius Tresor repped this.
  4. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Well, the strange thing is that the missing games from Premiere 5, 6, and 7 seem to be on the Globoplay app, which authorizes with the Sling login, if you have one of the Brazilian packages on Sling. And Globo is the owner of the Premiere channels, so they must have the rights in the USA. Sling must just be screwing it up.

5. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vix has every game in Portuguese and some games in Spanish.

6. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    #131 Marius Tresor, Jun 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    The thing is, the commentators on Premiere are better, in my opinion, than the international commentators on Fanatiz and the other services. The Premiere commentators are from Globo, because Globo owns the Premiere brand, and they are the broadcasts shown in Brazil. What you see on Fanatiz and the others is an international broadcast in Portuguese for a more limited audience. The Premiere broadcasts just seem like a higher budget production, which I am sure they are.

7. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t listen to commentators in languages I understand, let alone those I don’t. LOL.

8. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Premiere 5, 6, and 7 are back on Sling TV. So, now they have all of them again, 1 through 8. I just watched a game on Premiere 5.

Maybe someone from Sling TV or Globo is watching this forum? The missing Premiere channels got fixed right after I posted it here, whereas 2 months of calling Sling customer service and having them create "tickets" resulted in nothing.

9. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    I don't see any Brazilian Serie A games on Vix. Where do you see them?

10. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the Deportes section where they list the live and upcoming games. IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1011.jpg

11. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just noticed (sorry if it’s been mentioned before) that you can put the Portuguese audio track on Paramount Plus. (At least for Flamengo-fortaleza and Palmeiras-Atletico Mineiro on now).

12. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014