brazillian tv

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by jlscrub, Jan 26, 2007.

1. jdawg9

jdawg9 Member

Dec 4, 2006
    I was in Florida, last month. Went to a Brazilian Bar/Restaurant. They were able to get a feed from a Brazilian Satellite (I belive Sky/DirecTV Brazil). They had all the channedl directly from Brazil. Globol from Brazil, SporTV (all channels), Premiere Futebol Club (Not the PFC here but the complete package, ESPN BRASIL!!!!!.

I talked to the manager and he said the owner invested a chunk of $$ to have a tech guy install it for him with a huge dish on their roof. I think it involves buying a satellite subscription in Brazil and have the system shipped here and repointed to the satellites down there and keep paying the bills there.

I saw this myself, now I'm interested in this setup. Imagine freeing ourselves from GLOBO INTL/PFC tendencies to seeing only Flamengo/Corinthians/Cruzeiro games? I already rely on JustinTV for the games that interests me.

2. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Perhaps it is too late, but my wife and I just stream Globo from the computer to the television.

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Brasilian President Mr. Lula Da Silva, blames White - Blue eyed people for the current Financial Crisis...

[ame="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhupGc33PsN9PG6RzY"]Video: Brazilian President Blames White People For Economic Down Turn![/ame]

What is he doing?

4. jdawg9

jdawg9 Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Quick update:

Time Warner Cable does not advertise this but if you get the El Paquetazo (Spanish Super Package) for $36.00, it includes Globo/PFC at no additional charge. El Paquetazo can be a stand alone package, so your entire Time Warner cable bill can be $36 with tons of soccer filled channels included (GLOBO,PFC,GOLTV,Fox Soccer, Fox Sports Espanol, ESPN Deportes). An equatorian friend of mine told me this and I checked it out myself.

They also don't advertise Globo+PFC for $29.95 but they offer it.

I got fed up with Time Warner and switched to a special packaged RCN offers. Basic Cable+Globo+Internet=$53

5. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    But RCN has no PFC?:confused:

6. jdawg9

jdawg9 Member

Dec 4, 2006
    If I see that I really miss PFC, I can just call dish and have them reactive my account on month to month basis (I already have correctly pointed dish on my roof, with receiver and access card that I own).

7. jdawg9

jdawg9 Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Just confirming, RCN has PFC Now. They are bad asses!!!!

8. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Good! They have bad customer service, but I think their image (display) quality is good - better than TWC