News: Brazilian Transfer News and Rumors Ongoing (2023 - 2024)

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Ombak, May 24, 2022.

1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Leila Pereira has now stated publicly she expects Dudu to keep his word and to therefore head to Cruzeiro. Her words included "Não tenho dúvida, o ciclo do Dudu no Palmeiras se encerrou."

Mancha Verde may be upset with this as its representatives met with Dudu and this pressure likely played a role in Dudu backtracking. But if Pereira means business, then Dudu's days with your team are over.

Not the smoothest exit for a pivotal component of the core which led your team to its bi and tri of the Libertadores.
    :(

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The situation as I understand it is that Dudu didn't feel from Abel that he was an important part of the group. That he was going to have to fight for his position in the team. Not to mention that last year Abel moved him out of his preferred position (right side). So that gave the opening for his agent to start convincing him that he needed a move. Don't know who reached out first ... Cruzeiro or Dudu. But when Dudu came with the offer to Leila and Abel, they didn't try to convince him to stay. So that added to his feeling that he isn't wanted. Leila on her part maybe thought that this was a play to get a salary bump / contract renewal ... which doesn't look good but they just did one 18 months ago. So perhaps that's her angle. But it's no secret that Abel, amazingly, doesn't find him indispensable.

With the club competing for titles and next year playing in the CWC, it's unimaginable that Dudu, who does love the club, wanted an exit if there wasn't a strong reason as I described above. I could be wrong, but I don't think this is just about money and an extended contract that Cruzeiro is giving.

The irony of it all is that Leila is talking about Dudu honoring his deal with Cruzeiro when he hasn't signed anything ... but when Abel signed some pre-contract with the Qatar club, she worked to convince him to stay and swept it under the rug. So it's clear this isn't about honoring anything.

And on that subject, Abel flirting with Qatar didn't sit well with the players. He was instrumental in convincing many players that had profitable transfer offers to stay last season ... and then at the end of the year he almost left. Now it's clear that players like Veiga, Ze Rafael, and even to a certain extent Gomez are unhappy and have lost trust for him.

3. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Dudu's pride may have been hurt, but I do wonder - at 32 and after a serious injury, does he think he can produce the level of play he provided in 2020 and in 2021? Time will tell. If he goes back to being that Dudu, Cruzeiro will be much better off; if he stays and if gets enough playing time, your team's reputation as a force to be reckoned with will persist longer. But I do wonder if Abel's extreme stubbornness may be beginning to harm your team, however competitive it remains.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Cruzeiro have now rescinded their offer. Damaged goods. What a circus. Unbelievable.

Ombak repped this.
  5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I guess technically Dudu posted first that he was staying. So Cruzeiro are just playing the "we don't want him now anyways" game.

6. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Aside from the Dudu fiasco, Cruzeiro are going after a few names that could help the team take a step up. Looks like they might be on the verge of signing Matheus Henrique. He was the back-up midfielder to BG and DL in the 2021 Olympics, and ended up at Sassuolo, in Italy. They are also reportedly trying to bring in Walace, another midfielder with some national team appearances (including a few at the Senior level) who is at Udinese and was previously linked to Flamengo at one point.

7. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ombak and Celito, what do you guys know about Estevao Willian of Pameiras?
    He has now moved to Chelsea and he seems like an immense talent!
    Some in Brazil even suggested that Estevao should be on the Copa squad.

8. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Check out some of celito's posts in the Brasileirao thread:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/brasileirão-2024.2129609/page-3#post-42301380

Some people are expecting Estêvão to be called up later this year already. I could see it happening. He's a skillful right-winger, so his competition is Raphinha and Sávio for those spots, and Rodrygo and the formation as well.

He still has one year before he can move to England (turns 18 in April next year), so he gets to finish this season with Palmeiras. He's already the starter there now, so he'll play a big part in the Brasileirao and Libertadores campaigns.

Most people in Brazil are labeling him the biggest talent since Neymar at this moment, he's in a way got more hype than Endrick, but benefited from not being hyped up as early and as often as Endrick, just because of the timing of everything. If he continues in this form, the hype will get insane.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Estevão has finalized his deal with Chelsea. Will be moving there in July 2025 after next year's new CWC.

10. manimal

manimal Red Card

Dec 23, 2018
    I dont know..... See what happened to deivid washington. Chelsea is just Child FC..... They pile up on youngsters where most have no future of playing in the first team. Thats a bad move in my books.

Estuardo A. Lopez repped this.
  11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't like the move either. From the big teams, it's tough to see where he'd go to be honest. Madrid are already loaded in attack. Man City can be just as frustrating for him with Pep and his system and way of managing squads. Arsenal would be interesting but they have Saka on the right which is their own golden child. Man U ? Hell no.

If Barca weren't a bit of a mess that'd be the place for him to go. Only if they weren't, it looks like Lamine is going to own that position for a while.

Another option would be for him to first go to a mid team to develop. Like a Portuguese team. But they weren't pay what the club and the player wanted ... I don't think.

manimal, Ombak and Estuardo A. Lopez repped this.
  12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #212 celito, Jun 24, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2024
    Cuca has left the Athletico job. It looks like he asked to leave. Not sure what happened. I know they've lost points in the final mins in the past 3 matches. But that can't be it. He is definitely a weird character.

EDIT: I should have known this .... Diniz let go from Flumimense. Could it be more obvious that Cuca has already been lined up for the job ? :whistling:

Ombak repped this.
  13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I mean, we could have Cuca at Flu and Diniz at CAP, wouldn't be unthinkable in Brazil for something like that before the weekend, maybe even before Wednesday/Thursday's matches.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gabigol really looks to be on the way out ? He is not included in Flamengo's squad for tomorrow presumably because he can only play one or two more games until he is ineligible to play for another team in the Brasileirão. Flamengo reportedly offered him 50% increase but only a 1 year contract. 1 year contract is really a slap in the face for a 27 year old player. Or is it still the pending drug test case ? Looks to me that they are just pushing him out but want to show the fans they tried and that it was him that wanted to leave.

Palmeiras and Cruzeiro are interested in his services. At Palmeiras, Leila and Abel reportedly like him and the idea of him joining. I don't get it. He doesn't fit their profile but they do make a case of shaking hands with him and exchange words when both teams have clashed in the past. I'd think him recently wearing the Corinthians jersey and complimenting their fans recently would create more rejection from the fans but many seem OK with him joining from what I've seen.

I think a Cruzeiro move would make more sense and that's where my money is if he does move.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mano Menezes is the new Fluminense coach. I was wrong about Cuca. I guess that was just a coincidence.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Corinthians hire Ramon Diaz as new manager.

Gabigol can now sign a pre-contract with any team. Some speculation going on that Palmeiras will announce a pre-contract tomorrow. I'd be surprised if it happens. Flamengo as it stands won't let him go for free. Specially to a rival club. The Dudu swap was nonsense. Flamengo want to push Gabigol to a foreign club. They may wait the remaining 6 months of his contract to see if a club shows up. If he does sign a pre-contract with Palmeiras, it will certainly create a strange feeling at Flamengo for the 2nd half of the season.

Flamengo are after Claudinho from Zenit ... again.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Coutinho to Vasco is finally official. Curious to see what kind of form he can produce.

18. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bento is heading to Saudi Arabia:

https://ge.globo.com/pr/blogs/blog-...-saudita-em-negociacao-de-r-107-milhoes.ghtml

The goalkeeper was asked about it this weekend after the Copa do Brasil match and said he wasn't certain about going to the Saudi League. But reportedly he consulted with the national team staff and has now agreed to the transfer.

I wonder if this means the staff are open to other players from there (besides Neymar of course) or if they are just working with Bento since he is already part of the team. At any rate, it's probably a huge payday for Bento and looks like he also will continue to be part of the national team.

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So an NT prospect going to Saudi League at 25 ? I get the guy thinking about his financial future, but that's depressing.

MerlinRM repped this.
  20. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just came here after seeing it on X. I'm genuinely shocked.

He was basically begging for Inter Milan to get him but I think Atletico played hardball and Inter withdrew. This is sad.

EDIT: just read about him talking to the NT. Still disappointed because he should be developing by playing against the top players even if the NT still calls him up.

Ombak repped this.
  21. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    André's eventual transfer to the Premier League got a lot of articles recently, but Fluminense still haven't agreed on a transfer price with Fulham. It does look like this is the window in which André will finally move.

The transfer window, by the way, closes on August 30 for the big leagues in Europe, and on September 2 in Brazil.