News: Brazilian Transfer News and Rumors Ongoing (2023 - 2024)

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Ombak, May 24, 2022.

1. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I thought it would take a while before we started to see rumors but the Telegraph (UK) printed some Gabriel Jesus news yesterday and ge confirmed today. See the next post for that.

I'm actually pretty excited about this European off-season for Brazilian seleção players (and potential future players). For a first post I wanted to list some of the stuff we might expect to hear more about:

Seleção players likely to move:
    • Raphinha: linked to Liverpool and Barcelona at times this season. Even though Leeds stayed up, it'll be difficult to hold on to him, but it does mean he will cost more.
    • Richarlison: Everton also stayed up, which means there's always a chance he could stay, but he's been linked with PSG and RM at times. In fact, this week there is news RM wants him or Mané or Salah - but that is probably more about playing mind games with Liverpool than anything else.
    • Gabriel Jesus: Linked to Arsenal, there's now a Tottenham rumor circulating too.
    • Paquetá: Could he end up at Newcastle? Seem likely. Either way though, probably won't be at Lyon next season.
    • Antony: Linked with Man Utd (or Ten hag rather) but not recently. Could definitely move this Summer and might even be competing with Raphinha for a move depending on the target club.
    • Renan Lodi: Linked to Newcastle.
    Other stories players to keep an eye on:
    • Neymar: With Mbappé's new deal there are tons of whispers now that Neymar might be offloaded. Could it happen? Who would even pay for him?
    • Émerson: He just joined Tottenham, so he's not likely to move, but they want a better RB (or RWB). I'm hoping he isn't replaced so he can continue to develop under Conte.
    • Militão: Been in poor form lately. Won't move, and will probably play all season alongside Rudiger who is joining RM. However, if his CL final is poor and he starts the season poorly, what will it mean for us?
    • Players in Brazil: I don't expect any to move, but you never know. Arana, Gabigol, Pedro? Every one of them would be taking a huge risk if they move in August and don't have guaranteed playing time. I expect them all to stay. Palmeiras has said Danilo won't move this year, so I would bet on him leaving in January only.
    • Full-backs: We're not likely to see any new names for the national team this year, but our depth at full-back isn't great. Anyone who moves could become an interesting option on the radar for 2023. Caio Henrique has been at Monaco for two seasons, I could see him moving, for example. Lots of full-backs in Russia, Ukraine and other leagues outside of the top 5.
    • Defenders: Bremer is likely to move. Sure, he doesn't have a shot at the WC barring some disaster, but whoever takes over in 2023 will very likely add him to the pool. There has been some talk of Gabriel moving, but I'd be stunned if he did before next season if at all.
    Lots of potential news for national team players and even prospective players, not just what I listed above. Could be a very exciting transfer window.

brasileiragem and celito repped this.
  2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Here's the ge.com article confirming the Gabriel Jesus / Tottenham link, buit pointing out that Arsenal are still favorites to get him.

Similarly, they are linked to Bremer, but he has also been linked to other Italian clubs.

https://ge.globo.com/futebol/futebo...-na-briga-com-arsenal-por-gabriel-jesus.ghtml

At first, I found this rumor a bit strange because Jesus probably wants to start, which won't happen at City, especially with Haaland coming. At Arsenal he might be a starting number 9, but there's no way he'd start ahead of Kane at Tottenham.

However, Arsenal won't be in the Champions League and Tottenham will. That might not matter for WC 2022 call-ups, but it could matter long-term. Also, with Gabriel Jesus' versatility he could replace Kane when needed, split time on the right-wing with Kulusevski and even pair up with Kane when playing with 2 forwards.

I think it's an interesting fit. Based on the article, we are likely to hear more about a possible move for Gabriel Jesus this week or next.

3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like Gabriel Jesus to Arsenal is basically done, the teams have agreed and it's now on to the details between Arsenal and the player.

This has been rumored since before the season ended. It's an interesting move for Gabriel Jesus. He definitely needs a change of scenery, but he also needs to step up to take advantage of that.

Meanwhile, Raphinha still rumored at Barcelona, but they don't have any money until their business deals go through, so rumors are now linking Raphinha to other teams including Arsenal.

Antony is on Man Utd's radar. Nothing on Richarlison recently, that buzz has died down. Nothing on Paquetá at all.

Next Friday is July 1st, and at that point the transfer market should be even more active.

5. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    After the early Barcelona speculation and the recent Arsenal rumors, it looks like Chelsea is the team that's going to get Raphinha:

Personal details pending, but the teams have agreed to a fee of £60million or more.

6. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Richarlison to Spurs is done:

Meanwhile, the Raphinha deal above is done... but the player's agent is still trying to get Leeds to listen to a Barcelona offer. That could be a mess.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Man that's a lot of money if true. I thought Barca could get him for 30-35m.

Still think he wants

8. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Raphinha really pushing for that Barca move:

So whereas Leeds and Chelsea agreed on a transfer fee and wanted Raphinha to negotiate with Chelsea, Raphinha and Barca appear to have agreed on the salary details and want Leeds to accept Barca's offer.

And of course today the big Chelsea news is that they are in early talks with Neymar. Let's see if that goes anywhere.

9. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  10. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    News today that Paquetá won't be moving.

A little bit surprising but his contract is until 2025 so the club can still get good money for him in 2023 if he wants to leave then. Hopefully with the players they are bringing in they have a drastically better season, cause last year was a disaster.

11. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  12. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well the Pikachu transfer is complete. His last game for Fortaleza will be the Copa do Brasil match on Wednesday.

Raphinha is supposedly closer to Barcelona, nothing super reliable though, just have to wait and see.

And less than one week after it was said Paquetá won't be moving, Lyon has said they will accept offers for him. https://ge.globo.com/futebol/futebo...ucas-paqueta-e-meia-espera-deixar-clube.ghtml

Surprisingly the one club he has been linked to since then is Arsenal. I would be surprised if no one else makes a move for him, even though it's going to cost more than 65 million euros.

13. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018
    I think arsenal would be a good fit. With maghalaes and Jesus. Good link up for NT too. Paqueta was one of the best players last season in ligue 1

Ombak repped this.
  14. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Raphinha to Barcelona is happening:

Paqueta is going to do well just about anywhere he goes. It just feels a bit like overkill for Arsenal as they keep going for offensive-minded CMs, but as long as he is playing that's ok.

Obviously he was linked to Newcastle before but that would be a long term project. I would be curious if any CL team is interested in him this window.

celito and manimal repped this.
  15. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018

Yeah with all the CM's or OMF's that's a thing at Arsenal.... But I think he would nicely link up with Smith Rowe. So I hope that he will get his play time. And competition about a spot isn't always bad..... Some raise their game through this :)......... Iam from Germany BTW and a brazil fan since iam a little kid..... Growing up with romario and R9 etc.

16. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Looks like Bremer is going to Juventus. I think this is good from a Brazilian perspective. The other probably destination was Inter. Bremer has said he still wants to play for Brazil but he would consider switching to Italy.

At Juventus he'll have 2 or 3 Brazilian teammates, including Danilo and Alex Sandro, whereas at Inter he would be the only Brazilian. This might play a factor in holding onto him and seeing him get a chance in 2023.

brasileiragem repped this.
  17. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, I guess I should register that Dani Alves is now with Pumas:

I make no secret of the fact that I would prefer he not be in the World Cup squad, as he is too much of a defensive liability, but chances are he will be and if Danilo is healthy Dani Alves will probably be useful in the moments he is used.

Dodo has moved to Fiorentina

Never really made it onto Tite's call-ups but he must have been on the radar at some point.

Also, Émerson is still at Tottenham, but they did bring in another right-wingback and while fans like Émerson overall, some expect he might leave as he doesn't offer enough on the offensive end in Conte's system. I hope he stays and at least develops a bit in case he is needed (say, if Dani Alves is injured).

Other notes:

Juventus have wanted to offload Alex Sandro, but nothing has happened so far. Could affect our left-back situation.

Talk of Man Utd making an offer for Antony has starting up again, but no movement yet and Ajax aren't likely to sell unless a really good offer is made.

18. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018

I really hope for Right back solution that Tobias Vinicius will develop well at Real Madrid.... He looks very very promising

19. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have a big post for the seleção thread coming, restarting the "radar da seleção" series, but a few notes were more relevant for this thread, so here they are:

Transfer window closes in Brazil on August 15. Shouldn't affect national team players but there are still some familiar big (or used to be big) names moving, like Oscar possibly going to Flamengo.

And a couple of the foreign players moving do have some hopes of being called up for their national teams.

In Europe, the window ends on September 1.
    • Ajax increased Antony's price, so he is not likely to move, but one month is a long time, things could change. Or Man Utd could lose someone to injury and be willing to pay anything for a new winger.
    • Paquetá is on the market. The latest rumor was about Paquetá being on Man Ctiy's radar as a replacement for Bernardo Silva IF Silva moves to Barcelona. That would be a hell of a move.
    No moves happening this week outside of Brazil though. Dani Alves (already announced a week ago) did play his first match for Pumas.

manimal repped this.
  20. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    manimal repped this.
  21. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018
  22. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Neto has left Barcelona after 3 years and only 12 matches. Feels a bit weird he didn't move earlier, but now that he's out of contract it finally happened. Too little too late as far as making the national team (he was definitely in the picture in 2019, before spending 3 years on the bench in Barcelona).

He has joined Bournemouth in the Premier League.

23. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It is done. Casemiro to Man Utd. I hope they bring in some more players so he isn't left hanging this late in the transfer window:

24. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Casemiro deal is done!!!

Screenshot_20220819_165950.jpg

25. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018
    With rashford and Sancho... I hope if it happens that he wouldnt sit on the bench

Screenshot_20220819_182831.jpg

Ombak repped this.