Brazilian Politics

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Century's Best, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You expect the majority of any Dilma voters to read publications like Bloomberg or the Economist? Fat chance. As I said before, most of them are far too short sighted to have any idea what will happen to them in the future and what another candidate could have done for Brazil and them in the long term.

2. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    They don't read even Veja or other big Brazilian magazines which are accused by PT of being 'golpistas', let alone sites/magazines in foreign languages.

3. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You'd be surprised at the # of comments on The Economist are only yelling about her social programs continuing while completely ignoring the upcoming economic meltdown we're about to experience. Most sounded like students or young, unemployed liberals who don't pay taxes. The propaganda has completely brainwashed them. Next election, it'll be up to the middle class who pay taxes to switch over.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

samuel_clemens repped this.
  4. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  5. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    Good 'Hora do Povo' front page:

[​IMG]

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What's worse is seeing people I follow on Twitter for mainly football news supporting and defending Dilma (like @PainelTatico).

7. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    Yes, it's hard to understand that. I can understand not liking Aécio or PSDB but it's stupid to like Dilma or PT given their poor administration and recent history.

8. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Piss poor administration not to mention the fact that we're on the verge of a communist takeover. PT already owns 10 Supreme Court ministers (out of eleven). Now they are trying to overrun the congress with executive order 8.243; And Venezuela is giving MST paramilitary training. How does that " democracy " taste?

9. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...brazil-promoted-administration-dilma/V2Y8Dpqm

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
    Position yourself against the Bolivarian communist expansion in Brazil promoted by the administration of Dilma Rousseff
    On 10/26, Dilma Rousseff was reelected, and will continue his party's plan to establish a communist regime in Brazil - the Bolivarian molds propounded by the Foro de São Paulo. We know that in the eyes of the international community, the election was fully democratic, but the ballot boxes used are not reliable, apart from the fact the heads of the judiciary, are mostly members of the winning party. Social policies also influenced the choice of the president, and people were threatened with losing their food allowance if they do not re-elect Dilma. We call a White House position in relation to communist expansion in Latin America. Brazil does not want and will not be a new Venezuela, and the USA that need help the promoters of democracy and freedom in Brazil.

Created: Oct 28, 2014

10. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    Indeed, it seems just a matter of time that happens, especially since opposition (both political and military) is non-existent, there is little hope this can be changed.

11. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    for the record, I don't believe that there was electoral fraud. PT is instead using poor northeastern peasants who don't know any better and sell their vote for $80/month in handouts to implement a full blown communist regimen.

12. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    at least the house of representatives struck down executive order 8243. If the Senate bends over it will be a horrible sign, it means PT will be trying to push similar executive orders until they get a congressional majority to approve it. Then all hope is lost, a ban on guns will just be the icing on the cake.

13. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    PT will keep trying this until get approved in a way or another.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am no expert on this but I think that's far fetched. I know PT have roots in Communist ideas (they actually used to be way more left wing), but that would mean nationalizing private industries and I doubt we are going that direction. If they wanted to do it, they would have already. That was the fear when Lula got elected and that didn't happen.

It's also interesting to see that "Bolsa Familia" is very well viewed by international agencies that measure poverty, hunger, education. I am not posting this as my opinion mind you. I think the verdict can only be measured decades after the implementation of such a program because one of the goals is to improve education. The idea is not bad, but I do have doubts about its execution and side effects.

15. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
  16. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    maybe not a soviet style regimen, but definitely a Russian Federation style "managed democracy". Like Putin has been running that country in one form or another for the past 15 years. So PT already owns the STF, trying to own the congress plus their political reform project wants to ban private funding for political campaigns.

From their website:

"É fato que o atual modelo de financiamento das campanhas eleitorais, no Brasil, acaba por favorecer os candidatos bancados pelo poder econômico. Em muitos casos, esse sistema acaba por criar uma relação incestuosa entre os parlamentares eleitos e seus financiadores, de tal forma que os interesses da população se tornam secundários, quando não totalmente desprezados nos debates e na formulação de políticas públicas, tanto nos parlamentos como nos cargos executivos. Com o financiamento público das campanhas eleitorais será possível equilibrar o processo eleitoral e criar um ambiente mais justo e democrático durante as eleições. Com ele, os candidatos terão que abandonar as estratégias baseadas no poder de compra pelo poder de convencimento dos eleitores."

http://www.pt.org.br/reformapolitica/

Who is gonna benefit the most form a ban on private funding if not the government party?

17. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A little off topic but when clubs have high attendances do they have to pay for the extra military police or are the military police "free" regardless?

18. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Its my understanding the owner/organizer of the event has to pay. I remember when Fla sold out their allotment a few times, the organizing entity denied them to take over some of the opposing teams unsold allotment as they cited they didnt want to pay for extra security.

So I believe if a team owns their stadium, the team has to pay for security, whether PM or private.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  19. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    just look at the amount of embarrasing responses on Brazi's yahoo page about the GOP taking over the Senate. These are the middle class dupes that vote PT.

"Marcos Aurelio Lannes Jr.Vai ser lindo ver o Obama beijar os pés dos republicanos nos próximos dois anos...Ah se vai. E que venha Rand Paul na Casa Branca em 2016."

Iolanda Helena Duartelamentavel os conservadores no poder de novo, putz

"Carine PoleziBrasileiro que é conta Obama, certeza que é tudo rico, e estão todos nervosos, por pobre ter direito a visto americano, e ir pros EUA não ser mais exclusividade."

Maria Cristina Dos SantosEsses políticos não governam para o povo e sim só importa com a disputa com o presidente, igual ao Brasil.

Jose Carlos Da Veiga TorresQual é a diferença ideológica entre Democratas e Repubicanos ?

https://www.facebook.com/YahooNotic..._comment_id=873992395957813&total_comments=11

MerlinRM and PMLF repped this.
  20. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    Interesting text about the Bolivarian DNA of Lula, Dilma and PT:

21. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've noticed this too. Bolsa Familia would be great if the government was actually taking measures to ensure recipients will eventually get off of it. Dilma and co are doing no such thing. Can't let their voting weapon slip away.

22. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  23. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Beginning of the end of PT hopefully....

24. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    The corruption won't stop because of shit like this, as the political and judicial structure in place right now protects the corrupt people and parties. It's impossible to change that overnight. Corruption is ingrained in the brazilian political structure. You can't rise up the ladder without getting your hands dirty.

It will never matter until certain pockets and demographics of the country becomes more educated on the what actually goes on in the country, and start to start to send messages in the polls, that the povo has had enough.

Someone on here mentioned they'd like to see Romario as a President someday. At the time, I thought that was crazy. But the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to have someone like him. Someone that didnt come through the typical political machine, so he doesn't owe any favors to anyone. And isn't afraid to take a stand. The funny/slightly worrying thing would be how to handles/treats foreign policy and interacts with other countries. I could imagine some of the comments and situations he would get himself in with certain countries.

25. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hope he builds his resume up in Senate these next 4-8 yrs then. Romario is only 48 and has a lot of time to make himself a big-wig in the political world.

I have no hope that corruption will ever be fully gone from the political system but PT have managed to make stealing an art. Seeing how badly run and indebted Petrobras has become is sad because it has the potential to become a major money-maker for the gov.