Brazilian Player Tabata wants Japan NT

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Bonizzoni, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    (I'll make a english translation soon,hehe :D)

Tabata se anima em defender seleção japonesa

Santos (SP) - Antes de conceder entrevista à imprensa brasileira nesta sexta-feira, o meia do Santos, Rodrigo Tabata, passou alguns minutos conversando com uma repórter de um jornal japonês. O contato pode virar rotineiro para o jogador, que foi elogiado pelo técnico do ******ão, Zico, e se empolgou com a possibilidade de ir à Copa do Mundo.

Para isso acontecer, Rodrigo Tabata teria de logo viabilizar a sua naturalização, o que seria possível por ter os avós japoneses. “É lógico que se for uma coisa bem conversada me agrada. Eu soube do elogio do Zico e acho que gente não pode descartar uma possibilidade de ir para a Copa do Mundo”, animou-se.

Tabata sabe que não deve ter a mesma chance na seleção brasileira. “O meu objetivo é jogar no Brasil e procurar essa vaga aqui. O problema é que no Brasil estão sempre surgindo novos craques, mas eu vou continuar tentando”, comentou o jogador, que já foi chamado de Jaspion e Samurai pela torcida do Santos.

Uma vez vestida a camisa da seleção brasileira, porém, Rodrigo Tabata não poderia mais atuar na japonesa, como determina a Fifa.

---

Tabata plays at Santos and he's a play-maker,a very good player.He's half-japanese and Zico talked good about him,so he talked he would try to became japanese and join Japan NT.

Well,he seems some type of "Japanese Aílton version",since he would try it only to join Japan NT and play Would Cup :D

2. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    [​IMG]

I was speaking about this dude on another thread, but i doubt he would, ever actually get a game with japan. I have limited info on the guy but our midfield is packed as it is

3. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
    thanks for the info.
    we must get him.

4. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    Hm,I don't know.He's at same level as good players like Ricardinho (Brazil NT player,sub) and maybe even Alex (Fenerbahçe,Turkey).He could make a fantastic duo with Nakamura...

5. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Not to mention the fact that the article talks about him "naturalising". This suggests that he does not currently have Japanese citizenship.

If this is true, and he is indeed Brazilian Japanese (as opposed to a dual national), he would have to set his sights on the 2012 World Cup. Unless you have resided in Japan for a MINIMUM of six years, there is no way that you can be nationalised, regardless of your ethnic background.

Sounds to me like a guy who wants some publicity, and has managed to get it (in Brazil, at least) by making up an outrageous story about his plans to naturalise and become Japan's "new hero". Hmmmm . . . .now where have I heard that one before ? ? ? :rolleyes:

6. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Both grandparents are japanese immagrants, and he's nicknamed the samurai :D

7. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Also i still don't like the idea of someone he has never spent any great length of time in japan, probably can't speak the language and really only wants japan because he can't get Brazil, and as Matsu said " to become the new hero" whereas Santos lived in Japan since he was 14
    If he moved to J1 and played there for a while a might possibly change my might but thats a slim chance and most Japan fans wouldn't care about the Brazilian thing as long as they have a new idol :rolleyes:

8. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Id doesnt matter. If he has never lived in Japan before, he has to go there on a normal visa and live in the country for several years under the same (non-tourist) status before he is allowed to even apply. Whoever wrote this article did an amazingly bad job of researching it. One phone call to the Japanese embassy would have confirmed that Tabata's earliest chance to play for Japan would be in 2014

A good example of this would be the recent supreme court case of two sisters from the Philippines. They were born there of Japanese parents during the 1940s and were left behind after the war. Since they did not have any skills of ability to get into Japan on a normal working visa, they have been applying for Japanese citizenship from abroad. There was confirmed documentation both in Japan and in the Philippines that both the parents were Japanese, and the two women did not want to have to go through the process of living in Japan, applying for naturalization, and getting citizenship the usual way.

Last week, the supreme court finally granted the request and gave them citizenship. It took a mere 24 years of legal appeals to win their case.

9. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
  10. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    For the sisters to gain Japanese citizenship, they had to prove that they were legitimate children of the father who returned to Japan and already passed away in 1945. The central issue in the suit was legitimacy of their parents' marriage as they did a customary marriage of the mother's ethnic group but didn't have a legal document to confirm the marriage in the Philippines. The Japanese court can't deny the possibility that the legal system regarding marriage in the Philippines was not actually applied to the mother's ethnic group at the time when the parents got married. The court deemed the customary marriage legal and legitimate. Therefore, the sisters are legitimate children of the father and qualified to have Japanese citizenship, although both of them have grandchildren in the Philippines and probably never return to Japan.

11. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    I had seen something which was about children of two Japanese parents. Perhaps it was a mis-reported story, or perhaps a different case but it doenst change the point Im making.

Which is . . . regardless of the original nationality of your parents (in Tabata's case, its not even his parents, who are Brazilian, but his GRANDparents) , you cant get Japanese citizenship in three months. Even three years is theoretically impossible. This article is talking about him playing FOR ZICO . . . .

In other words, this article is a crock of bovine excretions.

12. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He is not separated child from Japanese parent.
    I think to play in Japan NT he must stay and play in J-League for several years, and that will not happen.

13. gtepp15 redded

gtepp15 redded Red Card

Jan 5, 2006
  14. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I don't know who gave you that information, but if this guy is needed, and the right people are there to back him (say influential politicians, wealthy persons of influence, etc.), he would not need to have that long a period of residency. The rules of the Japanese government bureaucracy, any part of it, in this case, immigration, can be bent when required.

15. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    I got this information by being naturalised as a Japanese citizen myself. I also have a close friend who is an immigration lawyer (he helped me file for my own citizenship). Yes, I am extremely familiar with the rules for naturalisation. Unlike some people (hint hint), I dont open my mouth unless I know what I am talking about

Japanese immigration law states that in order to apply for citizenship, you must have been a permanent resident for at least one year, and the MINIMUM waiting period between your application and approval is six months. (total -- 1.5 years). The waiting period for permanent residency is six months (total 2.0 years), and in order to apply to GET permanent residency, you must have lived in Japan for no less than four years, with no change of visa status (total, six years). If you change your visa status, the four year period starts again at zero. Thus, the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM time required to obtain citizenship is six years. In practice, few people manage it in less than eight. It took me nearly ten, though I admit I wasnt really in a hurry.

Oh, and if you think that the rules can be "bent" in a case with as high a oublic profile as a player on the Japan NT, you obviously do not know very much about Japan.

It would be nice if people who didnt know what they were talking about simply kept their mouths closed. But then, it isnt a perfect world, is it?

16. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Why do you sound so cinacle all the time?

17. Niloc

Niloc Member

Jul 31, 2004
    US, Japan, Korea, UK
    Yo Matsu dude chill man. URAWA does have a point but I think what he is talking about is the fact that if Tabata's parents had registered him at the Japanese Embassy when he was an infant (which I take it they didnt) then he could become a Japanese whenever he wanted to (theoretically speaking that is). Take for instance Alberto Kenya Fujimori. He is an example of registering with the Japense embassy and having some strong political backing within the Japanese state. So chill dude, I for one undestand how hard it is to become a Japanese national. Hell I speak, write, read, and understand Japanese better than most Japanese people. But you must know that if you have Japanese ancestery it tends to become a much easier process. And in the end, Tabata could become a Japanese National if enough influential people wanted it to happen. I doubt they will want it to happen, but on the off chance that they do, it could happen.

So no coat and dagger attacks and can we stay civil?

peace (???????? (~ ~)v-~

18. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Hey, I wasnt the person who told someone who DOES know what they are talking about: "I dont know where you got that information but . . . . " If theres one thing I cant stand its someone who obviously doesnt know what theyre talking about, trying to act like they know what theyre talking about.

In Fujimori's case, he already HAD Japanese citizenship (though it was not officially recognised until he had to flee Peru), and was also a former head of state who had personally helped save the lives of dozens of Japanese people. In Tabata's case, neither of those points apply.

All Im saying is that the suggestion that Japan is some place like Qatar, where they give away free citizenship to every Tom Dick and Ailton, is personally insulting to those who actually have spent a decade of their lives getting naturalised.

Anyway, thissubject has been played.

Anyone who cares to continue discussing a non-issue, put your money where your mouth is. If Tabata is naturalised within the next five years or less, I will pay you 2000 US dollars. If he isnt, you pay me 20 US dollars.

Thatlll be the easiest sawbuck I ever made;)

19. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    This was a part of reasons my parents decided to move from Tokyo to the States 6 years ago. It was only after we moved, we figured out that Japanese government started to give out permanent residenship to foreigner like my dad (foreigner who lived/worked in Japan for at 10 years) :(.

20. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Well, I've only lived in Japan for 25 years out of the last 40, so my expertise may not be as great as matsu's. However, I would suggest that he refer to the case of one Jesse Takamiyama (his not being the only one) during the mid-1970s in which citizenship was granted much more quickly than would be the norm. It depends on who you are, at least the question of how important to Japan you are considered to be, who you have backing you (your sponsors) and other factors in your favor.

21. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Takamiyama, the sumo wrestler, received citizenship in a shade over four years. An unusually quick naturalization process, but still nothing even approaching the two or three MONTHS that would be necessary to get Tabata citizenship in time to play for Zico at the World Cup

Furthermore, Takamiyama received citizenship over 20 years prior to the nyuukoku kanri kaizen houan, passed in the late 1990s (Heisei 11 . . . I cant recall if that is 98 or 99 . . . ), and thus his case has absolutely nothing to do with the requirements for obtaining citizenship TODAY.

Put up or shut up. I offered you better odds than you will get on any bet at Ladbrokes. Are you prepared to give me a chance to earn an easy 20 bucks? Or are you all talk and no content?

22. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Here man, no need for fighting

23. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    I agree.

But Im wondering why some people need to continue trying to claim things that clearly are not possible. Is there anyone here who honestly thinks the story about Tabata getting citizenship in time to play for Zico Japan is true?

If so, why are you afraid to take the bet?

If not, why are you still arguing the point? Is it just because you enjoy arguing?
    If that is the case, I wont waste any more of your time.

24. Acidman

Acidman New Member

May 30, 2005
    Dundee -_-
    Ok, It doesn't matter whether or not he get citizenship he will never play for Japan in the world cup anyway, There is something wrong with Zico's head if the thought even creeped into his head about a guy coming in out of knowhere, cant speak the language and will do nothing but mess up any sort of team selection consistency, to play for Japan.
    How would someone even come up with that idea :confused:
    Japan players should be furious. It will never happen thank god

25. aiueo-redded

aiueo-redded Red Card

Feb 3, 2006
    Japan
    Anything new on this rumor?:confused: