Brazilian immigrants in the USA

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Century's Best, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I read a website by Brazilians in the USA once. It advocated an immediate and categorical amnesty a la 1986.

I strongly oppose this.

To you who are a Brazilian immigrant in the United States. What's your take on illegal immigration?

2. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I put up the question here a while ago and no one answered. Strange.

Well, in hopes of getting a debate going, I'll go first.

I am against illegal immigration and utterly oppose the amnestry program some are trying to push.

ANyone?

3. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Well I just got back from staying with a friend in Ironbound, NJ. I gotta say that pretty much all the Brasillians i met were illegal. I met some that were hard working and others that were there just having fun and wasting time. Having said that, I see no difference in the population of mexicans here in Los Angeles.

If amnesty wont be given to the mexicans I can see why it should be given to Brasillians to.

4. JL-SPFC

JL-SPFC New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    New York City
    I'm against any kind of amnesty. I would be a slap in the face for anyone, who like me, waited in line for his/her turn to receive residency or citizenship. I paid $1000 fine for falling out of status when my visa expired. Waited in line and dealt with the system to receive my residency. Why should anyone who probably entered the country already breaking a law be given amnesty when the rest of us have to do all the paperwork and wait?

5. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    well it aint no amnesty! they will pay back taxes and fines and wait in line like you did! you guys are bunch of selfish mukes! you had your chance for a good life , to make something of yourself and you are against your fellow brothers and sisters to have that opportunity too just because they came here quote and unquote illegally and you had to go through the right channels and wait in line to get yours.. oh gee poor you! how will they having their legal satues changed affect you guys,huh!! tell me! it has freaking nothing to do with you.it will affect you in noway or maybe your egos that you felt previleged to be the few brasilians who came here and got their citizenship the right way and with that same opportunity about to be given to others you dont feel so special amnymore. guys like you always need someone below to feel important. it should make you guys smile that other human beings have a chance for a better life let alone your fellow brothers and sisters. they came here in search of a better life just like you did and that should not be taken away from them okay! not everybody was afforded the same kind of luck but in order for this world to be a much better place those with better luck should always look backwards and give a hand to those who are not soo lucky instead of letting them fall!. hey listen:: TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN MUCH IS EXPECTED!!peace!@

i was born here and it shouldnt affect me personally but as a human being i wanna see everybody have a chance at a good life. just like my mothers family who moved over here from brasil in search of a better life before i was even born so why deny that to my fellow compatriots?peace!!

6. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I can't believe what i'm reading here... to hear brazilians against giving other brazilians amnesty, this is like the twilight zone.

I live in a city where there's a large brazilian population, and i've had a chance to become friendly with some of them... but now looking back, talking to a few of them talk about other brazilians, seems like they're are right in describing the personality traits and mentality that most brazilian have, and lets just say they arent positive.

Reminds me of a brazilian movie I once saw "Central Station"... a kid snatched some goods from a merchant, the payed security guard chased the kid, took the merchandise back and shot him right then and there, everybody looking as if nothing happened.