Brazilian clubs in Copa Libertadores 2006 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by leonidas, Apr 13, 2006.

1. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Re: Copa Libertadores 2006: oitavas-de-final

Oh yeah I forgot!! :)

2. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Re: Copa Libertadores 2006: oitavas-de-final

O Internacional honrou o Brasil. Grande resultado no Uruguai! Nacional 1, Colorado 2. :D

3. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
  4. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    crap penalty for sao paulo. we had this game in the bag. poor penalty to give up.

edit: ceni scores after having to re-take it. man. im still pissed at the careless penalty we gave up. i guess the good thing is that palmeiras are a man up and have about 8 minutes to score the game winner...and earn a spot in the next round.

5. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    jesus. palmeiras are such dumbasses. paulo baier just got redcarded. there goes our advantage. there's gonna be a ton of extra time.

there's an indirect free kick in the area. this is our chance.

6. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    man this was bullshit. we only got 3 minutes of extra time total...even though there was at least 6, especially when you consider it took 4 mins for ceni to get his penalty.

so, we get knocked out for the 2nd yr in a row by SP. :mad:

we blew this game, but the ref was rediculous. he gave out a total of 10 yellow cards and 3 red cards...with another one going to palmeiras at the end.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I didn't watch the game so I really can't comment but from what I heard, I see people who believed that the penatly was a very questionable call. What happened there?

8. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    i only listened to it on the radio. The jovem pan commentators are usually pretty balanced. they all agreed it was a penalty. but from reading on gazeta just now, the journalist says cristian "fell." so, i'm not sure. i'll just catch the highlights tomorrow on fox soccer report. the whole game looks like a load of crap though. ugh.

9. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    I just watched the Inter game and then went back to watch the SP game...wow....first the ref got in the way of a palmeiras pass which resulted in a counter attack and the PK...which wasnt a foul....clearly NOT a foul...SP benefited TOTALLY from that bounce off the ref and then a bad call. He gave 5 minutes but should have been at least 8 or 9 because the PK took 5 minutes and then a fight took another 5 mins at the end.

10. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    he didnt even give 5 mins. the game was over in the 48th minute. ugh. shouldve gone to at least 52. we were ripped off and this is sickening.

either way, palmeiras shouldve been careful...too careless towards the end.

11. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The ref was bad all around, I'm just glad SP were able to pull off the win. São Paulo was clearly the better team throughout the entire match, Palmeiras got lucky with the tying goal. We got lucky with the PK.

12. rafael123

rafael123 New Member

Feb 9, 2004
    SP, Brasil
    O jogo acabou aos 50min (pouco mesmo assim).

Mas Leonidas, por que você não cita a mão na bola do zagueiro palmeirense na área?

E o vermelho que o Marcinho Guerreiro já deveria ter levado já no 1º tempo?

E a falta que originou o gol do Palmeiras?

E sobre o "recuo" de bola do Fabão no finalzinho?

Se algum time mais prejudicado pelos erros da arbritagem, foi o São Paulo.

Ah, e foi penalty sim.

13. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    sorry i cant really write in portuguese.

As for the fouls, we all know how Brazilian referees are. They give fouls all the time. Of course some will be questionable, such as the Palemeiras and Sao Paulo ones. With the penalty, it couldve been a foul...it was rather light in my opinion...to me looked like he fell. I just dont like giving deciding penalties at the end of the game. But come on...the penalty! Look at how it started. It hit the referee and set up the whole counter attack for you. That's bullshit.

I think both teams lost out on the referee. I think any game where you have 3 red cards and 9-10 yellow cards...well there's a problem. The worst is that Palmeiras had this game at the end and they were careless and gave it led to a penalty. I cant really say it was Palmeiras' fault. If they were smarter, then things wouldve been different.

14. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Goias wins 3-1, but Estudantes da Prata advances against... SPFC.

Corinthians 1, Rio Prato 1. 28 minutes sobrando no segundo tempo. Ou a gambazada marca um e segura ou eh adeus, Libertadores 2006.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dagger! River scores, 2x1 River...looks like Corinthians is done once again..

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    3x1 River, Corinthianos are invading the field now!!!!!!

17. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Tsk tsk tsk.

Corinthians' fans had a good argument after game 1, that they were harmed by bad refereeing. And yes, Nilmar's goal in the first half apparently should have stood. But you can't leave Gallardo marked by zone only.

A sad night for Brazilian soccer in the Libertadores. Goias and Corinthians both out. Goias at least won 3-1 and came close.

And the gambazada remains as the only Brazilian team ever to be ousted by Rio Prato in the Libertadores' elimination rounds. Every other time Rio Prato faced a team from Brasil in the Libertadores' elimination rounds, it went home.

18. V_Park

V_Park Member

Dec 20, 2004
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    My team was eliminated yesterday... But we didn't invested much money like MSI... So, sorry MSI/Gambás!! ELIMINADO!! ELIMINADO!! ELIMINADO!!

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bad personnel in defense and bad coaching. I figured that they could get a better coach with the amount of money they had...I guess not.

20. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I guess we have a fundamental disagreement about man marking. I view it as unecessary. But for zonal marking (superior) to work, one must have quality players and good positioning. Riquelme is a much better playmaker than Gallardo, yet G. Silva totally anulled him in Arsenal's first game with Villareal. Zonally.

The refereing was bad and did hurt us... and there is no way to predict how the series would have played out had it not been so bad (particularly in the first game). That is not why we lost, however. We could have won this game today... we lost not because River was putting on a show and "schooling" us, because they were not.... we lost because our defense is crap. Take away the first two goals (both schoolboy defensive errors) and you'd have a different game on your hands. Shameful performance. Terrible management. Bring in Leão!

21. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    2 Brazilian teams down, 1 to go and it's my team... C'mon SP you can do it!

Corinthians were simply out-played today. Sucks about the ending too, some fans just don't know how to lose.

For those of you that were wondering what would happen when Corinthians finally lost at home in an international match, now you know. Ouch that was so scary to watch. Specially when bodies started dropping.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Actually Internacional is still in it too.

23. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    CONMEBOL is most certainly going to hit Corinthians with some sort of disciplinary action. Palmeiras (and I think Cerro Porteno) were hit for their 1st round fracas. This was way bigger. The pessimist in me says this could perhaps make a dent in Brazil's bid to host the 2014 World Cup. I hope I'm wrong.

24. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
  25. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Wake up Bambi...INTERNACIONAL is UNDEFEATED in the Libertadores....