Brazil WNT 2011-2012

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by usa3por2ft, Nov 27, 2011.

1. usa3por2ft

usa3por2ft Member

Oct 15, 2002
    in exile
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The CBF website has an article announcing that Brazil has a new coach. Jorge Barcellos will lead the team through the 2012 Olympic Games.

http://www.cbf.com.br/noticias/sele...23/jorge-barcellos-novo-treinador-da-feminina

He had been Brazil's coach from 2006 to 2008, during the period when Brazil had their greatest success. Under his leadership Brazil won the Pan-American Games title in 2007, finished runner-up in the 2007 World Cup, and won silver in the 20098 Olympic Games.

There had been no previous announcement on the site that Kleiton Lima had left or been dismissed from the position, so this comes as a surprise.

The article also says that Brazil has agreed to play to friendlies against Japan and the United States next April (both apparently in Japan), and that more friendlies will be scheduled.

2. scubasoccer

scubasoccer New Member

Jul 7, 2011
    yes!! Now the real brazil team can come out and play now. Lima's team was not not brasilian soccer.

3. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    My sentiments exactly. I'm pleasantly surprised by these developments as Lima had been adamant about not stepping down and it didn't seem as if the Federation cared enough to fire him. Glad that I was proven wrong.

4. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Santos folds - link including video in which Erika looks, as always, gorgeous.

Ridicolous and Tragic.

5. Flandre

Flandre Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    They should knock on Neymar's door and strike a sponsorship deal with him. Half his monthly salary would pay for the Santos women's team for a whole season. However, there is no such thing as a "season" for professional womens soccer teams over here...