Post-match: Brazil vs. Korea [2022 FIFA World Cup]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Lionel Richie, Dec 3, 2022.

?

Which result do you predict?

Poll closed Dec 5, 2022.
  1. Korea will win.

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. It'll be a tie.

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Brazil will win.

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    #76 Fector, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    I meant, by "he", Kor_Ita_21. He was reviled by old members but he is more in tune with self-righteous anti-nationalistic newer BSKorea members. I am not 100 percent sure it was he but he or someone like him dissed Park JS and was in full praise of Nakata.

P.S. It does not show in his posting history so maybe not the same guy but there was a guy claiming to be Italian and he claimed that Nakata was a far greater player than Park JS ever was. Indeed Italians to this day seem to think Nakata was great. In my view they do that just to show that 1.they are not racist, 2. they hate Koreans only because Koreans deserve it, not because they are racist, and 3. they know great football and great players when they see one. I think it is phony.

2. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    I predict 2:1. SHM scoring the winner at 92nd minute from just outside the box.

3. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    i wonder when the last time brazil was limitef to a goal and by whom lol

nay if anythiing this will be a high scoring game imo

4. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    When Brazil are knocked out they usually score 0 goal or 1 goal.
    98 WC final 3-0
    06 WC quarter 1-0
    10 quarter 2-1
    14 7-1 and 3-0
    18 quarter 2-1

R16 defeat goes back 32 years. Argentina 1-0 Brazil

The Hyphen repped this.
  5. Kor_Ita_21

Kor_Ita_21 Member

Aug 17, 2004
    as someone else previously mentioned. We're playing with house money. Not much downside no matter what. Except injuries.

6. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I had a dream last night we lost 3-1 and it sounds about right.

Believe me or not but I also dreamt we won 2-1 against Portugal the night before that match and I was disappointed when I woke up.

7. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    didnt catch some names?

8. Kor_Ita_21

Kor_Ita_21 Member

Aug 17, 2004
    you owe it to our motherland to NOT go back to sleep until after the match.

9. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    yea sorta my point
    i find it harder to believe they dont score on us compared to us scoring on them

sorry if thats awkwardly written

10. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    I stand corrected they have only scored one goal in each of the group matches but they also won all three games

11. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    The only positive things going for Korea compared with 6 months ago are
    1. Kim Minjae possibly playing
    2 Lee Kang In
    3 No Jesus guy or whatever the spelling.
    4 Jo GueSung instead of Hwang Uijo

Negatives
    1 Son injured
    2 HHC injured
    3 no home field advantage
    4 tired
    5 It is the World Cup.

I know it is unrealistic but I just hope that Lee Kang In + Jo Gueseong is the combination that saves Korea.

12. mk27

mk27 Member

Feb 24, 2008
    I think this is the game Son comes to life.

Whether or not its enough, he’s done well to help the team progress.

This might be his last World Cup game fellas, enjoy the player we’ve had of his status.

He took over from Park Ji Sung, I’m sure there will be someone who till take over his reins in the next World Cup.

13. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Brazilians are "typical pro-Japanese anti-Korean racists?" I think you don't know much about Brazil or about South Americans in general based on this post.

Without Alaska, the United States is smaller than Brazil. But Brazil, like the U.S., is a vast country with much geographical, cultural, and ethnic diversity.

A lot of Brazilians are "racist" in that they refer to all Asians as "Japanese" even if the said Asian is Chinese or Korean. Sometimes it's meant with bigotry, and sometimes it's not. The reason the Asian nationality "of choice" is Japanese stems from the fact that the Japanese diaspora to Brazil is over 100 years old and that they were the first and most numerous Asian nationality to ever go to Brazil. This stands in contrast with the U.S. (where I live), where historically, all east Asians and even southeast Asians were labeled as "Chinese" until the said Asian revealed his/her origin.

K-pop is famous in Brazil and people in Brazil know very well K-pop is not Chinese. When "Squid Game" came out, some Brazilian women went on social media talking about how hot they thought some of the actors were. BTS is also well-known in Brazil. Psy went to Brazil and performed there.

As for the Argentines.... they're racist towards everybody who isn't them. As a Brazilian who speaks Spanish, I've often conversed with South American immigrants from other countries. While of course there are good and bad people everywhere, no nationality in South America was as commonly and frequently reviled as the Argentines were, for their arrogance and racism.

I suggest this, in a friendly way: don't waste your time about who is racist and who isn't. Life is short, and there will be ignorant, bigoted, and plain nasty people in every nationality and in every country. I've met Brazilians who were despicable even as I've met many who were amazing human beings. I bet you can say the same about your own home country.

Best of luck tomorrow.

HTCONEM8, Kanuck, HandsomeVoice and 3 others repped this.
  14. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Just put him on ignore. He's brainless. He thinks everyone is a racist if they dont agree with him.

15. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We must hold to a draw.

16. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    #92 Fector, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    Koreans know far more about race relation in Brazil and South America.
    Japanese have a long history in that country and they were mostly farmers initially and many of them are still in the farming business. Similar to the Japanese Americans in the US.
    Koreans began to immigrate to Brazil in the 60's. They were helped by Koreans who went there as "Japanese farmers" under Imperial Japan. During the 70's not too long after they immigrated to Brazil as farmers they began to move to cities and were in clothing and textile business. The Brazilian government was not very happy about this and protested to the Korean government. Korea set up several "Saemaul" farming communities to lure them back to agriculture with only limited success. Brazil closed on Korean immigration and Koreans now more prosperous had less need to immigrate.
    I have grown up in NYC. Unlike other parts of the US(Hispanics are mostly Mexican) we had all kinds of people from all over the world. I have interacted with almost all kinds of South and Meso Americans. I know what you guys think of Koreans and Japanese.

It has been noted by many journalists that anti-Korean sentiment is intense all over South America and it contrasts sharply with very pro-Japanese sentiment. Koreans are seen as no good cheaters who lived in cities even though they were brought in as farmers whereas Japanese are seen as good hard working farmers who filled the need of the country. And much of this is engineered by Japanese Brazilian themselves. Just read what Tulio Tanaka says and observe how much hatred he harbors toward Koreans.

According to you there is no anti-Asian sentiment among Blacks in the US. What you are spewing out is just politically correct cliché. During the 2016 Olympics and 2014 WC we have seen the support for Japan and animosity toward Korea. To go against that perception is very hard. And we don't need to as we owe you nothing.

17. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    They scored 2, 1, 0 goals and they lost the last game.

18. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    ok great thanks

19. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    #95 Fector, Dec 5, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    If Japan beat Croatia and Brazil beat Korea FIFA will require COVID tests on all players. They cannot do it just for Brazil because that looks too obvious, so they will require them for all players hoping such will cripple Brazil.

P.S. When Jo Kyuseong described Japan as "얄미운"(which cannot be properly translated into English) and caused an uproar in Japan, he precisely reflected this sentiment. Japan is like a teacher's pet who is known among the teachers as an exemplary student but who does all kinds of nasty things to his classmates behind the teachers' back.

And no matter how much 도오오오덕 filled Social Justice Warriors of this forum want Kumbaya of good will with Japanese, such a sentiment is not shared by most of NT members. Just get off your moral high horse.

Just imagine these phonies have a talk with the NT and lecture them why they should never hate Japanese, in the communal halcyon spirit of brotherhood of all mankind.

20. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We score a freak goal then BRA get a player sent off then we hold on for dear life and then we win! :giggle:

21. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    You addressed none of what I wrote and you create lies: you said, "according to you there is no anti-Asian sentiment among Blacks in the U.S." I never wrote that. This lie of yours shows you've got no credibility at all.

You also wrote, "I know what you guys think of Koreans and Japanese."

You know what South Americans think of Koreans and Japanese based on some interactions with immigrants while ignoring the following facts:
    1. Korean and Japanese diaspora populations vary in size throughout South America. There are plenty of Korean restaurants in São Paulo and in Buenos Aires, but not as many in Montevideo.
    2. South Americans are diverse in ethnicity and level of culture, and this includes familiarity with Asian immigrants. Yet you know "what you guys think."
    3. There are hundreds of millions of people in South America and yet you know what they think. :rolleyes:

"During the 2016 Olympics and 2014 WC we have seen the support for Japan and animosity toward Korea."

You saw all that from your TV in NYC?

"Brazil closed on Korean immigration" - WRONG. South Koreans have continued to immigrate to Brazil, although the frequency of this migratory current ebbs and flows. There are still new arrivals there. I have for a long time had friends/acquaintances in Brazil who are of Korean, Japanese, and Chinese ancestry; all were born and raised in Brazil and continue to reside there permanently.

It's amazing how unaware people can be.

Anyway, to the BigSoccer Koreans who liked my post which was quoted by Fector: I reiterate my wishes of good luck to your team and stand by my earlier post congratulating your team for its historic victory over Portugal. Too bad some of your fellow Korea board members are less, um.... nah, I won't go there.

HTCONEM8 and The Hyphen repped this.
  22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Thanks - I just read this. I have NEVER put anybody on ignore in my many years on BigSoccer. I may not respond to them, but use the ignore function? Nah.

Son is playing very well! Brazil's front line will have a tough time against your very solid defenders.

23. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    Regardless of the result tomorrow, I'm so happy that we made the Round of 16 in what could be the last 32-team World Cup. An expanded tournament won't come close to the same level of prestige.

The Hyphen repped this.
  24. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    we need to have a game of our lives and brazil must play the worst game ever. that's the only way we gonna win lol

seolseol repped this.