Post-match: Brazil vs. Korea [2022 FIFA World Cup]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Lionel Richie, Dec 3, 2022.

?

Which result do you predict?

Poll closed Dec 5, 2022.
  1. Korea will win.

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. It'll be a tie.

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Brazil will win.

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. Goal!!

Goal!! Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You flatter us too much! If we Koreans are all that great then we wouldn't be divided nationally (north and south) and in politics would be a lot less regional. We wouldn't vote for the worst of presidents and then call for his resignation. We wouldn't allow tradegies to spiral down the toilet like Sewol and now Itaewon. Just my 2 cents....

2. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    #52 Testator, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    I suppose grass is always greener on the other side. The Korean division was caused by superpowers controlling the fate of a people, one amongst many they thought of as inferior. I pray to see the day when Koreas reunite, in spite of the objections of America, China, Russia and Japan.

If we could generate protests as fierce as those that took down 박근혜, Croatia would progress. But we can only protest about unimportant things. Corruption will never get the streets of Croatian cities filled with angry mobs.

I guess I'm just a weird man. South Korea has a high rate of suicides and depression, but when I see the people being polite, honest, hard-working...my own depression is blown away, even for only some time. This World Cup has been one big antidepressant for me. I felt high on adrenaline when the Bull scored against Portugal. It was excitement, joy, a sense of justice in seeing Korean hard work pay off...I wanted to cry together with Son when I saw that celebration video, but I haven't cried in years (depression can make people unable to cry). Maybe that is about to change...soon? Tears of joy incoming?

월요일에 나는 희망을 잃지 않을거 예요!

3. Goal!!

Goal!! Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, my friend I hope you don't go into depression and have hope all the time in life no matter the outcomes in any games now or the future. We need more open-minded people like you in the world and less maniacs no matter the country or people.

Testator repped this.
  4. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    #54 Fector, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    HHC is in the training session, smiling. He appears to be good to play. KMJ, maybe not but he may still play; "I will play even if my muscle gets torn" which alarmed his club and Italians.

Yeah I, too, thought that the Portugal's goal might have been stopped if KMJ were there but I could not remember whether KMJ was right or left(KYG is right so most likely left) so for the fear that I might be exposed I did not say anything.

In 2010 I did not watch the video of the R16 for a few days because I wanted to extend my World Cup by a few days(no Korean media either. That was a painful few days) but this time the opponent is Brazil. No shame in losing to them so I will watch it right after the game is over. I will watch Japan vs Croatia game and hope that Croatia win.

P.S. Neymar is probably fit to play but Brazil will spare him because they are sure they can beat Korea without him.

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah I hear Neymar is fit for fight too

6. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    SHM has been terrible with PKs.

7. extremegamer

extremegamer Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Some commentators expecting the team to play defensively and counterattack after learning from mistakes in its previous friendly rout.

I understand the rationale. But is there anyone else here that sees a problem with this? I feel like this will result in a one-way direction deep into the third and I've never seen the team play well defensively. And then what happens when they concede the first goal? Will they then start trying to attack at all costs while leaving their defense even weaker and then let the loss widen by another 1,2,3,etc. goals?

8. extremegamer

extremegamer Member

Jun 28, 2007
    One day, the forum started to become more quiet and there wasn't much happening in the way of soccer, so I started visiting only occasionally.

9. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    You must be insane to compare him with the greatest poster in Bigsoccer history.

10. yhr88

yhr88 Member

South Korea
    Jun 13, 2017
    I am seldom in support of this tactic and you certainly can't allow a team like Brazil to dictate play and have the ball comfortably in your half. I know there's a lot of back and forth regarding our team's ability to play possession football but the conservative way we approach possession allows our team to remain relatively structured for counterattacking efforts by the other team. I think recency bias makes us think that counters are the best strategy for us against stronger teams but those opportunities are always in last minute, desperate moments when we spray the ball out of our box. HIB has the skill, awareness, and composure to make intelligent decisions when distributing under pressure so we need to trust him and utilize that. JWY has been doing a decent job of making safe passes and defending but I don't want him making any split section decisions with a Brazil player running full bore at us around our 18 (especially if JWY is chasing). I think the key here is to keep them as compact as possible and I think the only way we do this is try to control the ball to the extent we can. I'm much more comfortable seeing us lose the ball in midfield/their half with Casemiro/Fred having the first touch than allowing Neymar, Richarlison, or Vinicius to have unlimited goes at us from the flanks.

12th Player repped this.
  11. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Kim MJ in the training session for the first time since the injury. But I think he limps a little. Good positioning defenders are still effective even if not fully fit so I expect him to start. Kim YG appears alright.

12. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    KMJ back to training

13. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    김민재를 너무 존경해요. 고통스러울 거예요.:(

14. redknights

redknights Member

Jan 20, 2010
    USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Playing with house money already so I'll be happy if we can achieve the following at minimum:

1. Don't play like timid panicky p*ssies, show some tuhon (fighting spirit)

2. No embarrassing scoreline - if it's close enough that Brazil can't make subs to prepare for the next round I can live with that

3. Impressive individual showings from players against world-class opposition to catch the eye of European scouts

Do at least these and we can hold our heads up even if we lose.

nmssis, kimchipride, seolseol and 2 others repped this.
  15. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    I think, given Brazil's scoring record so far, the result should not be embarrassing. As for point #1, I'm pretty sure anyone who's fit, and even those that aren't, will be dying to fight so they prove themselves, and show Korea in good light, as well. That ties into #3, and there, I have news.

The lovely 조규성 has been linked with my Glasgow Celtic, although the rumor that "opens" the striker spot for him is quite...thin. Not even a club is mentioned that would take Georgios Giakoumakis, our current penalty box striker, but already tabloids claimed he wants out and wouldn't sign a contract extension.

At least, if a bid is made for 조규성, we will know soon. Our new-ish CEO is quite efficient with transfer dealings, and they get done fast.

16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Two things to take into consideration going into tomorrow's match.

1. A handful of key players are out due to injury for Brazil except Neymar who is back in training.

2. Brazil finished their match later than ours, which means that they had fewer time to rest, so with this in mind I hope they are stretched thin and tire out quickly.

seolseol and Testator repped this.
  17. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Brazil rested 10 of their 11 players against Cameroon lol

seolseol repped this.
  18. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We need to win 1:0 :whistling::whistling::whistling::sleep:

19. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We prob need to defend like hell.

20. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    I don't know what he was unhappy about but we probably need to kneel before his 도오오오덕.

21. Essex

Essex Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can't wait for the game. I just hope Korea shows a convincing and passionate performance, like they have in the group matches.

BTW, these days it occurred to me that Hwang Hee-chan looks almost like the Korean twin brother of Ritsu Doan, don't you think?

22. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    I just hope Korea doesn't lose by a large margin. Honestly, just happy they made it out of the group stage.

23. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not sure if Tite's gonna start Eder, but he played full time in all three matches I believe. Also, I read that Neymar, Antony, and Alisson are still coughing, and they refused to take the pcr test. If they are found positive of covid, then they're likely to sit out on Monday.

kimchipride repped this.
  24. Kor_Ita_21

Kor_Ita_21 Member

Aug 17, 2004
    That's awesome. I hope he can garner some more interest after tomorrow. Still hard to believe both he and LKI didn't start against URU

25. extremegamer

extremegamer Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Lots of kor soccer forums are acting relatively quiet at the moment, especially for an r16 match they were craving as if there is no tomorrow.

Guess the sentiment is really bad and pessimistic,huh? Seems like a defeat is virtually guaranteed and it is only a matter of how badly they will lose.