Brazil Ranking (includes [R] from JPN:BZL)

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by Sport Billy, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Is Brazil the most over-rated team ever?

FIFA has them at 5th.
    I don't understand it.
    This team has won nothing.

World Cup:
    1991 - Group Stage
    1995 - Group Stage
    1999 - Third Palce
    2003 - Quarters
    2007 - Runner Up
    2011 - Quarters

Olympics:
    1996 - 4th
    2000 - 4th
    2004 - 2nd
    2008 - 2nd
    2011 - quarters

How does a team that has never won either the WC or the Olympics get continually treated as a top team?

2. jackiesdad

jackiesdad Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Yes. Yes they are.

And Marta is the most overrated women's player ever.

3. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :ROFLMAO:

Look at the highlighted teams. What have any of them done including everyone's precious Luck Ball FC aka Sweden? Outside of this year, Brasil got about 1-2 prep games and entered the tournaments and did pretty well vs the other slugs. I won't include the Ladies in Blue :inlove: because they just arrived last WC.

1. United States
    2. Germany
    3. Japan
    4. Brazil
    5. Sweden
    6. France
    7. Canada
    8. North Korea
    9. England
    10. Australia

4. necron99

necron99 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    I rarely agree with newsouth, but I do here. Though they did not show well here in the Olympics, and seem to be on a decline, the other teams ranked below them have not placed as highly in the WWC or Olympics. Sweden and France were higher in last WWC and this Olympics, so that moves things a bit. But it is all very close Sweden has had a short stretch of better form, and Brazil a short stretch of worse. If Brazil cannot retool or get more practice together to truly work out their tactics, and Sweden keeps it up, then it will change. France are obviously ascending and working their way up the ranks.

As for most overrated ever, they are ranked 4 not 1. They have been in the top 4 of most WWC and Olympics for the last 12 years. That would seem to make rank 4 about right.