Brazil is coming...

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Medeiros, Apr 29, 2008.

1. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My comment was in regards to people complaining about 2 tickets being used for this game.

2. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like you yourself stated, we didn't know they were going to do that at the time. Hell, we were wondering what was going to happen with that extra ticket. And I know once people found out, quite a few of us were pissed.

3. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, cause my comment is totally not about the schedule change but people bitching about two tickets from their season ticket package being used.

4. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They announced it the same way they announced the Brazil game. I remember it distinctly, and I was one that was very mad that we had no special event tickets left and my rep forwarded my complaint.

5. kattaz

kattaz New Member

Nov 13, 2005
    NH
    I feel like its last Saturday, sitting at Castro's waiting till Karen's flight gets in and listening to Tim and Ashu....:rolleyes:

6. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For some reason I don't remember that. I remember sitting here with people at the midpoint of last season trying to figure out where our playoff ticket was coming from. I'll take your word for it.

7. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually this was your comment.
    There was nothing specific you were mentioning in your complaint.

8. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always have complained and always will complain. I do not think it is right to just add a game on to a Revs game and make STH's use 2 tickets. I SHOULD NOT have to use 2 tickets for 1 game. I think all 20 of of season tickets should used for Revs games. If you add a game to make it a DH, that game should never ever count towards my use of season tickets. It is sleazy and downright ************! If people actually think this will attract new fans, your are dead wrong.

I feel bad for people who made plans to go away Friday and Saturday and be back in time for the game on Sunday.

10. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I am very mad about it this year, what's the difference?? Oh yeah because we get Brazil now???

If you were mad about it last year, and people are upset about it this year. Why are you calling out people for it not liking it this year??

11. neophilus

neophilus Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Methuen, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a soccer fan I'll be happy to see Brazil and Venezuela play. As a Rev's fan I'm upset that the Rev's game is getting shuffled around as a warm-up act for an exhibition match at a time that will be very difficult for anyone who can't take time off from work to make it to. I have a feeling Kraft is just doing this so they don't have to pay to open up the stadium on the normally scheduled game-day and pay all those staffers for "just a Revs game".

12. Alan

Alan Titanium Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am so confused ... again :confused:

On March 13, the Revs announced Special Game A would be a July 13th Revs vs Santos SuperLiga Match.

Now I'm supposed to use Special Game A for Brazil but enter the game on my Dallas Event #6 ticket.

Do we get both games to count as Special Game A, meaning one is actually free?

What ticket do I use to enter the 7/13 Santos match - Special Game B?

Special Game B was the 7/16 Pachuca SuperLiga match -- does this now become Special Game C?

Will Special Game D become the real ticket for the Santos Match as many people will have torn up their Special Game A ticket because they were told to enter on the Dallas Event #6 ticket.

Will the Revolution Meal Deal be available during the Brazil Match or will the hot dog be replaced by a yam sandwich?

13. Shadow10

Shadow10 New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    I'm sorry but this attitude really bugs me. The ticket prices for these DH's are always well higher than what two Revs tickets cost. Generally speaking they have been games that are worth going to see and we all know the deal when we buy the tickets. You may not like Brazil v Venezuela, some one else might not like Ireland v Bolivia but don't forget we also got USA v Mexico WWQ and USA v Netherlands send off match. On top of that we get a discount off the face value of every game (and any additional tickets bought) and free parking at these DH's. Do you know what Pat's fans get for buying season tickets? The obligation to buy tickets to 2 semi worthless pre-season games, a price increase every year and rediculous parking rates!!! Yea!!! I am not one to suck up to the FO any I think that people on this board have legitimate gripes but this is NOT one of them.
    Sorry if I came across to strong but I had to vent.

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, the Pats prices don't go up every year.

But when they go up ... holy crap...

BTW, I understand what you're trying to say, but what does that have to do with the Revs? He's not a Pats season ticket holder, he's a Revs season ticket holder. So why should he care if the Pats ticket holders are getting screwed (and we most certainly are)?

15. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The point some of the detractors are making is that we pay for twenty trips to the stadium and we now only get 19.

When it comes time to shell out extra money for playoff tickets, that's when I'll get angry. Until then, I'm sort of excited to see Brazil play in a game that I won't be rooting for the underdog to upset them.

16. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this actually. IIRC, last year's playoff attendance wasn't good (yes, the weather sucked) and I don't believe the game ticket was part of the season ticket package.

17. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Both games were not. The STH's got a winter hat, though.

To go along with the stupid answers that come out of May Day, here's a stupid question:

Those of us in GA seating with season tickets will be getting seats here shortly. Will they be enforcing assigned seating for the Revs game, or will it be GA and then switch to assigned seats when the Revs game is up?

I ask this because I may want to get a much higher seat to watch Brazil.

18. Shadow10

Shadow10 New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Would I like to have post season tickets included too. Sure, but when you look at the cash value of the average DH vs. what it cost me to buy two playoff tickets it doesn't compare. Say that CAT 1 tickets are $75 and parking is $30 that's 105 and I am paying $48 so that's a savings of $57. I understand the whole changing the Rev's game to 6:30 on a Friday complaint, I sort of get some people not interested in seeing Brazil play. I don't get people who complain that they are a sold a vastly discounted, highly demanded ticket in return for having to buy a much cheaper lower demanded (sadly) ticket later in the year. And oh by the way what if, God forbid, the Rev's don't make the playoffs?
    Bash the FO for not getting a DP, not spending closer to the cap, not allowing flags in the stadium but don't bash them when they try to give you an opportunity watch world class soccer and a great price.

19. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    So if they had a concert, by an aging rock band you hated, after the game and made that a special event, would you be happy? Tickets to see The Who and The Rolling Stones go for far more than what they are charging on 6/6. Hey, you get a chance to see bands in their 60's play for maybe the last time.;)

If it were a stand alone game used as a special event, less people would be upset about this. Non STH's living under a budget would still be able to attend the Dallas game.

BTW, if all the special events aren't used, you get to roll over that into next season's tickets. It's happened in the past.

20. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically what I've read in this thread is people are pissed because the game got moved to a Friday and then people are starting to get pissed about having to use two tickets for the game. I just don't remember the same reaction last year, until after the game that they realized the Revs game was of better quality then the Ireland/Bolivia game. I don't know if this condition is just another reason to moan and groan about the Revs FO.

21. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "A few questions have been raised to our ticketing group and through feedback about how the Special Events tickets in the season-ticket packages will be used now that we have a new event. Please see the list below for the designations as they stand now:

Special Event A: Brazil vs. Venezuela, June 6, 8:30 p.m.
    Special Event B: SuperLiga - Revolution vs. Santos Laguna, July 13, 8 p.m.
    Special Event C: SuperLiga - Revolution vs. Pachuca, July 16, 8 p.m.

As you can see, the events have been re-lettered to take in to account this most recent game addition so it coincides with the calendar. If you have any further questions, please call your account representative or 1-877-GET-REVS."

http://revolutionsoccer.wordpress.com/2008/04/30/special-event-designations/

22. Shadow10

Shadow10 New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    The Who on tour? Nah, that's impossible I saw their farwell tour 19 years ago.:rolleyes:

23. gmboy95

gmboy95 Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Norton, Ma.
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I could not agree more....I have 4 pats season tickets, and my tickets where increased $1,200 just this year!!!!....I get to watch my favorite soccer team, and it is followed up by watching arguably the greatest players in the world....wow that sucks!!!

24. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually most people here are more pissed off about the Friday change, and the 6:30pm kickoff.

25. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am so excited.

Woo woo.

Come on the States...wait what?

I thought the US was playing Brazil...Venezuela? Is Ozzie Gueien managing them? This sucks.