Brazil is coming...

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Medeiros, Apr 29, 2008.

1. jass

jass Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    Parana Curitiba
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    According to a ticketmaster search I did, the lower bowl is sold out.

2. Fasista_Madrista

Fasista_Madrista New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Chelsea
    wow after reading this whole thread, all i can hear is wawawawa...like 5 year olds crying...geeze!, I'm personally going to see the REVS and BRAZIL and yes this will be a high caliber game because its a warm up to the actual qualifers. I personally took this day off to enjoy a three day weekened, tailgate and enjoy the game. people had a month in advance to plan for this game so i don't see where the b*tching and moaning is coming from. i haven't posted much here, but as a futbol fanatic i don't see the problem in making this a double header and rescheduling the revs match...sure i'm going to get responses but thats my 2 cents.

P.S. Yes i will wear a yellow shirt for the revs game because i'm the guy who is not going to get a jersey until the revs have an official sponsor on the shirt :D

3. joegrav

joegrav Member+

Jun 9, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you really like being a billboard huh?

4. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you'd rather support some random company than support the team? :rolleyes:

5. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Showing your true colors I guess. A blue t-shirt would have been out of the question I suppose. I hope to hell you don't stand in the Fort, it would be nice if we could at least have ONE section of blue for the home team. I'm sure it's a vain hope because god knows, Brazil is coming. :mad:

6. DREWWW

DREWWW Member

Jan 24, 2006
    H2Otown, Masachewsez
    The lots don't open til 3:30? Its like they don't even want people in there at the start of the Revs game...this is retarded

7. SamAdams

SamAdams New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    well you should be easy to spot then for the "take that stupid ********ing shirt off" heckling.

8. rachel83

rachel83 Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Russia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the lots usually open at 5 for a 7:30 game? How is that worse than opening at 3:30 for a 6:30 game? My math may be off, but I think we're actually given more time for this one.

9. Fasista_Madrista

Jul 18, 2007
    Chelsea
    no i'm just a traditionalist, last time i check every other futbol team in the world has a sponsor even if its charity, no worries i wont be in the fort i'll be in the opposite side of the fort, plus why would i wear blue if the seats are blue

10. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yes I always dress for maximum contrast with the stadium seats so I can be seen on camera.:rolleyes:

11. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Certain people in the front row do.

12. Fasista_Madrista

Jul 18, 2007
    Chelsea
    would it make you happy if i buy the blue brazil shirt :D, whats the big fuss about a shirt, i'm going to the revs game and cheering for the revs! wouldn't that be sufficient enough, who cares what shirt i wear.

13. DREWWW

DREWWW Member

Jan 24, 2006
    H2Otown, Masachewsez
    because at a normal game there are 15,000 the entire staduim will be sold out for this one. What other sold out event do the lots open only 3 hours before hand? Last time Brazil was in town traffic was a mess. Open the lots 4 (which is normal for most sold out events) or even 5 hours before hand gives people more time to get into the lots and off of the roads. Even last year I got to Gillette 2.5 hours before the beckham game which was only 1/2 a sell out and waited at least 30 minutes in traffic. I'm planning on getting to Rt 1 about 2:30 and hanging out at a bar til 3:30 or when trafic starts to back up...this is going to be a disaster traffic wise

14. rachel83

rachel83 Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Russia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotcha. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

15. DREWWW

DREWWW Member

Jan 24, 2006
    H2Otown, Masachewsez
    I like being as vage as possibel so that I can offend people :D

16. rachel83

rachel83 Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Russia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, I wasn't offended, just confused. And confusing me is not a difficult thing to do :)

17. TheStatsGuy

TheStatsGuy Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Somewhere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just excited to get to the BBC for 1:00 p.m. Friday. That's still the time frame right Monty? Watch a nice Celtics win Thursday night, Revs win Friday and a nice 3 hourtailgate before and another 3-4 hours after the Revs game while that other game is played.

I sure hope they open the back road out of the stadium after the games. That would make this weekend even sweeter.

18. jokeefe80

jokeefe80 Red Card

Oct 31, 2005
    Boston, Ma
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what's a vage? is it like a meat wallet?

19. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, are we all going to have to sit in our "assigned" seats for the Revs game? Reason I ask is because mine is in 143 and I'd prefer to be in 142 like always.

Also, for anyone who went to the Brazil/Mexico game, how strict were they about having people in their correct seats?

20. SoulShadow

SoulShadow New Member

Mar 14, 2000
    Milford, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No more than usual for an assigned seat game. If the person who had the ticket for that seat brought it up, they would make the person move (every single person who originally sat in our row got kicked out as us and others with tickets came in). Though to be honest people were good about moving so long as you showed you had a ticket. The mian problem actually were the aisles. Many people tended to move into those from the back and stand there. I swear Kevin's entire night consisted of telling people in the aisles to find their seat. Didn't really clear out until the cops finally did their job and told the people to move.

You could always just find someone in section 142 and see if they will trade a ticket with you if you are worried about it. That's similiar to what we are planning to do... once the Revs game is over we are switching tickets with some people who are closer to the front (they have no interest in the Brazil game). That way we can have back up with other "seat-fillers" try to grab it.

Mike

21. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in Sec 143 Row 1 for the Brazil/Mexico match. I got there just as they blew the opening whistle...spent a few minutes kicking 4 Brazillians out of my 1 seat...they proceeded to the aisle where they stayed for 90 minutes...When the 80th minute came and we were looking to screw to beat the traffic we couldn't take a step in any direction, the aisles were 4 people deep and nobody could leave the section....we got out of the section about 20 minutes after the final whistle...got to the lot across Rt 1 shortly thereafter and didn't turn the ignition until 2:30am...

Luckily we have the MR lot for this match and I think/hope TeamOps will be better prepared for this match...

We'll see!:D

22. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Last years parking lot was a disaster. I parked far away and was lucky...well worth the walk. I had friends stuck in the main lots for 4+hrs. ran out of beer and everything! We can't make it early to tailgate for this one so I plan to avoid the MR lot..Taking the back route and parking in a random lot far from the stadium for easy exit access. Hopefully it will only be $10 again....Weather looks great....hopefully we see a ton of goals....

23. Ann

Ann Member

Feb 17, 1999
    MA
    I'll probably leave at halftime of the Brazil game to avoid that nightmare.

24. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Any inside word on attendance for this match? It hasn't sold out has it? Wishful thinking....

25. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Last figure I saw was over 50,000 tickets sold.