Brazil is coming...

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Medeiros, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    What happens if the Revs reach the semifinal and final of the Superliga and play against Mexican teams (meaning we'd host) AND make the playoffs and host the conference championship game?

That's four possible games, and only two Special Event tickets left (D and E).

This could get interesting.

2. Medeiros

Medeiros Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Pawtucket, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You also forgot the Champs League which I am more excited about than SuperLiga. Not to get off topic but the REVs have made little notice of the CL which I think is by far the most important tourney they are in. We will potentially have the qualifying game and then 3 group home games this season in the CL

3. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. I'm more excited about the Champions League then the regular season games and Open Cup.

4. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    While I'm certainly not trying to divert the blame here, let's face it, the MLS schedule is clogged. We're playing around fifty games in approximately seven months. Should the Revs season ticket package have expanded accordingly? Not in my position to say, just raising the question.

5. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wish that people would get this excited for a revs game! It is a sad day when some Revs fans are more excited for a FRIENDLY of Brazil. Sorry if dont agree but this is my opinion!

6. joegrav

joegrav Member+

Jun 9, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's because we don't see Brazil every week, not because we're not excited about watching the Revs.

7. rmcgo

rmcgo New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I'm excited I get to see both on the same day.

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Technically they haven't announced the CL teams yet, so they really can't make too much notice of it. 95% (or more) likely they will be in that competition though.

And we as STHs will have to pay extra money to watch our team play in one (or more) of those games this year. YAY!
    Agreed.

9. Medeiros

Medeiros Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Pawtucket, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alright so for the season ticket holders. We have 2 special games left and here are the additional possible home games:

CL Qualifier (not official but everywhere Ive read says where in)
    CL - 3 home group games (if qualify)
    SuperLiga - possibly semi-final and final
    Playoffs 1st round
    US Open Cup
    Please no REVs vs Euro team friendlys

Thats alot of potential home games with only 2 special event tickets left. I am worried about this and will the fans show. Will they market the CL. And please tell me they plan on playing all their home CL games at Gillette. I want every trophy possible (CL, MLSCup, Superliga, Supporter Shield, US Open Cup)

10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same thing I'm worried about. But I'd really doub the SuperLiga final/semis would be here. Actually, I'll try and find the press release, I thought they were going to be in LA at the HDC?

11. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah, they are at the HDC.

12. Medeiros

Medeiros Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Pawtucket, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest I would not be surprised as money talks, but I remember last year if it was MLS vs MFL then the MLS team would get the home game. If it were to be MFL vs. MFL im sure they would play in an LA, Texas, Chicago or even Denver.

13. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Do you really think they would have another Superliga game at Gillette after the inevitable 5,000 person crowds we will get due to the piss poor gametimes?

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wait till they make the SuperLiga games doubleheaders with Brazil, then everyone will go!

We can't market our own team, but damn right we'll market others!

15. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Thanks for reminding me. I completely forgot we have five special events. It seems like less of a squeeze now.

And that avatar makes me think of this.

16. Medeiros

Medeiros Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Pawtucket, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a sad note, I just tried looking up the Superliga games on the revs website and if you click on schedule there is no mention of the superliga games. Then, click on tickets and still nothing. Are they serious? Anyhow, I had to go to the superliga website. Looks like Santos on a sunday and Pachuca on a wednesday. I think well do alright attendance wise. Lets see how 'educated' the fans are and if they show to a more meaningful tournay game. To answer your question, I think they should have the game here rather then in LA. Do you think a final game of NE vs Pachuca would de well in LA? the final last year year (with LA) did not do that well and they tried to blame it on being a school night. They reduced capacity to 12k I beleive and they staduim still looked empty. Santos, Puchaca and Atlante will not draw big mexican crowds like a Chivas or Club America

17. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The games are on Sunday and Wednesday. Both at 8:00.

18. SoulShadow

SoulShadow New Member

Mar 14, 2000
    Milford, MA, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, per the Superliga website and the original announcement, the site is still to be determined. While it most likely will be HDC is two Mexican teams make the final or Chivas USA is one of the finalists, I would expect they'd pick the home site of an MLS club involved in the final in other scenarios. But I think the only way Gillette will get it is if the Revs face a Mexican team in the final. Otherwise, I doubt it is going to beat out RFK or Robertson if the revs face DCU or Houston.

Mike

19. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool, thanks for the info Mike.

20. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But wait haven't you seen all the adult-oriented marketing they've put out, just like Bilello said earlier this year? Oh wait...

The story wolfp10 alluded to earlier is when myself, edlova, and patfan1 listened to a group of Celtic fans tell us (in the Gillette Stadium parking lot next to their car) how they couldn't come to a Revs game because they couldn't get there. I was sad for my people that day lemme tell you...

If you're excited to see Brazil good for you. If you this somehow benefits the Revs, shame on you. That's my opinion.

21. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bet the Revs will just love hearing "Brazil Brazil" towards the end of their game. Just something else to look forward to.

I wonder if people in the Fort will be joining that one? ;)

22. The Kilt

The Kilt New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Rossi
    only if you start it, because, like most people, i am completely lost without you and am utterly incapable of making my own decisions or thinking on my own without the guidance and leadership of our Mexican grand puba

23. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, he's brown; clearly he is either an illegal immigrant or a terrorist...

OR BOTH!!!

All Hail Senor Osama Bin Rodrigues!

Our Illegal Immigrant Terrorist Leader!

Now go mow my lawn using a suitcase nuke.

24. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    I always thought Monty was Fijian.

Damn you Monty, you lied to me. Damn you... DAMN YOU!!!

The Magpie

25. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but because I said it, you're required to believe it. There's no independent thought process allowed amongst the Riders. ;)