Brazil friendly NT matches 2014

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by jonny63, Apr 24, 2014.

1. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Friendly matches for Brazil in 2014 :

5. March South Africa 0-5 Brazil

3. June - Goiana - Brazil vs Panama
    6. June - Sao Paolo - Brazil vs Serbia

11. October - Beijing - Brazil vs Argentina

12. November - Istanbul - Turkey vs Brazil

2. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thats strange that there's no games in August or September? ? And my biggest mystery would be who will be Brazil's new coach??

3. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway

No FIFA match days in August , but two match days in September . Im sure Brazil will play friendlies also in September.

Also one match day more in October and November, probably another friendly in Asia in October and one friendly in Europe in November.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @globoesportecom: Seleção brasileira fará amistoso contra a Turquia no dia 12 de novembro http://t.co/AW3Crin3Y7

5. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Ideally, we would get a foreign based Brazilian coach who will have some different ideas than the endless coaching carousel in the Brasileirao.

Would be pretty cool if Roberto Carlos gets the nod, although it might still be too early for him.

Leonardo has indicated that he is ready to return to coaching, although I fear that he'd go ballistic on the sidelines for Brazil.

The 2015-2016 seasons will be important for Brazil -- 2 Copa Americas - 2015 in Chile and the larger centennial one that is likely to happen in 2016 in the US; and of course, the Olympics in Rio.

I think as it is though, Brazil currently has a very good base for 2018 and most of the key players will still be there - exceptions being goalie and forward.

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Considering that Tite is holding out till after the WC, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets the nod. I would be shocked if we hired our first foreign coach. I'm actually not sure how well it would work. Mano already proved that the players must respect the coach to play well and I only see that with Pep and Mou.

7. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Is Zico still coaching these days?

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He had been coaching in the Middle East but he's currently unemployed.

9. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is anyone up for giving Vanderlei Luxemburgo an 2nd chance??

10. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    i think he'd be good to clean by bathroom lol. can't stand the guy.

11. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    i think the wave of the future in coaching, much like in some of the leagues we see here in the US -- NBA, for instance. young coaches who have recently retired. yeah, there will be some growing pains, but the players will respect guys who were only on the field a few years ago.

mourinho is kind of an anomaly especially in soccer. he's just that rare coach.

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd argue that being a soccer manager is much more difficult than coaching in the NBA. I think the CBF needs to do more in helping prepare future coaches. Antonio Carlos aka Zago coached and failed miserably in Brazil. He went to Italy just take a rigorous course of study in coaching and he commented on how much more prepared he is due to it.

I just don't see ex-players transitioning smoothly into a coaching role after their playing days like what happens in the NBA, to an extent. They need more preparation (and better prep).

13. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Retired players turning coach almost immediately after playing need some years of experience before they should be considered. It works for club environment but the international scene aren't as patient.

I don't mind hiring a retired player as long as his staff is very experience. If tactics is his weakness, then the main assistant should be great at that.

14. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I say this only in the context of Brazilian coaches taking the courses and gaining experience abroad. Like what has happened with Leonardo and Roberto Carlos.

And we've seen it with many European coaches -- Pep, Simeone, players from France 98 team; Germany 90 and 94.

Even the NBA players often start out as assistants and many have made a good transition.

I honestly think that Roberto Carlos will most definitely coach Brazil at some point, although my guess would be during the 2018-2022 campaign. He's doing a decent job in Turkey right now.

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    CBF hates Zico and vice versa, this would never happen.

16. Jiripoca

Jiripoca Member

Jul 16, 2013
    London - Sao Paulo - Peruibe
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    and let`s not forget Zico was not a winner, he was a failure in critical times: missed a penalty v France in `86 which would have made it 2-0 and game over; lost in the team of 1982. The boy talks too much and is a loser.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Zico, Falcao, Socrates, Cerezo, all losers. Right ... :rolleyes:

Para de falar merda.

18. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What about Oswaldo de Oliveira? His name has been mentioned for years, but he's never been given the opportunity

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No. He has been struggling at Santos. There really are only two qualified names at the moment -- Tite and Cuca. Tite plays a very European style (counter attack) and Cuca is attack minded, but he is a pushover and I'm not sure if he can handle the big names the Selecao has. In other words, he's a very good tactician and a below average man manager. There's also Muricy, who has slightly fallen out of favor simply because he hasn't won anything recently and not many people are fans of his pragmatic style. I also can't imagine the CBF are still happy about him turning down the job a few years ago.

20. PMLF

PMLF Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Rio de Janeiro, Bra
    Tite pretty much the only logical choice.

As for friendlies, an Ukrainian guy told me Ukraine are negotiating to play with Brazil in Kiev later on this year. Nothing confirmed or anything yet though.

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Hopefully Bernard can sneak back to Brazil on their plane after the game :D

leonidas repped this.
  22. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brazil vs Panama tomorrow!! I'm predicting a 3-1 win....Hulk, Oscar and Marcelo will score

23. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    TS, Paulinho, and Fernandinho not traveling.

This is Hernanes chance to show what he can do

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Paulinho AND Fernandinho out will really change the way the look of the midfield. Hernanes for me cannot fit that position effectively as he is not nearly as good at defending as Paulinho nor Fernandinho. Although he may provide something more offensively.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If anything, it tells you how Felipao views Ramires. I don't think Hernanes has played that deep since being at SPFC or early on at Lazio.