Bravo again - Nice encore

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by Sanguine, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    As long as it remains this one-sided, I'm OK with it.

2. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United

Yeah, like I said, being on the correct side of a one sided rivalry is nice, but it doesn't make for a real "rivalry". I'm not saying I want to see riots in the parking lot, but last night was pathetic for a first round playoff match between two "bitter rivals".

3. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    Problem wasn't that he was cursing in front of kids. He was screaming/cursing AT kids. Not even teenagers. At an old man with his grandaughter. Pretty much everyone he passed on his way back to your section. He was about medium height, white United Jersey, #12, said Barra Brava as the name. He was actively looking for a fight.

4. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    And by the way, that's the spirit! :)

5. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    We'll make up for it by having 20K on Saturday...

6. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Medium height, #12, Barra Brava shirt, wow, that narrows it down to pretty much 75% of the DC supporters there.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, and I'm not saying it's ok. But let's not pretend that Metro fans are saints. I could point out plenty of examples of Metro fans behaving "badly", but I won't because I don't really care, that and at least there were a few of them there that actually seemed to care about the game.

7. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I think that might have been the guy who was taking pictures by the ESC, but was then chased away by some people. Whether he just wanted to take pictures, or had motiffs like some other wankers did, I dunno...

8. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we know that there weren't any New Yorkers who were staying home to watch the Red Sox play in the first game of the World Series...:D

Maybe they're so shell shocked by having one of their teams loose a 3 game advantage in a best of five series that they, knowing how bad the Scum are, couldn't take another defeat...Guess that will free up next Saturday for them too.

How satisfying. Using my 2000th post to trash both the Evil Empire and the Scum. A twofer.

9. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    I'm sure there are some of us who are dic%s, i just didn't see them. If I had, i'd have screamed at them too, and tried to get security to kick their asses out. As for the caring comment, there were plenty of folk there from both sides who "cared" without being complete asshats.

10. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    Yeah Susan and I were with you when that happened. The kid kept yelling Fvcking DC White trash. I looked at the dad and said "you just let your kid talk like that?" He said "you are cheaters, he knows that" What an idiot. I just said "bitter losers" but the kid and his dad kept following us calling us fvcking DC white trash. Great parenting skills there.

11. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Since I didn't get to meet any ESC guess we'll have 2 sets of pictures across the field :)

Blame players too. Players have ability to demand things from their suits, if they dislike atmosphere then do what you can to help. MFO are obviously uneducated tools that grew up with baseball crowd definition of support (that is not a problem as a lot of people in US have, but if you are in soccer business then you have an obligation to see how things are done supporter wise outside your backwater and what works).

On their part ESC should be sitting quietly first 30 minutes of every game, with no banners except one demanding respect/dialogue/support from MFO. Then 30 minute and up you flip banners, get as loud as possible and try to make a difference. Once you have MFO on your side you take on NJSEA yellow jacket turds. I'm assuming that every time ESC went to MFO in last 9 years they got told to fvck off :p If MFO thinks that atmosphere last night was conductive to good result for Metros then they need to get their heads out of their a$$es.

And NYR Metros for gods sake English stoped being cool in 80s, you got 20+ other nations with better club support to look at :p

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I think I missed this reference ???

13. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    you just love English scene! :D

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Ahhh ok. Up the Toon Army. :)

15. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I just turned the tape on from last night, and man were we loud up there!

16. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Yes we were! :)
    Now that the away match is over I can't wait to get the Scum at our house and end there season. :D

17. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    The funniest part of the broadcast was when Johnson mentioned that he reconized one fan who had his shirt off last game but because of the weather he was wearing on tonight.

Our very own Red & Black is famous. :)

Ryan's comments were incredible. For him to say it felt like a home game is a credit to all of the supporters.

18. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I'm watching the FSW version. I want to get a copy of the CSN version. Anyone got a copy?

19. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ditto that, have the FSW version, would like a copy of the CSN version :)

20. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I'm making one for Scruggs, I'm gonna charge you all $50 a tape and then make next banner from it :D

I'll see what I can do by next Sat ;)

21. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Yes it was even funnier when Duffman called to tell me this on the phone.

I told R&B about it as he got off the bus, and he just rolled his eyes and shook his head :D

22. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I have a CSN copy. I'll bring it to the Barra tailgate on Saturday!

23. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

McOwen for president!!!!

24. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    See, you shouldnt have posted that. Now Im gonna have to mug you to get that tape ;)

25. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Does anyone have a portable TV/VCR? It would be fun to watch (listen) to the game again.

NattyBo you disprove that old adage of "starving college student!" :D