Bravo again - Nice encore

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by Sanguine, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Fantastic guys! As an Upstate NY fan of DC United I am forced to watch the MSG broadcast. The announcers always comment on the great DC United cheering section. There's that little hint of sadness and jealousy in their voices. So sad. Pitiful little Metros. I'll give the MSG broadcasters credit for one thing. They mentioned the Earnie possible offside call once, and then let it go.

It's time to set up a New York DC United Fan Club I'd say. Since my Syracuse A-league team is probably folding, I'll have my Saturdays free for trips to the Meadowlands. Hope to see you guys there next year.

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Get your facts straight skippy, It was cold last night, The ESC were embarrased in your own dump (read the MetroScum board for verification), our security can kick your securities ass, we have plenty of class and you're a douchebag.

3. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Not to mention that the fan that got roughed up went home with the SE's that night.

--Ohhhhhhh New Jersey is soooo scary :rolleyes:

Reading the pvssies whining (aka Jamison) in the Metros folder about DC United fans cursing around children ( :eek: ) and displaying thuggish behavior was the highlight of my evening.

Funny how those fvckwits never seem to remember that:

It was THEIR FANS that ran down to taunt La Norte in their super famous RFK "incident."

It was THEIR FANS that humorously followed SE's and Barras around in the parking lot last night LOOKING to start $hit. (And they were lucky enough to find ONE SE that was drunk enough/silly enough to fart around with them and then get smacked by CSC...)

It was THEIR "supporters club" who at best EQUALED our ROAD TRIP.

And most important of all...

It was THEIR "FANS" that couldnt even BOTHER TO SHOW UP FOR A FVCKING PLAYOFF GAME!!!

11,151 fans for a Saturday night OPENING playoff game???

Please, Get the fvck out of our thread. :D

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Is that really a bragging point ??

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I think the playoff attendance problem is more of a league wide issue.

5k in Boston
    8k in Denver
    11k in Metroland

NONE of these numbers are any good for a playoff game.

6. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Still doesnt explain how our roadtrip outnumbered your home supporters group..

7. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    You Metro "fans" crack me up. Your team can't do anything on the pitch so you have to find anything you can to whine about or to try to give us sh!t for.

I think my favorite part of the evening (aside from the DC victory of course) was the guy in the parking lot after the game who randomly came running up to us yelling "DC SUCKS!!" Ok buddy, whatever you say, just keep in mind that if that's true it means your team has been beaten 4 out of 5 times, twice at home by a team that sucks, where's that leave you? :D

8. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ahaha, I remember that.

Good times.

9. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Whatever makes you feel better man :D

All jokes aside numbers like 11,000 in New Jersey last night (and the numbers you posted) scare the hell out of me. Its a sad state of affairs for 'MLS and ann even sadder statement to how poorly the front offices of these teams are marketing themselves. (read MPF :D)

Of course if we had to deal with security a-holes like you had in Jersey every home game we would probably have similar numbers. What a bunch of Nazis.

Trying to confiscate a guys camera for taking pictures? Not allowing small camera bags into the stadium and then cursing at you for asking why they it in purses in then? I read about the "yellow jackets" acosting the 12 year old "cup thrower" as well... Good God.

--DC United will easily have 15,000 or over for Saturday and that would be a LOW turnout for a playoff game.

I think also send Lenny Lambert (CSC head in DC) a Christmas card after seeing New Jersey.

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004

Not trying to give you sh!t. Just saying that playoff attendance everywhere sucked last night. As for the ESC.... well...... I think because so many of us wore red, some of us actually began blending into the red seats. :)

11. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I think it was a joke ;)

Your security is bit hopped up on caffeine or something hehe

12. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Um, there were other sporting events much more meaningful in New England last night, so I'll give them a pass. As for Denver, it wasn't July 4th, so no one cares.

There's no excuse for 11,161.

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    In the early years, CSC started off by cracking our home supporters skulls. Now they have graduated to cracking the aways supporters skulls. Yea..... Nazis....

14. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Not really, but I'd pay to see it :D

15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Could you describe these fellows a bit?

16. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was walking back with Nick and I was kind of inebriated so I dont really remember. He was wearing one of those MPF hats, and when he saw us walking he was like 'DC Sucks', and just kept walking. No biggie, as we were ragging on Jersey pretty hard amongst ourselves on the way out. We won on the only board that matters, anyway.

17. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm wasn't refering to you. I was refering to the "someone cussed in front of a kid" crowd. I'm not saying it didn't happen, in fact I would be amazed if it didn't, but I'm sure a couple Metros fans probably did some cussing in front of kids also.

As far as attendance goes, I know it sucked everywhere, and that is really sad. Not to make excuses for pathetic fan support, but I don't think New England or Colorado are expecting to win their first legs so I think a lot of fans kind of gave up. New York on the other hand, until last night, had a really good chance of pulling it off, would have been nice to see some fans who believed in their team.

I was telling my buddy last night, if I was a Metros player, I would be slightly less than pleased with the "fans". There is no reason why a team should have to play in a hostile, away atmosphere on their own pitch.

18. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    NYR Metro, afraid we got a picture of you? ;)

--I can take a Jamison like guess (with fake indignation :D) they were somewhere between 18-23. They wore stupid little red hats, metro shirts and spoke with pronounced Joisey accents when they cleverly called us "fagg0ts" :D

19. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United

Looked like your average Metro fan, wearing his goofy plastic hat and red and black jersey. No big deal at all really, I have to admire any fan who leaves the stadium after a home thumping and still supports their team, but man, think about what your saying! :D

20. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Too many jaded people amongst our ranks. 9 years of frustration (half MFO/NJSEA and half on field play) will do that to ya. Seriously... the MFO lost any chance of a large fanbase with the crap that happened in the first and 2nd year of operations.

21. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Just checking :)

He's usually pretty good with those

ok no-one I know. I don;t associate with people who wear MPF derby heats. :)

22. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I think it might also have had something to do with this hat :D

[​IMG]

23. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    They probably learned it from the kids....

David, Mike Lastort's wife (Jan) and I were walking through the parking lot returning to the bus when a man with two young boys (the oldest one couldn't have been more than 8 or 9, the other a couple of years younger) walked past us and the boys, right there with their father, yelled "Fvck you DC!" at us. And there were countless other kids and adults walking in the area at the time. Rather than the man reprimanding his sons, he also started screaming at us.
    For the few fans (metros have left) that have the audacity to call DCU fans classless, I think they should go back and clean their own house first.....

Oh wait!! They don't have one anymore....

Our house, in the middle of Jersey!! :eek: :D

Vicky

24. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United

As glad as I am that this is happening for the sake of DC having a home away from home in NJ, that's not supposed to be the way a rivalry works. DC is supposed to go up there and play 90 minutes in the worst conditions imaginable. There should be banners mocking them, fans questioning the moral fiber of their mothers, eardrum shattering noice, etc, etc, etc.

I'm afraid we are starting to see the death of a true rivalry here. :(

25. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Ehhh... just wait a few years till Harrison is built. But untill then.... go to hell. :)