Braunschweig at Union Berlin (R)- Coiner, 11/12

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by jri, Nov 13, 2004.

1. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    A shout out to our thread favorite Ryan on this one....

0-0 at the half as Ryan and die Kerle aus Berlin host the top table team in league...

C'mon Ryan.....2nd half game winner on the docket for you, and then free East German Bier/chicks/back-slaps for ya'......GO Coiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiner......

2. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And in a driving sleet, can't be too much fun out there.

3. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    :D

Well, at least Coiner scored, so i guess everyone can be happy now ;).

4. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
    Crap...Ryan ties it at 1-1, but Braun. responds......1-2 with only a few minutes left...

5. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    This time Eintracht got a goal called back, btw. This seems to become some kind of running gag in Union games this season ;).

6. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Way to go Ryan! (HFY!)

Just keep scoring and people will have to notice. The one forward who is responsible for all goals created for one of the lowest performing teams will get some bigger teams looking.

Taylor

7. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It looks like Ryan headed a ball in the 70th minute. I wonder if the new coach has finally started to use Ryan's air power...?

Mschofeld, did you go to the game?

8. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    He nodded the ball into the empty goal. At least i think so, but i have a terrible short time memory...

9. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Meaning you were drunk at the game and forgot, or you also read it somewhere?

10. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Haha, no. I saw it on TV. And when i say my shorttime memory is bad, i actually mean it that way :D.

11. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ryan now tied in 9th spot for goals scored in the North division. He needs another six to tie the leader currently and another four to tie for second.

12. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    I checked bios of some of the guys who are above him: several 18-20 year old Turks who are probably a year or two away from the Bundesliga.

IMO, Ryan should be able to get something going with a BL2 club after this season. He's still very young in terms of Euro experience and should have plenty of room to improve.

13. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, don't forget that there is also a complimentary effect when scoring goals. I.E. if you have a good team, it is a lot easier to score goals, so Ryan's should be weighted more than the others. It would really be interesting to see a distributional graph on the relationship of goal scorers to team ranking over time... uh sorry I digress.

What also makes it interesting is how teams recruit. If, for example, they primarily recruit through watching games, then Ryan has scored 16. (I count the five which were taken away, because the recruiter whitnessed the goal and is much more understanding/forgiving of poor officiating.) Now if teams only recruit on looking at, for example, the winter break's goal tally and seeing the top three scorers+age+price to look at, then it will be harder for Ryan.

Also, and I am kind of serious because it is quite feasible, is what if we were to get JCE a trial for Union????

14. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Man, I'm such a wimp. No. :eek: Many regrets.
    Actually, I was in Paris until the morning and forgot about the game until I noticed jri's post, which prompted me to look out the window and note the driving sleet.
    one of the next couple, i have to make.

15. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Haha, I just saw an interview with Ryan, his wife (the cheerleader) and his dog on TV (ok, they didn't ask the dog anything ;)). At least i saw his goal again: Ok, after a corner kick some Union player's shot hits the post, the ball somehow bounces back into the box, Coiner is held by a defender and while falling he nodds the ball into the empty goal.

16. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    I am sure they scout methodically and not off a paper or a stat sheet.

This means that a complied dossier would account for a player's every strength and weakness, as well as his achievements on the field of play.