Brasileirão 2022 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by celito, Apr 3, 2022.

?

Quem leva ?

1. Atlético-MG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Flamengo

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Palmeiras

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sure, winning was good, but I only got 1.7 points total from 3 Palmeiras players on my cartola team. Thought I was going to hit a season high with Pedro captaining my team, and your defense really let me down...

... but that's about all the Brasileirão is good for at this point, title is yours. Enjoy!

9 matches to go, teams below you will inevitably take points from each other, starting with the Fla x Inter match you mentioned, but also Flu x Cor late October, Fla x Cor early November and other tough matches.

I shouldn't complain too much though since I voted for Palmeiras in this very thread's poll.

2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So Endrick got his first minutes with the senior team today. Came on with 22 minutes left in the match and Palmeiras up 3x0. Today was his third match available for the senior side if I'm not mistaken, and good for Palmeiras for bringing him in slowly and giving him experience.

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ombak repped this.
  4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Had a couple of decent touches and had a couple of chances to score. 2nd one should have passed for an easy assist but kid wanted to score on his day view badly.

He is obviously good for his age, but I haven't actually decided how good he is going to be in the future.

5. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like Endrick played a really solid 10 or so minutes today coming on as a sub for the third time (if I'm not mistaken).

Palmeiras were up 2x0 and he had some well-saved shots and then in the last minute he got his first career assist, setting up fellow youth product Vanderlan. (Well, Endrick is 16 and Vanderlan is 20).

I hope the highlights packages include all his chances. Palmeiras now 11 points ahead of second with 6 matches for Inter left to play.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep 2 good shots on target that forced good saves from the GK. One of them making a nice turn on top of the box.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Inter drew with Coritiba. 2 more wins and we got this !

Abel will have won every major title available to him in a couple of years. Truly impressive. Many coaches would leave but I think he stays unless the Portuguese NT job is available to him or a pretty big opportunity. At the last post match press conf. he was talking about transfer policy for next year. He moved his family to Brazil this year and I just don't think he wants a move yet.

Assuming Flamengo win the Libertadores, both teams will an identical title count since 2018.

- 2 Brasileiros
    - 2 Libertadores
    - 1 Copa do Brasil

I really wish we wouldn't have lost in the SF. The final would have been lit.

BTW ... congrats on CdB title. @Ombak @Mengão86 @IVO ! It was a good final game which is a bit unusual.

Ombak repped this.
  8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Endrick with 2 goals today as a sub coming in at HT. One from a slide and another from a header.

1 more win. But if Inter and Corinthians lose tomorrow, then we'll win the title before the weekend.

Ombak repped this.
  9. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    One win to go for Palmeiras. If Inter and Corinthians don't win their games this round, Palmeiras will be champions before the weekend,

Endrick came in today and changed the game, scoring the second. He apparently was also credited with the first goal, which he and Scarpa both swung at. Either way, he created the first with his pressure and scored the second, becoming the youngest goalscorer for Palmeiras ever, and basically helping them clinch the championship.

manimal and celito repped this.
  10. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018
    ENDRICK.... I love this kid.... For me he's a mix between Adriano and R9..... I hope he continues to work hard and stays injury free

11. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Palmeiras were 1 Ceará goal away from winning the title tonight. They can wrap it up at home on Wednesday against Fortaleza. Not an easy match, but definitely winnable. Inter plays at the same time, so they'll know either way if they have to wait another round.

With Libertadores scheduled for this weekend, there is no regular round of Brasileirão, just one postponed match being played.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Eh Campeao !!! Hendecacampeao !!! :ROFLMAO:

[​IMG]

The negative side of pontos corridos ... winning the title off the field. A bit brochante, but well deserved. Didn't think this team could win the league.

@V_Park @leonidas

Ombak and V_Park repped this.
  13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I called it! That vote for Palmeiras in the poll was mine. What do I win?

Congratulations. Palmeiras and Flamengo should be the only two fighting for this title consistently for a while unless things change, but as we know Brazil is far too unpredictable to be sure of that.

Looks like today might be the last match for Flamengo players going to the World Cup, maybe the same for Weverton and some of the big names on Palmeiras? Time for Endrick to get extra minutes.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I forgot to vote ! :ROFLMAO:

You win the right to open the 2023 thread !

15. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'll take it. If I remember!

Endrick has his first assist and goal already and tonight he gets his first start.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Capped off the title in style with a 4 x 0 win. Dudu had a great game.

Endrick played over 70 mins, scored a tap in goal, but unfortunately didn't see much of the ball. Not his fault though. Hopefully we can see a bit more of him in the final games.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Atlético lost to Botafogo yesterday and are in danger of not qualifying for next year's Libertadores. A really disastrous year for them.

On Saturday Vasco clinched the last promotion spot to return to Serie A (O Respeito voltou ! ).

Cruzeiro had clinched top spot a good while ago and Grêmio + Bahia clinched the other 2 spots.

With no Clube dos 13 teams in danger of relegation, all of the "big" teams will be in Serie A next season.

Ombak repped this.
  18. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Shockingly bad campaign by Atl-MG for a club that was considered a favorite to win one of the three big tournaments before the season began.

I am going to be very interested in following Ronaldo's Cruzeiro in Serie A. I still have his 1993 Cruzeiro jersey, he is only a few months older than me and has always been my favorite player. He is impressing as a dirigente too.

EDIT: I watched the globo play documentary about Ronaldo and highly recommend it if you can see it. It's about his 1998 seizure, his injuries and recovery, ending with winning in 2002. However it has been taken down from youtube (copyright) so check if you can find it in your location:

https://ge.globo.com/futebol/futebo...umentario-com-dramas-e-glorias-do-idolo.ghtml

celito repped this.
  19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was able to catch the documentary as well. It's a nice watch but if you already know his story and have gone through interviews and other docs about R9 on YT and etc ... there really isn't anything new. Maybe the only thing I learned (and I might have already heard this) is that his 98 incident lasted more than 3 mins. I kind wish these docs would reveal some additional things for us more avid fans. But I guess there are generations now that are not familiar with his whole story and some details.

Ombak repped this.