Brasileirão 2022 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by celito, Apr 3, 2022.

?

Quem leva ?

1. Atlético-MG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Flamengo

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Palmeiras

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As I just wrote this ... Pedro with a beautiful puxeta goal.

2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm just about ready to make my prediction for the convocação!

Fluminense made it through after going down 2x0 and Corinthians are up 4x0, which will qualify them if it continues. (EDIT: Corinthians scored again, Yuri Alberto scored a hat-trick, his first 3 goals for Corinthians).

No Palmeiras or Atlético MG but we could have 2 RJ x SP semi-finals instead which is really good for the Copa do Brasil ratings and hype.

celito repped this.
  3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fla x Flu final is still my prediction. Flu was on the ropes today. I don't know how VAR could tell that PK was inside the box. Maybe they had another angle. Definitely another controversial call.

In the Corinthians game Fagner does this and somehow gets away with it ...

Ombak repped this.
  4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wouldn't say he "acertou uma cotevelada" but he certainly took a swing and should have been reprimanded for it. If Fagner is the 5th RB on Tite's preliminary list is going to make people nervous. LOL.

The still picture of the PK for Fluminense that I saw on reddit suggests to me the knee made contact right at the limit of the line (and on the line is still in the box), but OTOH the second goal looked offside. I definitely have to watch the videos for a better call.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Flamengo sweated a little bit in the final 15 mins or so but get through.

Instead of thinking about Abel, Jorginho should have concentrated on not coughing up a 2 x 0 lead vs Corinthians.

Ombak repped this.
  6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Angle probably makes it look worse than it was (Fagner). Still could have connected an elbow there. Probably lucky he didn't

7. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #57 Ombak, Aug 17, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    Jorginho certainly not endearing himself to his own fans now (every time he criticises Abel he seems o put Atl.-GO down with a backhanded compliment). He needs to stop digging these holes. Just stop talking about Abel.

Watching the Flamengo highlights, Pedro's play to set Gabigol up (he hit the post when it was easier to score) is my favorite play, even more than the goal (2mins 28s into this video):

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ombak repped this.
  9. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am surprised. Even more so with the partial result...

But now I see your big brain play to invite me here to jinx it all!

Seriously though. 45 mins to go. Regardless of what happens Dorival is going to get praise for taking the lead against Palmeiras with the weekend lineup instead of playing all the big names.

10. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, congratulations on Palmeiras for winning the title. Taking the lead and threatening with our "weekend warriors" was quite good, but with the draw Palmeiras are 8 points ahead of Flu for 2nd and remain 9 points ahead of Flamengo, with 15 matches to go.

Without Copa do Brasil semis to play Palmeiras will get a nice long week now to prep for the match at Fluminense before the midweek Libertadores game.

Who knows if it would have prevented the goal, but the feeling is Dorival should have brought on his first subs a little earlier.

What a weekend of soccer.

Oh, and now some tempers flaring at the end of the match, but nothing comes of it.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Playing the B team made sense. Throw the responsibility to us and save yourself for CdB SF midweek. The prize money for CdB is too big to ignore (and honestly I think the disparity is a bit absurd).

It almost worked. Losing to your B team would have been demoralizing and Abel would have to do some psychological work to make sure the team didn't lose confidence.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nope. Not taking that bait. :ROFLMAO:

A lot of work still to do. I want a win vs Flu next weekend.

Ombak repped this.
  13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I just checked my cartola team and realized I had Pedro and de Arrascaeta on my team cause I was convinced we had to line up the starters today.

It's going to be a painful week points wise.

14. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good Copa do Brasil matches today. 4 goals in each.

Fluminense twice gave up a lead, Corinthians getting the 2x2 tie in the last minute of regular time. Corinthians will be slight favorites at home for the return, but that is one of the most unpredictable, anything can happen matchups of the season.

Meanwhile São Paulo played well after going down 1x0 to Flamengo but gave up a goal to go down 2x0. At that point it looked over, but they got one back. 2x1 at the Maracanã would make Flamengo favorites but nervous. Cebolinha scored a goal in injury time though to make it 3x1 and I don't think anyone will be betting against Flamengo at home.

celito repped this.
  15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thank you guys for the slip up yesterday . I thought the gap was already down to 5 .

surprised Dorival used so many subs . He could field a B team vs Velez and get through easily midweek . Maybe he was worried about injuries.

Ombak repped this.
  16. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Awful match by Flamengo. Everyone is complaining we didn't use the starters, but I feel like Pulgar and Varela were just not in sync and using the normal reserves in those spots would have helped with a better start. Those two should have been subs.

Also can't believe the amount of people "passando pano" for Gabigol's 2 yellow cards. The ref sent Jô off for swearing at him directly, it's a miracle Gabigol wasn't carded faster.

13 matches to go is a lot, but what a wasted opportunity by Flamengo. (And by my cartola team, RIP).

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The red cards both had bizarre incidents. Obviously Jo said something bad but he was right .... Vidal's arm ball was blatant and a big miss from the ref.

In Gabigol's red, the ref actually looks like he tries to shield the Ceara player from obstructing Gabigol from taking the FK. Not sure it was his intention but he got in the way there. Looked completely clumsy.

Ombak repped this.
  18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Luxa's power point slide in the same event ....

He truly can't let go ... (special note on the 5th item)

[​IMG]

20. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Flamengo's Brasileirão streak with the back-ups is well and truly over after almost losing to Goiás tonight. Unlike last week though, neither Pedro nor Gabi were available, so I don't expect as much whining about not playing starters. There were no goals to be had from the front two. Cebolinha and Marinho have been dire.

I imagine the Fla x Flu next week will be full strength. Both teams are tied for third, 9 points behind Palmeiras. Inter is now second, 8 points behind.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I definitely feel more secure right now. Although we struggled a bit to beat last place Juventude yesterday. We are 10 wins away right now.

22. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Palmeiras won today to maintain the 9 point gap between them and second place Fluminense, who beat Flamengo today. Inter has a chance to take second tomorrow and the next games will be in 10 days, after the international break, but before most players return, which will make Flamengo's task at Fortaleza extra difficult.

Fluminense definitely has our number lately and it was another case of not converting chances and getting hit on the counter, even if the first goal came from a very subjective PK.

23. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Palmeiras now 7 points ahead of second place as Fluminense lost today, Atlético MG finally winning again. Inter move into second but Palmeiras can make it 10 points on Monday as they have yet to play this round.

Flamengo won today, but that puts them 12 behind. But on a positive note... Pedro was my cartola captain this weekend!!!

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I saw the highlights of the Palmeiras x Atletico game and Atletico missed so many chances. They truly have a mental block vs us. Amazing luck to get the 3 points. Specially with all the injuries we have right now.

Ombak repped this.
  25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We beat Botafogo away 3 x 1 after going down 1 x 0.

9 points in 3 dicey games with suspensions and injuries. I didn't think we'd get all points. Big wins towards the title.

10 point lead now over Inter now ... 4 games. Inter have Flamengo away up next. Don't believe Flamengo would go easy vs Inter so the lead could increase in the next round.