Brasileirão 2018

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by AcesHigh, Apr 15, 2018.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    É Deyvershooooooooow !!!!

V_Park repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    É Deca !!!!

Constrói uma estátua do Felipão na Turiassu !!! E fora Felipão !!!

V_Park repped this.
  3. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  4. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    2018 the year of the Authoritarian personality. ESPN Brasil on suicide watch.

5. V_Park

V_Park Member

Dec 20, 2004
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Decacampeão!

celito repped this.
  6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    China, Arabia Saudita podem vir ... e levem o Borja por favor.

E contratem um atacante de peso ... em caso o Deyvershow se machuque :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like Carille is coming back. Dude goes to Saudi Arabia to make truck loads of money then complains about lack of infrastructure ... :rolleyes:

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Willian out for 6-9 months on that play that lead to the goal. Damn.

9. V_Park

V_Park Member

Dec 20, 2004
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    time to test Yan, Luan Candido

10. TL2C24

TL2C24 New Member

Dec 3, 2014
    Congrats to Palmeiras, literally unbeatable down the stretch. As an outsider can someone explain to me how is it again that palmeiras get credit 2 championships in the same year? Looked through Wikipedia and one of those competitions seemed to be against no-name teams.

Just seems weird to me given that the CBF won't give any credit to Flamengo for the 1987 championship against all the big clubs...

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's a long explanation. But basically back in the day, before 71, there were 2 national competitions. One the "Taça do Brasil" and the "Torneio Roberto Gomes Pedrosa". The first one comprised of all the state champions and dates back to 1959. The 2nd one started in 67 and ran through 70 and was an extension of the Rio-Sao Paulo tournament adding teams from Minas Gerais and Rio Grande do Sul. It's the real precursor to the Brazilian League.

Before 2010 only titles after 1971 were considered National titles. But in 2010, CBF did a study and determined those titles in the 60s qualified as National titles. Reason being, back then Taca do Brasil champs were viewed as Brazilian champions. It was also the method in which the Libertadores participant was chosen.

The Roberto Gomes Pedrosa was considered because basically it basically grouped all the top teams in Brazil back then and was the precursor to the National league created in 1971. Palmeiras just ended up winning both titles in one of those years.

There are other similar cases of 2 champs in 1 year. Like FIFA saying Corinthians and Boca are world champs in 2000. Argentine league also used to have, up until recently, Clausura and Apertura titles which were 2 identical competitions that ran on the same year (one after the other) and both titles are considered as national titles.

1987 is a different scenario and there were a lot of politics involved in it as the Brazilian championship has gone through a lot of different formats that changed basically every year until 2003. But basically there were 2 divisions in 1987. CBF was broke and said they wouldn't be doing a National championship that year. So the top teams in Brazil united to create a championship and signed agreements with TV for the rights. CBF did 180 and created another championship with the remaining teams who felt disenfranchised and CBF wanted the title to be decided between the winners of each division. It was basically 1st division vs 2nd. The 1st div teams didn't agree, but Vasco's club president, on authority, apparently did a 180 on the teams and signed the agreement. Flamengo never played Sport in the final so Sport was declare champions.

12. V_Park

V_Park Member

Dec 20, 2004
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  14. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well ... I’d say they’ve gotten their act together in the past 2 or 3 years.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not much has been mentioned about the reason Carille and now Rodriguinho are trying to come back from Saudi Arabia. They've been there for barely 6 months. I wonder if the Khashoggi murder has anything to do with it.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thought Rodriguinho was in Egypt along with Keno, ex-Palmeiras.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ooops ... thought he had gone with Carille :ROFLMAO:

19. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rio is doomed. I'm willing to bet anything that the big 4 there are getting nowhere in terms of Brasileirao/Libertadores titles.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Flamengo is in decent shape. I don't see why they don't have a shot at least at the Brasileirão. The rest are garbage right now and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Fluminense, much like Palmeiras during the Parmalat years, didn't take advantage of the sponsor money from UNIMED to build something sustainable when they left. I figure Crefisa will leave at some point even though Leila says she wants to sponsor the team forever. That's not gonna happen. Specially if she doesn't get elected 3 years from now. But at least I think the club have structured themselves well for the future when that happens. Yes it would hurt, but not like the Parmalat leaving effect.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    BTW ... just an update on the box I've been using to watch games. It has been working fairly well so far. A few times it has gone off air and the channels disappeared and sometimes channels don't come in clean ... image buffers and etc ... But I'd say it works at least 95% of the time up to this point. Cool thing is that it includes all the Premiere channels and Combate TV if you know what I mean.

22. TL2C24

TL2C24 New Member

Dec 3, 2014
    Something like this?
    https://www.amazon.com/Newest-Brazi...&ie=UTF8&qid=1543844728&sr=1-11&keywords=iptv

If so, I've had the older version all year, same experience as you, works well 95% of the time

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil