Brasil x Argentina, 11 de Outubro de 2014 - Super Clássico das Américas

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Sep 17, 2014.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The whole team bullying the ref twice in a friendly game is simply embarrassing. Dunga looking uncontrolled on the sidelines like 2010. I see he hasn't changed much.

Anyways, ugly performance but I guess Dunga still owns the Argies. First 15 mins were horrible, after that we did better in not letting Argentina dominate as much. The few good plays we had came from some counters. WTF is wrong with Neymar in front of the goal ? Embarrassing stuff. I thought Willian did pretty well.

2. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    from the hilights, Fabinho definitely needs to be called again to the main team.

3. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Always good to see you guys beat Argentina

Century's Best and samuel_clemens repped this.
  4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dunga vs Argentina (excluding Olympics)

4 W - 1 D - 0 L
    11 GF, 1 GA

5. Bocatino

Bocatino Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dunga: You farted, you farted I smell it from here, you farted

Tata: who smelt it dealt it boludo

6. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Yep, that's great.
    And see, Argentina, without any title for two decades, blew their chances of winning the WC. Now they have a Messi past his prime (or at least he will be past his prime in the next tournaments), a Di Maria who was unable to score against Brazil after doing well against Germany... and they are up against a Brazilian head coach who knows their number. This doesn't bode well for Argentina and I predict that their title-less stretch will continue. Of course, I love it.

So, yes, people are complaining about some aspects of our performance yesterday, but what *I* take from this match is that our defense continues to post clean sheets and our counter-attacks were lethal. Having these two skills is definitely one of the ways for a team to succeed, and Dunga does have a winning record when coaching the national team. What I see is a team that in spite of not being brilliant, had a relatively easy time beating a full-strength Argentina, and generally played with more poise than Felipão's team, all proportions considered (of course I know it's a friendly and not the World Cup, but still, like I said, friendlies against Argentina are not really friendlies so the performance does qualify to gauge this current version of the Seleção).

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dunga has been fortunate vs Argentina because he has always scored the first goal. Not only that but typically the goals have come early into the first half. That plays right into his tactical plan. But if we go behind against a good team, it's going to expose him just like in 2010 assuming he is really planning to replicate that counter attacking playing style.

Yesterday we only had 39% possession BTW.

tpmazembe repped this.
  8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Here is a song I learned back at home for you ...

O ∆lemão quebra meu galho,
    Vai pra Berlin vai pra casa do caralho !

Brasitusa repped this.
  9. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yesterday was Maradona's 54th birthday and today is Dunga's 51st!!