Bradley to Roma? Or Palermo, maybe?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by delo_pata, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he could be in the rotation but I doubt he's starting. Unless he goes there and becomes the American Cambiasso then he'll be rotated. If Milan are after him I think they'll sign him and another midfielder like Diarra.

2. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, MLSsoccer.com are really pushing that Inter Milan link.

I myself will believe it when I see it (as with all transfer rumors)

3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    This could be huge for USA soccer. Have we ever had a Yank ever starting at one of the supposed premier clubs in europe?

4. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
    I'm sure you know this, Timothy Howard was an on-off starter for Man Utd. Bobby Convey and Marcus Hahnemann started for Reading too.

FirstStar and soccerusa517 repped this.
  5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :laugh:

6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    General Bradley will not be denied! The March on Milan begins! Or Rome, I don't care. March!

7. Beazley17

Beazley17 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    South Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These rumors have me praying he makes a move to Inter. Should be a very exciting tranfser window! Bradley and Dempsey both have great chances to move to big clubs!

8. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It needs to be said depending on the match fixing case both Inter and Roma could be in Europe. Inter in the CL and Roma in the Europa.

9. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I actually forgot about Howard but Reading isn't a major European team...

10. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
    I think it's a joke that carried over from the Dempsey thread where someone said Dempsey should have originally gone to Reading and not Fulham.

11. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as he goes to any Milan team I will be happy. :)

12. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How? I rated him too high, too low?

13. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How interesting would it be for Mikey if he winds up at Inter- he's such a life-long AC Milan fan.

14. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Strange story. One year in and inter want him? Feels like chievo are angling
    For the sale. Good piece of biz on their end.

Lessons learned from villa? Be sure of coach. Know they know your role. Hit the ground running.

15. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can anyone provide a better translation of these quotes from Di Carlo? This is the best I can find...

Acerbi and Bradley seem to be on the foot of departure. "In general I would say that the whole of the Chievo has grown immensely in the second part of the season. As a group, as a game. Then maybe someone was excited more. Acerbi made huge performance in the final as she had done before Cesar. Bradley gave continuity to its tests after a beginning, let us say, normal ... With quality, with personality. If the major teams they have seen and appreciated, and they obviously have done - with the team, together with the team - large lots".

http://www.larena.it/stories/Sport/...l_chievo__pronto_a_stupire_ancora/?refresh_ce

16. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding Bradley suddenly being dropped...I noticed he has played 34 games and 2945 minutes so maybe he has some performance bonuses for 35 games and/or 3000 minutes that they don't want to pay? It seems like they're holding out several other regulars tomorrow too.

17. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um...hate to toot my own horn here, but Jones at Schalke?

18. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Acerbi and Bradley seem to have one foot out the door. "In general I believe that the entire team has grown a lot in the second half of the season. As both a group and as regards the play. Then perhaps some even took it a few notches higher. Acerbi has had fantastic performances recently, as Cesar did earlier. Bradley provided consistency to his game after a start that was, let's say, normal... With quality and personality. If the big teams have noticed them and admired them it's because they have clearly played - together with the team - great games."

McGarnagle repped this.
  19. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Schalke are a big noise in the BL for certain, even if it's as regular chokers, but you wouldn't consider them to be a major European force. Maybe it's because of the relative parity in the BL, which prevents any team other than Bayern from being an ever-present in the Champions League era and the European Cup/UEFA Cup era before that, but the BL doesn't have teams that make people sit up and take notice like even the |Portugese Big 3 do.

20. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offense, but that's kind of naive. Schalke have qualified for the CL in 5 of the last 8 years. They also have the 12th highest wage budget in the world.

Barcelona - $217,014,221
    Madrid - $194,915,932
    Manchester City - $185,093,858
    Munich - $170,231,332
    Chelsea - $169,897,463
    AC Milan - $152,619,219
    Inter - $142,522,871
    ManU -$138,035,567
    Aresenal -$132,002,699
    Liverpool - $130,763,119
    Juventus - $117,399,399
    Schalke - $115,844,040
    Aston Villa -$101,686,591
    Roma - $97,441,501
    Tottenham - $95,236,903
    Dortmund - $89,985,406
    Suttgart - $78,411,126
    Valencia - $76,637,764
    Hamburg - $74,340,947
    Atletico Madrid - $64,388,286

21. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    Schalke has reached the CL quarterfinal, the CL semifinal, the EL quarterfinal and EL semifinal over the last 5 years. What exactly has Roma done in the same span of time - or even before - that makes them better than Schalke.

22. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Nothing much, but I think people are talking about Inter.

23. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    Ah. Sorry. I should have read the posts before I commented on that.

24. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I doubt Bradley will ever start for Inter, so I don't get how that's relevant. No offence to Bradley, but I think Dempsey is the only US field player capable of playing for a a serious CL contender (top 10 team).

It would be great if Bradley went to Roma, but that wouldn't be "new" territory (in terms of prestige) for yanks abroad. We've had players starting at similar (or better) quality clubs.

25. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    No offense taken. As for qualification, Wikipedia makes it 4 in the last 8 years and 5 in total, with one exit at the 3rd qualifying stage and two Group Stage exits. In total, their European record reads one European trophy (the 1997 UEFA Cup), one Semi-Final (CL) and one Quarter Final (CL) and two CL Group Stages.
    You need history, as well as a big wage bill, to be acknowledged as one of Europe's premier clubs.