Bradley to Roma? Or Palermo, maybe?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by delo_pata, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    If you're not British you need to quit your courses at the Brad Friedel public typing school immediately!

adi21 repped this.
  2. WondoSoWonderful

May 3, 2012
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Carrick has been far more than a role player for United.

3. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. I<3F50

I<3F50 Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Never been and still isn't a role player at United. His international career means nothing. England doesn't appreciate players like Carrick. He should be in the discussion right now for a place at the Euros but he's still not even mentioned. The same national team that forced Scholes out wide and wanted nothing to do with him after 04. Carrick would take a light stroll into the USMNT's midfield. How about his club career also? 4 PL medals, and a CL medal. He is and will stay a much better player unless Bradley comes on leaps and bounds in the next few seasons.

I'm not from England also. Just an American fan who feels most people on this board wholly overrate most American players(Holden being compared to Modric is another example) and I want to give my two cents so people don't think all American fans think every American player is some world beater.

I knew this. Is there a point to this statement?

5. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty obvious that you won't be posting on this thread anytime soon.
    http://amplicate.com/hate/michael-carrick

Regardless, before the mods come in and erase all of our analysis on Michael Carrick, what might be your thoughts on Bradley going to Roma?:)

6. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    And that's a hate thread about a successful player at Man Utd. Imagine what those people might say about our boy MB after he got thrown out there for a while. That's what people don't get when they compare players at big clubs to players at small clubs.

7. I<3F50

I<3F50 Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Roma's a good destination. Italy appreciates a player like Bradley(simple passes, extremely disciplined, big engine, etc) and Roma's a club with a lot of history and big aspirations but currently "under the weather". He could end up being a big player in a squad that brings Roma back to relevance in Europe.

This. Michael Bradley isn't even on the map in Europe. There's not going to be hate when no one knows who he is. If he was to go to United he would automatically become a much more polarizing figure then he is now.

deuteronomy repped this.
  8. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, it would seem he had already received his "baptism by fire" here on Big Soccer. Those nepotism threads and some of the others were pretty nasty. Fortunately, he seems to have just gotten stronger. Certainly, it will be exciting to see him move to Roma or a bigger club.

9. tom12

tom12 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    BR, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's hard to believe how long its been since those nepotism threads now. Following Bradley's time at Herenveen was definitely some of my fondest memories from bigsoccer.

10. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Then maybe designate it as the official Bradley rumor thread for summer 2012? With the way these things work in Italy there will be plenty more to come.

11. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Works for me.

12. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    This comes from today's edition of Tuttosport in a section dealing with some of the possible transfer targets of Inter:

[...] However in Italy keep an eye on Michael Bradley, Chievo's American midfielder. AC Milan and Roma have already written his name down in their notebooks and Inter have requested info on him too.

13. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is all due to that performance against Italy, where he was man of the match. Okay it's not solely based on that but you get the point; it had a lasting impact.

On his best day MB could look just as good as Cambiasso and company.

His club form has been a notch down but still very solid with a few glimmerings of the class he showed against Italy.

Also the timing is good for MB. A good chunk of the clubs in the top 6 need some more midfielders.

14. AllNats

AllNats Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Google translation from today's Calciomercato:

Chievo, Bradley: We think Rome and Inter
    13:44 of May 9

All the lighthouse. The flagship of the midfield, one of Chievo this year. The lighthouse is Michael Bradley, Borussia Moenchengladbach midfielder arrived from the U.S. (after the loan at Aston Villa) and become an indispensable pivot. For Di Carlo has been the leader to trust in the middle, Bradley did not disappoint. A season at high levels, 34 appearances and also the joy of goals - the first in Serie A - against Catania. At 24, Bradley knows that it's time the big jump. A Bradley is planning to Rome, from time to hunt for an American desire for the new property. And if Dempsey of Fulham was the first idea (but there is always the Arsenal), Stars and Stripes on the list there's Bradley. Following several times by Inter, active in the market for midfielders, and on good terms with Chievo. But there is also on the American interest in foreign companies. In Germany, like a lot, especially at Werder Bremen, but also in Holland, PSV Eindhoven search for that profile and the median follow Bradley, if he should return to Van Bommel. And Chievo smiles, with a jewel in his hands. Pending the court of the companies to turn into negotiations. For another, the great American dream ...

15. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  16. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Inter would be an interesting situation

17. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sure hope its Inter.

18. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    They do need to retool their squad with younger players and Bradley would be a good start.

19. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exciting times. Inter could be very interesting, as well as Werder Bremen. I think he could have been even more impressive this year at Chievo if he was allowed to go forward more often. Might have another goal or two.

On a side note, this is why our NT youngsters need to play abroad. Work hard every day, impress, then when other teams come calling, you're much more likely to have the option of moving on, or hopefully up in MB's case.

20. mcritelli

mcritelli Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Oh god, I don't know if I can bring myself to support Inter :(

21. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.....

22. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Betcha he ends up at Inter.

23. ignatz brick

ignatz brick Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have any Serie A loyalties so I don't really care where he ends up, but I really just don't want us to get ahead of ourselves and set him up for failure. ("He's going to spend another season at the club where he was considered Player of the Year? I KNEW HE WAS OVERRATED.") Fortunately age is less a problem in this league than it would be elsewhere so he won't face the skepticism other players might if he spent a few more years at a mid-table club.

24. mcritelli

mcritelli Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He has said Milan is his favorite club, and his first live professional match that his dad took him to was Milan at the San Siro. Hopefully he takes the rivalry to heart :p

25. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure he'll turn down an offer from Inter because he liked watching Milan as a kid. :eek::p