Bradley: Sat 2/2 19:30 CET SC Heerenveen - Vitesse

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jan 28, 2008.

1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I appreciate any insider insight.

Just a word of warning..don't talk about other games unless they're a day old. You mentioned the Ajax match. Someone may be planning to watch that match somehow today. Now you've "spoiled" the result.

In this case it's not a big deal. Just thought I'd let you know.

2. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    That's another topic entirely.

Obviously, the Big Soccer crowd for the most part saw Adu as superior to Pato even discarding some of the personal/national bias.

The problem was that Euro scouts saw Pato and Martin Fenin and Diego Capel and obviously Kun Aguero as superior players.

Lo and behold, half a year later and those Euro scouts were right all along.

So, what was the Big Soccer looking at?

The two - since I will defend the position attributable to me - are not mutually exclusive.

Taylor Twellman doesn't create own goals either but, regardless, he is a very successful MLS striker.

'Fean has wings and forwards do the on-the-ball stuff. Mike's specialty is different. This is why it's a team sport.

3. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely no argument from me. It's hard not to say that Bradley's a goal scorer given he's scoring goals. And I'm certainly responsible for saying something like what you've emphasized myself.

4. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey, it worked for mcbride. at this rate, 'dolo will score a hattrick and break cristiano ronaldo's leg in the next world cup.

5. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seriously, your english is fine. you write english better than i write spanish and i took two years of it in college.

don't be shy when speaking or writing a foreign language. the best way to learn it is to use it.

6. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pato? ...Some cats (pun intended) still argue Adu is better than Messi based on that one game 3 years ago...

7. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    FYP

8. owendylan

owendylan Member

May 30, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Cap Bradley now!!!

9. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That'll probably happen.

10. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    According to "some" dutch sources Guus Hiddink will be the new coach of SC Heerenveen...

11. BuffloSoldier

BuffloSoldier BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2000
    Northern NJ
    If true, then wow.

But that isn't true. Can't be. They just don't have the cash to pay him.

12. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now we know the real reason Bradley will be sold--to raise money for Hiddink's salary.:rolleyes:

13. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Recently they sold:
    Alves -> 20m€
    Huntelaar -> 9m€
    Samaras -> 7m€

They do have quite a lot money. But the rumour is based on the fact that Hiddink's wife bought a house near Heerenveen. Heerenveen's manager said he doesn't want to react on any rumours about a new coach.

Ánd it's well-known that Guus Hiddink has a very good relationship with Riemer vd Velde, still a person with much influence in sc Heerenveen. To be honest I also don't think this is true, but it would be the perfect trainer to make the final step to a top-fighter for the dutch league.

14. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    I believe Hiddink extended with Russia through 2,010 at ~ €2M/Y.

15. He can practice his runs against Salcido, who is the Mex defender of PSV. That's why that sly fox Verbeek lets Mike go to play against Mechico:D

16. No cash:confused: 20 million€€ for Alves coming in, the treasurer still hasnot spent the money received for Samaras and Huntelaar, some 17 miilion€€
    If you call that out of cash, than that makes me curious about the content of your wallet.

Last evening I heard a rumour that Verbeek is going to be the new coach for Feyenoord, but Gertjan denied he talked with Feyenoord.

17. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    That's another point in the story. Hiddink wanted to extend his contract till 2010 but still hasn't. His current contract ends next year

18. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think I said that I hate 'dolo, I'm just hoping we can do better.

19. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait? It's not true that he's a known quantity? A good tenacious defender that is generally limited by his lack of height?

Well, then, we're ********ed

20. cbuscat

cbuscat New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Beijing
  21. 60611

60611 Member+

Jan 23, 2007
    Chicago
    Absolutely...superbly produced video with a pleasant song. Anyone know its name?

So very impressed with Heerenveen. They're clicking on all cylinders atm.

22. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
  23. johan derksen

johan derksen BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 14, 2004
    Venlo, Netherlands
  24. 60611

60611 Member+

Jan 23, 2007
    Chicago
    So I'm sitting here watching all the game recap videos from the year (insomniac/day off tomorrow), http://translate.google.com/transla...erenveen.nl/tv/&langpair=nl|en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
    (hyperlink "Klk here for summaries of all 2007-2008 season" on bottom right) and I pretty much can't get enough of Sulejmani. That kid has ridiculous pace and guile for someone who just turned 19. Pranjic, Sibon and MB don't disappoint either. Attack after attack after attack.

jd, why is your team translated from Dutch to English as "tourist?"