Bradley coaching watch

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bshredder, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
  2. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or a head job?!

raza_rebel and Tony in Quakeland repped this.
  3. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    How? Managers don't just pick the club they manage, the club picks them.

4. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    This cracked me up hardcore.

5. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he lived in Egypt for over 2 years then he definitely learned this word... "backsheesh"

6. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    It only took me a few days to learn bookera (sp?). And because of that damn word I was there for months instead of a few weeks.

Deeneaus repped this.
  7. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So.............Hannover has a job open after their canned their manager, Mirko Slomka. Man, I would love, love, love to see Bob in the Bundesliga. I know it probably won't happen but I can certainly dream! Certainly the Mayor of Hannover has some pull, right??? ;) :D. It's preferred Bundesliga managers speak German, from what I understand. Pep was fluent in less than a year. The Mayor could help in the mean time --- just sayin'

8. xyz1000

xyz1000 Member

Jan 8, 2003
    I wonder if he makes the short list. His chance is probably just a bit higher than Cardiff or West Brom because of some connection with Cherundolo, which means instead of very, very slim, it's only very slim. But I understand... one can always dream for Bob. I'd start watching Hannover.

9. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    You know, bob would have been the absolute BEST choice for the hotspuds team.

He brings his 4-4-2 to town, his counter attacking ways, and he brings heart.

The spuds have no heart. No love for themselves. This team more than anything needs someone
    to love them. They ape Arsenal, but have none of the playing style, they look to mancity, but have none of the brashness, they pass like they want to be liverpool, but have no killer instinct. In the end they have no identity.

Bob would bring all that...eventually.

10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Could Bradley have a chance as a temporary manager?

Like he would have to prove himself for a while until they find a more permanent manager or is that position usually 1 they pick from an assistant manager or someone already at the club? I ask because the only way I see him managing a top 5 club is being "interim" or "no.2"

11. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    Why would you do that to Bob.............and us?

That is a poorly constructed team. A frankenstein hodge-podge of mismatched parts.

lmorin repped this.
  12. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    would like to see it

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Be prepared for those terribly high taxes

15. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Obviously it is just my opinion, but I feel pretty confident that if you asked around the league Bob would have no trouble getting a head coaching job in MLS. You are certainly free to feel differently as outside polling the ownership of all the teams, we have no way to know for sure.

But, as to your other points, Smith and Mariner are both English and were going back home, Osario went back to Columbia where he already coached before. And the others are purely speculation. We have yet to have an American MLS coach go abroad and have any success. Obviously it's not impossible, but it is a bit disingenuous to pretend it has happened before or that MLS has shown itself some sort of springboard to the big leagues.

ckl26 repped this.
  16. Fanatical Monk

Fanatical Monk Member+

Jun 14, 2011
    Fantasyland
    I hope he does. Bob kinda knew how to use Freddy. Spot starts here and there....impact sub off the bench. However, Bob might know enough about Freddy's day to day training that might keep him away. Who knows.

17. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States