Bradley Brings 21 Players Back to Carson to Begin Training for Match Against Mexico

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by mcadaal, Jan 24, 2008.

1. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The what now?

He's scored 4 goals in the 4th division. Not exactly what I would call a stellar résumé.
    And I only remember him scoring one goal at Blackburn, an FA Cup match against a Championship side. Not exactly "EPL capable"

Have you actually seen him play, or are you judging players off of youtube again?

2. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    if this guy keeps getting loaned out to a lower and lower division how is he on a hot streak??or being "stellar" i believe something is showing that he is not capable of playing in a certain league imo.

3. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    No sir....I am making an evaluation base on the game he play against Argentina in Copa America ....Very good moves on the left side, decent speed, and overall aggressiveness on the field.

4. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh, Jemal Johnson did not play for the US at Copa America. In fact, he is uncapped.

The only Johnson we had at Copa was Eddie, and he scored vs. Argentina. If someone told you we had another Johnson, they were pulling yours.

By the way, J. Johnson has six for the year, four in the league and two in cups.

5. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    We supposed to be talking about Justin Mapp....

6. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

7. DDCaptain

DDCaptain New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    San Diego

8. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS

9. DDCaptain

DDCaptain New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    San Diego

10. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlights won't show a players negative aspects. Maybe he scored one great goal, but he could have missed five golden chances, had many missed touches, given up possession too often, and been a waste off the ball. Youtube is a terrible way to judge a player.

11. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    guzan

?? parkhurst boca spector

dempsey bradley benny/donovan adu

altidore donovan/johnson

12. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

13. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

14. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good answer to my question :D

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

15. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS

16. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Bob's a smart guy, theres no way he's naive enough for fielding that weak of a lineup when Mexico is bringing in the heavy artillery from overseas. I suspect we do the same.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... Mexico is bringing the heavy artillery from overseas....:rolleyes:So... do you realize that there is no such thing as a friendly between Mexico/USA ...Now...Should we line up a Mary Poppins lineup?

17. kronz21

kronz21 Member

Mar 17, 2006
    cleveland
    i hope altidore and adu are with the u23's but th rest i hope are there against mexico but i dont think were in trouble, although we are lacking a target forward. i hope ej or ching or someother target is on the final roster.

18. Spry

Spry Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I remember Albright being absolutely torched by Guardado in this game.

19. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yeah and I'd say Guardado has definitely improved since being overseas this season. Im not expecting Albright to play in this one

20. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im not defending it, im just posting it to re-enforce how absolutely shocking that was. that was our B team against their A team and we still pulled it. Albright probably being the weakest link against Mexico's strongest link. Good thing ole reliable Conrad was johnny on the spot. I think Sweden was a hiccup, smart money has him starting this thing and doing well.

but assuming we do bring euro boys, who makes the flight:

the no way in hell: EJ, Bocanegra, Dempsey. Bradley is leaving any and all of the following at Craven Cottage, something bigget is at stake now than a Mexico friendly.

If we are bringing euros, the guys who should be coming: Bradley, Cherundolo, Feilhaber, Convey, Spector. Yes, we can spare Timmy the trouble this time and give El Guzan-o the start.

guy whos earned it the most overseas this cycle:
    Bradley on offense, nuff said
    Spector on defense, yes....John Spector was our most consistant defender this cycle. Most consistant central, right, and left back this cycle.

U-23s? i can see two for sure, maybe three, if they are indeed an option. Altidore i would argue is a necessity at this point given whos available. Edu i could see taken. And Bob likes this Sacha Klejstan character, i can see emo kid coming along. He's one of those apples of BB's eye.

best case scenario, field this squad:

---------------------Guzan-----------------------

----------------Conrad---Onyewu-----------------
    Cherundolo--------------------------------Spector

---------------------Bradley----------------------
    Klejstan-------------Feilhaber--------------Convey

----------------Donovan--------------------------
    ---------------------------------Altidore----------

right mid i suppose is open to interpretation. Klejstan; people love him, people hate him. Im still neutral on the subject, maybe leaning slightly in favor. Would like to see more of what he has got.

21. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and i remember still winning 2-0

22. braun

braun Red Card

Feb 22, 2001
    metro Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will find out who the YAs coming over are this weekend, including whether Altidore is called in.

Consider this: Spector is playing 25 minutes on average as a sub, often as a midfielder this season for West Ham. Corrales is in camp and started vs Sweden
    and could start vs Mexico.
    Feilhaber is in limbo. Clark is perfect for the start vs Mexico, except for the chance he might lose his temper and have a "pescado" moment.
    Donovan may increasingly be used at Rmid and may switch position when White comes in as a sub.
    Convey looked bad vs Chelsea the other day after a less-than-stellar post-injury season. Davis is better at set-pieces and is in camp.
    Don't underestimate BB's stubbornness and don't be surprised when Twellman and or Noonan start up front.

23. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still not sold on Kljestan on the right. Put him in the middle and I'm more than ok with him. I don't know if Benny is in the right state of mind to be playing against Mexico (totally conjecturing here), but we all know what happened against them last time. Right mid is still a big problem spot. Don't know how comfortable I am putting White in, and Mapp doesn't have the defense to cover against Mexico

24. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Keep this in mind....I really hope that Kljestan have what is require to be in this game just in case Sal Zizzo should be on the bench to mop the mess. He did a hell of a good job on the right side for the U 18 (Zizzo is probably busy with the Olympic)