Bradley Brings 21 Players Back to Carson to Begin Training for Match Against Mexico

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by mcadaal, Jan 24, 2008.

1. GoTimbers

GoTimbers New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Oregon City
    I mentioned that because he needs to be utilized differently. Ideally I would like to Altidore and Dempsey together. The good news: we could potentially beat Mexico with our "C" team. I would be giddy for weeks. Nothing like adding salt to a wound!

2. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    If Altidore is not playing; and Adu is not in the CAM role; i would put donovan up top with Adu supporting and dempsey at right.

3. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yikes, thats pretty scary. Not mission impossible though, here's our roster from last time:

-----------------------Howard----------------------

-------------Conrad------------Bocanegra-----------
    Albright-------------------------------------Bornstein

---------------Mastroeni------Clark------------------
    Dempsey-------------------------------------Convey

----------------Donovan------Rolfe------------------

Gentlemen. we WON with that starting 11! :p SO we have more than a chance here.

Key here is the 3-4 players we bring in, absolutely huge deal. Im going to assume no Fulhamish players; Dempsey, EJ, Boca due to the crap situation theyre in. One of these players will be Michael Bradley, we know this. Cherundolo is also a smart bet as Germany is on break. Onyewu wont be doing much at this time, 3. Finally id bet Convey is thrown in the mix too rounding 4.

AANNDD per se the article in N&A Jozy COULD be there so i am hoping for the best!

----------------------Guzan---------------------

--------------Onyewu------Conrad---------------
    Cherundolo-------------------------------Dunivant

----------------Braldey----Clark------------------
    Davis--------------------------------------Convey

-------------Donovan---------Twellman/Jozy?-----

soooo hey we got a decent squad all a sudden. Id rate this squad about the same as what we fielded in february. This thing seriously hinges on wether Altidore is brought in or not.

4. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 4Euro's should be Spector, Bradley, Dolo, Adu

So here is what I see

Dolo------------Spector----Conrad-------Corrales

----------------Bradley----Edu------------------
    LD--------------------------------------Davis

---------------------Adu-------------------------
    -------------------Altidore------------------------

Ok so Adu/Altidore may not start, but I do see them getting good minutes

5. Altidore_Adu_Fan

Sep 30, 2007
    Hammond In
    O God If I Dont See Adu And Altidore Vs Mexico I Might Cry .... I Been Waiting For This Since The U-20's .... And I Been Wanting To See How Landon Donovan & Adu Do In The Field Together .....

But Anywayz

Donovan....Bradley...Clark....Demps
    .......................Adu.................
    .....................Altidore...............

6. ranequake21

ranequake21 Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I really doubt youll see Altidore Adu and Dempsey, maybe 2 of the 3 though. If the under 23's just have the camp, then Altidore better be on the team. Would people rather have Onyewu or Spector?
    Also, does anyone have any idea what kind of a team Mexico send?

7. JGillon21

JGillon21 New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Morganton NC
    Unfortunately there are few people on this 21 man roster that have the promise that the 2004 MLS based roster had.

8. Zidane>Maradona

Zidane>Maradona New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    CA
    :eek: SDBhoy: You stole my picture. :D Eh, whatever, gotta represent the golden state.

Anyways, as we all know, this game is pretty meaningless. I predict a boring game and a tie (1-1).

I can't wait until the meaningful games between the US and Mexico. Both are making amazing strides. Guys like Altidore, Adu, Bradley, Vela, Giovani, and Guardado are going to tear it up for years to come. Maybe someday soon both will make it the the WC semis. For now I can only dream.

9. JGillon21

JGillon21 New Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Morganton NC
    I dont think anyone else will be brought into the camp... There are already 3-4 European based players on the roster.

Noonan
    White
    Corales
    Califf

Does Bradley mean 3-4 more, or 3-4 total?

10. Acekiller

Acekiller Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Roster won't be finalized until a couple of days before the match. This implies more additions will occur, to include the possible inclusion of Altidore, Edu and Adu, plus other Euros. I just hope we get to the see the Altidore/Adu connection!!

11. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we will see this

--------------Onyewu------Conrad---------------
    Moor-------------------------------------Dunivant

-----------------Braldey----Clark------------------
    Noonan--------------------------------------Convey

-------------Donovan---------Twellman-------------

3 Euros I think will be Gooch, Bradley, and Convey
    *Noonan and LD may be switched

12. SoccerTab

SoccerTab Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Ohio
    I think that midfield would have some difficulty. I would prefer to see Donovan and perhaps Justin Mapp in the midfield. I also think that Ramiro Corrales, Clarence Goodson, and Eddie Robinson may get another look in the back. Corrales was the best of those three in my opinion. Conrad would be a lock on my team. I would also like to see Spector. Up front I would like to see Adu and Altidore; if not Twellman should be able to do better against the Mex defense than he has against the big euro defenders.

13. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    everyone, theyre bringing all the big guns. Marquez, Dos Santos, Guardado, Salcido, Vela, theyre bringing everyone.

14. DDCaptain

DDCaptain New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    San Diego
    Mapp is too lazy to play in a big game against Mexico. Not sure if he truly is lazy or if he just looks that way though.

15. Lobooho

Lobooho Member

Jul 26, 2002
    Cali
    Good.

16. jpoler1

jpoler1 Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Bedford, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I see TT up top one more time I am gonna hurl all over myself. Please!!! PLease!!! Please!!! Anyone but T-Rex Twellman (Huge head, small arms) to start up top. His name should change to TRT.

In all seriousness, I would prefer to see Altidore-Donovan or Altidore-White up top, over a Donovan- Twellman pairing.

17. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    nope not everyone:(

18. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would too but I was trying to put a realistic lineup and I guarantee TT will be starting so you better not watch the game if it is going to make you hurl

19. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is that a week midfield Convey is a way better player then Mapp is. Mapp could not even get the start over Davis in the Sweden game.

Altidore is not with the team and I dont think we will see Adu (if he does come he probably wont start)

20. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Here is where the boys and the men separate.... If we were Argentina all the players will be available no if, no buts .....:rolleyes: But like I said "If we were Argentina .....There is a lot to learn from the top team and one thing that we need to learn is to be consistent with the team and stay away from silly repetitive experiment ...:rolleyes:

21. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Mapp pull the face for USA on the asswhoop at Copa America ....

22. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS

23. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    i Just think there should be players that need to be looked at; rather than have Twellman and Noonan at foward you bring sombody in like Jemal Johnson who is capable of playing in the EPL and CCC and who has scored some cracking goals and is still 22. We know that twellman and noonan are going to at the qualifiers; but it think for this game you bring people like johnson into camp and see what he brings at the international level vs a team like Mexico.

24. DDCaptain

DDCaptain New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    San Diego
    Doubt Bradley is going to give an unproven Jemal Johnson his first cap against Mexico. I know our forward options aren't much. but come on. Jemal Johnson:confused: He plays in what? the fourth league in England.

25. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Hes not really unproven. He is just streaky. In first 2 games with blackburn he scored 2 nice goals, then when he got loaned out to preston he had a goal in 3 games and then to Wolverhampton his first 2 games he had 2 game-winning goals. Including one of the best goals i have seen from a yank-foward abroad.(The goal is on youtube).
    And now he got transeferd to the fourt tier in england Mk dons and now hes tearing it up. So hes a streaker; hes hot right now and im sure he would impress Bob bradley.