Brad Davis' elastico move...video anyone?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Ronaldo's Idol, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004
    So anybody who was watching the MLS Cup must've seen Brad Davis' elastico move (aka Ronaldinho move...with his left foot he pushed the ball a little to his left then quickly flicked it back to his right, and took a right footed shot which missed the goal).

But it isn't in the video highlights of the game on the mlsnet.com website, and youtube has nothing on it. Anyone know where I could find video of it (post it in this thread please)?

2. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you! I mentioned this move over in the USA Men N&A and someone basically said I was nuts.

I hope someone can post a video.

3. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I mentioned it to a bunch of people but they missed it, it was done perfectly...his shot on the other hand was dreadful. But I would love to see this move again in a clip as well.

If you want to, you can go to ********.com and download the entire match and see it that way.

4. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    I saw it...very, very nice. I didn't know anyone in MLS had that in them. Definately got my attention, but I am surprised it didn't make ANY highlights and that people really aren't talking about it very much.

5. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dempsey does it fairly regularly, and I'm pretty sure Freddy's thrown a few out there

6. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    Maybe...but I've never seen them try that particular move.

7. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would bet that most of the skilled players in MLS have that move in them. They just dont do it. I can do this move in a competative match (well for my standards) but its one of those moves that if you dont pull it off perfectly then it wont work. The probability of it working is pretty slim, as Ive seen a lot of players try it but mess up. Dempsey is very good at it though.

8. BigKahuna

BigKahuna Member

Nov 30, 2004
    GA Boy in DC
    Yeah, thats what I'm saying....many can do it, yeah. But how many have the balls to try it and pull it off in the final?

9. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reason is because it was Brad Davis doing it - and not Dempsey or Adu. That's why it gets no press.

Had Dempsey done it, Dave O'Brien would have wet himself and it would have been replayed multiple times. As it was, he didn't even talk about it. At least Bruce and Eric gave it a mention.

10. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. I haven't seen them do it either - especially not at the speed and smoothness that Davis did it.

11. RogueFC

RogueFC New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Hell A
    Wynalda gave it a mention and they did show a replay of it in slow mo and he pulled it off perfectly.
    And while we're on the subject, I think Davis is one of the best midfielders in the League. He plays with some confidence and I really enjoyed watching him play on Sunday.

12. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Dempsey executed one against Norway in early 2006. I think the defender is still trying to locate his jock strap.

13. evanpemsocr

evanpemsocr New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Rocky Mount, Va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I was getting ready to mention that one. That was one of the best ones not done by Ronaldinho that I have seen. For me, that was Dempseys break out game. He is/was one of the few players in this league who had the balls to try a move like that.

14. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004
    I saw Demspey's too in that game (it was near the right corner flag, right?). It was nice, but nowhere near what you'll find from Ronaldinho on youtube (his are ridiculous).

I'd say Brad Davis' move was significantly better than Dempsey's (whose I thought had less of a cut to it, i.e. just kind of wiggled through a couple defenders instead of completely changing direction like Ronaldinho does).

And Davis' move was lightning fast, and opened space for a shot. I'd love to see a clip of it again.

15. littlerockant

littlerockant Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw it and almost had an orgasm, that's the thing the league is missing in my opinion and is the resason we need to keep the the best u.s. players...brad and mullan have some nice moves, freddy would show more but i think it's denegrated by nowak, and dempsey make a coulple of behind the leg passes, which are my speciailty by the way lol.

We also need to keep DeRo, I'd like him to go to Toronto as their designated player

16. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    One of the worst trades METRO have made.

17. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    But not as bad as Ricardo Clark.

18. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    If I am not mistaken we got Youri as a result of that one.

At the time of the trade it was debatable, so I'll give em a pass on that one.

Gimme a time machine and I would agree though.

19. sirmarksalot

sirmarksalot New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    That move was great, it got him open for a shot but he did bad with that shot.

20. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Which is what I never understood about Davis here in Dallas. He can really kick the crap out of a dead ball, but ask him to shoot on the dribble and he's a freakin' disaster. He has good dribbling skills, can pass pretty well, can cross the hell out of the ball. Still would like to see him get more time with the USMNT on occassion.

21. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I think Danny O'Rourke.

22. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    If someone can give me the minute this occured in i can put it up on youtube. i tivoed the match.

23. irishapple21

irishapple21 Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    That was for Adrian Serioux. Look up "boneheaded" in any dictionary and you'll find a description of that MoLexi trade.

24. voyager

voyager Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Frederick, MD
    Club:
    DC United