Bpl r36: chelsea vs. nufc, 2 may [r]

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by tigerdave, May 2, 2012.

1. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of all the times for BigSoccer to do a revamp....

Go find the highlights. You'll be glad you did.

2. mplsTOON

mplsTOON Member

Apr 25, 2006
    @ St James Park
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I didnt have fath...It hought we would lose this. Fortunately the wrong (or Right) Chelsea showed up.

I don't care what DiMatteo or anyone else says but Cisse's second was intentional

I know there is an [R] by this thread but it needs to be seen:

and I don't care what anyone else says about what came before but if Jon Obi Mikel's head ended up on a platter in front of me I wouldn't be repulsed.

Fortunately Tiote is OK...

Russell1892 repped this.
  3. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait. Is that 10 minutes of stoppage time?

4. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. Tiote got elbowed in the head by Mikel (who didn't even get a foul called), gashed his eyebrow and needed 8-odd minutes of treatment.

5. Russell1892

Russell1892 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What a f*cking game, what a pair of goals from Cisse, its almost a shame that his first goal will be almost forgotten about in the brilliance of his second but they were both great. He's hilariously deadly.

Santon's looking great now too, I'm just incredibly pleased we managed to get back on track after the shambles at the weekend.

We've got City next, the pressure is on them for winning the title, but I would think we can go out and put in another performance like this it gives us at least a chance of getting a win, or a point.

As far as the run in goes, Spurs have picked up form again but have Villa (A) at the weekend, as much as I'd love to see them go down I think Villa could get something from that. We then just have to hope for the best but this puts Chelsea out of the race effectively.

Highlights here (in German).

6. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a privilege to see that pair of goals. They invited so much pressure in the second half, they really needed more forays forward lessen the number of crosses they had to defend. Colo was massive, as was Wilo. Fortunately, Cisse made his goals out of very little, because we squandered some other attacks. I would have loved to see Ba put his away, but everyone is working hard out there. You've got to say they've left themselves a huge task, but it's a chance for Champions League in week 37, and you'll take that as often as you can get it.

di Matteo: "I think the second one, I don't think he knew what he was doing, but it went in. At the moment, everything he touches goes in."

Sadder than those that didn't see it are those who can't appreciate what they saw. :notworthy:

7. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to whomever immortalized it in a gif already
    [​IMG]

8. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    No doubt the media will find some reason not to give us credit for an excellent win, but who cares. The quality of the victory wasn't the thing that impressed me the most, it was the way we bounced back as a team after that shambles against Wigan.

9. divingheader

divingheader Member

Nov 10, 2001
    St John, NB, Canada
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was a great game and the goals thrilled even my wife and 6 year old, who is considering dropping Messi as his hero in favour of Cisse.

The only less than excellent moments were when Obertan came on and proceeded to pass consistantly to Chelsea players. But they were beaten and knew it by then.