BPL Match 9: Tottenham Hotspur Vs Newcastle United, Sunday 26th October.

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Russell1892, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Russell1892

Russell1892 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hot off the heels of our first win of the season (it is the end of October right?) we rush off down to the smoke to play Spurs. As things stand we're still in the relegation places, and what's that old saying; "you can only judge the table after 10 games". Well that landmark is fast approaching, and we're still shite.

Cissé is a doubt, as is Rivieré, by process of elimination it looks like we might be starting with Ayoze up front.

Ryan Taylor is back in the squad after two years out. Santon, de Jong, Aarons etc are still crocked.

Of course this was the game last season that we recorded perhaps the most fortunate win in PL history winning 1-0 thanks to a Remy goal, if it wasn't for Tim Krul we could have lost 6-1. I'd take that again.

Only other interesting point (besides has Pardew been sacked yet) is what role Remy Cabella has to play... signed for £12m he's been cast as Ben Arfa mkII by Pardew it would seem. I'd like to see him start, but I don't think Pardew will change a winning team (he's stupidly old-school like that).

I do actually think this is one game that Ashley cares about.... for some reason he enjoys it when we beat Spurs, dare I dream that if we lose he actually sacks Pardew?

Howay the Lads and discuss

2. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
  3. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Took them less than 20 minutes to unlock our....defense?

4. Russell1892

Russell1892 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    1 down after 18 minutes. Don't worry though you know how good we are at coming back from being behind....

5. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Sammy scores in six seconds after the intermission.

6. Russell1892

Russell1892 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ayoze nods us ahead! F*ckin' Howay Bonny Lad.

7. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    So, that happened.

8. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So. 8 shots all game. 2 on goal. And they both go in.

Huh.

I suppose Pardew will crow that all is well.

9. mplsTOON

mplsTOON Member

Apr 25, 2006
    @ St James Park
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Outstanding 2nd half and total credit to Pardew for astutely reading that the Spuds were shite by half time and going for a bold, yet more risky attacking formation for the second half.

But all those warm fuzzies are negated by this:
    um, thanks you twunt. One bird does not a spring make-er, or something like that...a broken clock is correct twice a day...is that better?

I say that because I hope this continues; I hope he stays bold and starts taking risks to take control of games, in the least to prove to the "Geordie Nation" he knows what he is doing. If he reverts to type, it becomes obvious he doesn't know what he's doing and arrived at the 7 Seconds over Sameobi with Perez and Cabella on accident.

Man Citeh will be tough, 'Pule is so there for the taking, if we are set up to play like we did on Sunday (note the italics). My fear: Cisse, and Tiote come back into the starting line up, Gouffran and Obertan are stuffed into the side and we revert to type.