Boycott the movie The Gatekeepers

Discussion in 'International News' started by MossadRules, Apr 22, 2013.

1. MossadRules

MossadRules Red Card

Apr 16, 2013
    It's a totally outrageous depiction of Israelis. Come on.

2. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Never heard of it. My chances of watching this movie was zero before reading this post. The chances are still pretty close to zero.

3. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  4. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Then sue the filmmakers like another country is doing about Argo. Iran invented suing filmmakers that criticize them.

GiuseppeSignori and Dyvel repped this.
  5. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or watch it back to back with that other terrible movie about Mohamed where you can see vehicle tracks on the desert. :p

song219 repped this.
  7. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    Is there any other kind of depiction for such a ridiculous state?

8. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Geez...I don't know. I remember as a kid going to see the banned "Baby Doll" movie. That was really hot for 1955. Today...meh!

9. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    If they ban The Gatekeepers, my chance of watching the movie may go up to 3 or 4 percent.

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    for crying out loud this is an israeli movie. i haven't seen it but it seems to me that it's as insightful and serious as you can get on the subject, and dror moreh apparently used the same methods as in william karel's the world according to bush or errol morris' the fog of war. i mean, if you want slanted innuendo about shin bet, what more spurious, ill-informed sources can you have tell the story than EVERY LIVING DIRECTOR OF SHIN BET PAST OR PRESENT?

i mean, what the hell do those guys know about anything?

it was nominated for the oscar for best documentary. how many % does that push it up the list?

i was going to stop at reading the articles about it in télérama and the nouvel obs, but if it bothers mossa drules that much i think i WILL see it and make my mind up for myself.

boycotting a movie? wtf? i mean, you can inform yourself about asian and south american sweatshops or central american banana plantations without wearing zara or eating dole, so it's possible to boycott these intelligently. but boycotting a book or movie can only be done ignorantly.

there are other israeli movies that massa mossa probably wants you to boycott: 5 broken cameras, ajami, waltz with bashir... before making up your mind, i suggest you see them all. have your friends do so too! then you can discuss the films together and decide if you want to boycott them.

GiuseppeSignori repped this.
  11. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hi guys, while we are on th topic of israeli movies, i saw a clip from a film that was about a nuclear attack on israel by iran, i only saw literally 30 seconds of it but it looked interesting enough

Any help finding the name of it would be great, cheers!

12. Dignan

Dignan Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Granada
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think Kazahkstan tried it first.... attempted to sue Sasha Baron Cohen for Borat.

Borat's response was hilarious.