Boxing Day: Chelsea vs Southampton

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kazuma, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    A WEAK group!!?

2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea. Valencia has been horrible this year. Tho they look like they may have finally got it together. Lille isn’t the same as last year and have been shit. Losing your best players will do that. Ajax is in the same boat as Lille as far as losing their best their just not struggling as much cause a weak league and they still have some of their influential players. Tho they look to be gone in Jan or the summer window. Years past and we’d be licking our chops at this group.

3. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nobody that knows anything about football called that a 'weak group.

lobomojo repped this.
  4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I know something about football and I just did. It was a mediocre group at best. Both D and F we’re the most difficult. Our group had clubs with names in it but the teams themselves aren’t actually top class at the moment and that includes us. We’re just a name right now. Clearly not feared.

5. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's NOT what's being said by the pundits here - we did exceptionally well to get out the group, of course we had a bit of luck too.

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean the same pundits who make foolish comments all year. I take any pundits comments across any sport with a massive grain of salt. And just because we did well to get out of the group with some luck as you noted doesn’t mean we were in a strong group.

7. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You're right, I shouldn't listen to the pundits that have been directly involved in the game at the highest levels...... what do they know?

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They absolutely have been and that’s led to extreme amounts of bias. Many of the ex players can’t separate their playing days to their punditry. Objectiveness is completely lost and that’s an epidemic that spans for more than just sports journalism/commentary.

9. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    In what way are they being 'biased'?