Boulder/Denver Pub for ManU/Arnl game

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Quango, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Hey, if anyone in the Denver metro area (preferably near Boulder) knows of a good pub/bar to see tomorrow's ManU/Arsenal game, please let me know. Also, just in general where's a good place to see games in this area? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Quango.

2. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Thanks Bonji.

4. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Yep ... the forgot to pay thier taxes!!!

5. spook

spook New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Lafayette, CO
    Day late and a dollar short...

The Druid's Arms in downtown Louisville hosted an English breakfast-type get together and showed the game on PPV. You might call them to see if they'll have more games like that. I forgot to ask and the flyer that I have doesn't say that any more are scheduled.

First time I've watched a game there but I'll probably try it again. Guiness, Bass and Tetley on tap - sounds good to me!

Good breakfast. Personally, I never had blood sausage before. Not sure I will again. Tasted good before I learned what it was called.

6. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Re: Day late and a dollar short...

Is this the place that was formerly Pasquale's?

This kills me, places like this host these games but never seem to get the word out. Do they not want people to come? (serious question)

I'm not saying that BigSoccer.com is a household name, but I'm sure both Rocky Mountain Soccer and Boulder Indoor Soccer would have (will) gladly put up a flyer, not to mention www.bouldersoccer.com .

7. spook

spook New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Lafayette, CO
    "Is this the place that was formerly Pasquale's?"

It's been called Druid's Arms for as long as I've lived here (about 5 years). Kind of a dumpy looking place. It's a few doors down from Senior T's and across the street from Pasquini's. If you're thinking of the old spaghetti place that had the cool sign, that's now Pasquini's; I don't remember if it used to be Pasquale's, but I do remember it used to be called something else. Anyway, it's across the street from that.

I'll cruise by there in the next day or two and see if they plan on doing it again. If so, I'll post it here.

It was a disappointing crowd (note the loose usage of the word 'crowd'). Maybe 8 or 9 of us. Interesting game though. Someone, I think it was maybe Keown, actually hit (more like whacked, I guess) Ruud in the head just after the game. Always an interesting game.

8. Noonan

Noonan New Member

Dec 16, 2001
    Colorado
  9. Hosscat

Hosscat New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Denver
    I'm trying to figure out where to watch the England-Turkey match coming up in a couple weeks (I'll be in Boulder that day for the CU game). As far as I know, the match starts at 11am local time.

Any suggestions from the Boulderites? Does Connor O'Neils show footy?

10. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what channel the game is on but the Dark Horse is usually soccer friendly if they get the channel. You just have to ask them to flip to it.

11. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    As England-Turkey will be a PPV broadcast, the only option for any place remotely near Boulder might be the Druid's Arms, as mentioned above.

With the closure of the Nutty Irishman, there hasn't been any place in town willing to pick up PPV feeds.

So... if Boulder-area folk are interested in watching this match, drop me a PM and we'll set up a viewing at the new Greeniepad. So long as three of us (more would be even better) are splitting the cost, I'm down.

We haven't tested the soccer capacity yet, but I have a big 20'x16 living room that is empty except for my big TV. :)