Boston Red Sox, 2004. World Series Champions. No R Needed.

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by ProfZodiac, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to all you long suffering BoSox fans. Truly deserved. Now that the Curse has been reversed, can we please fix baseball. Level the playing field so small market teams like my beloved Royals don't have to trade the likes of Carlos Beltran, and they can compete like in days of yore when the free agent market wasn't so ridiculous, and we could keep players like Brett, is, Wilson, Saberhagen, Cone et al.

Bob Costas has a great plan to fix it in his book, the title of which escapes me at the moment, if Selig and Co would just try to implement it. I want October baseball in cities other than NY, Atlanta, etc. Wouldn't it be nice if a small market team actually in a penant race wasn't an anomoly anymore.

2. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Wow.

Did anyone else go to Kenmore last night?

3. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    un-********ing-believable

4. B1

B1 Member

Feb 19, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I made it to that mad house last night. Insane amount of people. Just wait until the parade on Saturday though. They're saying over 5 million people are expected for it.

5. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Well I hope everyone is ready for the end of the world!!!

Stayed up until 5am to watch it live in England!! It was great that I was able to see history in 4 games because I don't think I could last another one!!

6. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    You might want to ask the A's and Twins about how to do that. I just wish my Reds would figure something out!!

7. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    congrats from an O's fan

8. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I keep hoping Pedro announces that he's only been growing his hair out as a "won't cut it until we win" type of experiment.

9. NeSpazz

NeSpazz New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Framingham
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a number of things to be said here. First, WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Next, how sweet it is that we will not have to listen to any NY fans pathetically cheer their "1918" crap, for lack of unoriginality. Another plus is that we can say "Yankees suck" and truly mean it, for now the Spankees are forever linked to the greatest comeback in baseball (and possibly all sports) history, and they are on the LOSING SIDE! I love it!!! I hate those bastards, and their fans too, let them whine about the ALCS series, but we earned it. It had nothing to do with whether or not the Yankees choked or we just woke up and played. The point is, we won, and we did it against those cocky fools who think they have an annual entitlement to the post season. I feel bad for the Cardinals, for they did not play in a way that showed their true abilities, and therefore will get the same criticisms we have in the past. As for Red Sox nation, the trophy is home, the parade is on Saturday, and make way for the extra millions of people who will be invading our state. How do you like them apples!
    Spazz

10. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Heaven, morning, October 28, 2003.

*ring ring*

"Huh. The red phone. Wonder what he wants. Hello?"

"Where were you?"

"Where was I what now?"

"Last night? The Apocalypse? The end of the world? Where the heaven were you?"

"I was here. Watching South Park. Eclipsing the moon. The usual. Why, did I miss something?"

"Yeah, you missed something. The Red Sox won the World Series."

"Did they? Good for them. How long has it been for them, twenty years or so?"

"Good for them? We were standing around all night holding our dicks waiting for you to show up. We looked like putzes."

"I thought we were waiting for the White Sox to win."

"The RED Sox, You damn it! The Boston RED Sox! Doesn't your kid tell you anything?"

"It's an election year. He's been screening his calls. You know how it is."

"You know, this is exactly why I left. You don't listen. The Red Sox won, we don't have an Apocalypse, and now Steinbrenner's on my ass demanding his soul back."

"All right, all right, don't get sand in your vagina. How about...okay, how about when baseball comes back to Washington, DC?"

"Oh, for the love of - pick up a sports page, you schmuck, and call back when you're serious."

*click*

11. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Which is worse, being a spammer or a Yankee fan?

12. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Let's see how they do when the big money clubs snatch all their free agents...

13. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thread Closed. Please direct all posts to the Red Sox Offseason Thread.