Boston Breakers v. L.A. SOL - Sunday August 9th - 6:00pm

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Mosan

Mosan Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Munich
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Huh? Are you lip-reading?

2. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Yes. I obviously have a way with British tongues. Though I can't swear she said it. It was as she turned away from arguing the second time.

I think that penalty call was outrageous. (*cue someone arguing how just and fair and wise a call it was*)

3. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007

lol

4. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Huh. I wondered what she said to the ref.

Honestly? At 90 minutes, with a plane ticket to Finland already booked, I think I would have gone for a full-on red.

5. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    I had a thought that what happened was going to happen.

6. Mosan

Mosan Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Munich
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You`ve been waiting to drop that line, haven`t you?;)

On the matter itself. I think it was okay to call the penalty. Scott clearly intercepted Marta`s run. Sooo ... Boston`s season broke down.:D
    Wonder how come. Jenn and Mark stated over and over again how s-t-a-c-k-e-d this team is ... :rolleyes:

7. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Sorry, Smith's obviously influencing me here, so I'm going for an all-out, unjustified and unsubstantiated attack here: Bollocks! :rolleyes:

;)

Not that I wanted Boston to win in any way, but if Marta had dived like that in Sweden, I'd like to think the referee would have female-dog-slapped her.

8. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not necessarily worth it - she would have had to sit for the first match of 2010.

9. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    No, if that were me, I would have done it for my own personal benefit. A nice '******** you' before ending the season.

Then again, I was also nicknamed redcard in college, so ... :eek: :D

10. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Scott got a piece of her, but I thought Marta went down because she stepped on the ball. Pretty weak penalty, but I'm not complaining, as I am a Sky Blue fan. We do exist.

11. Texas Gator

Texas Gator New Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Katy, TX
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This team was stacked but you have to have good coaching. Tony juggled the lineup more than Barnum & Bailey!!!!!

12. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL! Good one!

It looked like Marta was pushed over AFTER she lost control of the ball. Maybe he should've just given a free kick but probably no PK with the game on the line.

Look at the bright side. Boston probably would not have scored anyway and do you guys really think you would've done much without Kelly Smith??

People have been saying all season long that you are too dependent on her and are too weak without her.

13. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People have been saying stuff about you all season too but that hasn't stopped you from trying :)

14. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    After never being outside the top four all season....
    ;)

15. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I seem to recall that your former username reflected that.

16. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Monty is a media whore. :D

Or not. ;)

Premature ejectulation?

Ask Bonnie about British tongues. :rolleyes:

Huss forbds me from repping many posts in this thread, such as this one. ... I can't even put in a wry smilie.

17. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I would like to remind you ALL that trolling is not allowed. One such post has been removed due to this rule.

We've been very, very tolerant of letting all posters, regardless of team, settle into a single thread during in-game discussions. Given the maturity level of the posters here, it's never been an issue. Until now.

If you really feel the need to make inflammatory posts regarding a team, a player or match, feel free to use the Women's Rivalry Forum. Start a thread. Have at it.

But keep it off the team forums.

18. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We withheld the streamers because we didn't want any delays. We wanted to, but realized that'd take time off of the game clock.

19. papyrus

papyrus New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    NYC
    NO!! Just got home and watched it on tape! Woe has a number: 2-1!
    So close, so far away. The Smith goal was a timeless beauty & the Marta goal was a tragic mess, helped by an (un?)Luckenbill mistake... it was like watching your car roll backwards into the street - you know it's going to crash into something, but you just stand there in shock.

And is this ref the same *$$ who gave another undeserved something or other earlier in the season? (How many refs can there be with no eyes and reptilian brow? Must be the same guy.)

& how was it that Aly Wagner gets off free for reckless fouling after her yellow card??? (Can't remember what she did now bc of post-game trauma, but it was a cheap shot.)

The only proper thing to do is for Tony to make yet another public announcement about poor ref skills and how it reflects badly on the WPS, which is probably what Smith and Mitts said, though would love to know word-per-word. Too bad we have no mics on the field, as in tennis, so we can hear the player "comments".

Sigh.

20. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

agreed. Luckinbill is a joke of a goalkeeper. She was our biggest weakness since the roster was announced. I hope this was her last match as a Breaker. Good riddance.

We had plenty but why would we want to delay the restart when we're chasing a goal??? That would have been stupid.

agreed. The referee had no balls. As has been the case all year in WPS. Marta should have gone in the book early for her tackle on MFM...The officialing in this league has been a joke since week #1. If we expect this to be the best womens league in the world this is unacceptable.

I was shocked that nobody fouled Marta hard after her cheap shot on MFM...If it were a mens match the retaliation would have been strong and swift. A foul on her as hard as she delivered would have surely been a straight red though...We didn't do near enough to pursuade Lil Abner to take Marta off the field...

I was glad to see Mittsie get a good hit on her at the whistle....I only wish she'd have broken her leg...

These two weeks cannot go by fast enough...I haven't looked forward to an offseason like this one in years...

21. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, I hope Tony leaves the organization. I blame him for Arod's troubles. I don't understand him playing Latham, she brings nothing.

The PK was legit. Scott came in hard on her, bumped her right off, and Marta fell onto the ball. It was a call that could have gone either way.

Either way, the Breakers shouldn't have been in that position of chasing a goal in the last minutes. They had their chances.

22. Dartsoc

Dartsoc New Member

May 16, 2004
    In the last 12 games we have scored four goals and the loss is the Keeper's fault..............A-Rod's game has been destroyed, Lilly is impotent, Hucles carried USA to a gold on her back but has been missing in action all year and Marta scores on a breakaway - for what - her first career goal?

If you have to blame anyone for a lousy season - look to the coaching staff and consider the above sentence.

Go PATS

23. Soccerbum44

Soccerbum44 New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I agree that Tony is the cause of all of A-Rod's problems, she is talented but just does not click playing for Tony. Look at her record on the National Team before she came to play for him !! Same with Moore, she is just as talented if he would just give her a chance on the field.

Know alot of the college players are having a tough time adjusting, but these two are a waste of talent on the bench.

24. Legalsoccer

Legalsoccer New Member

May 6, 2009
    RI
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My sister and I were sitting right there when Marta went down. From our side view: Marta fell on her own. We were to the left of the play. My sister is a ref in a different league.
    She thought that the Marta check against the other player was fair. Wagner's push down was just wrong. Number 8 on LA was also testing a lot.
    I was hoping to get my sister excited about WPS. She got excited allright. She thinks the ref sucked big time!!!!

25. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

She hesitated like a U12 goalkeeper on that breakaway...and still almost got it. If she wern't a useless beast and didn't second guess herself I'd be booking a room in Maryland this morning....

That said, I'd like the Breakers to make a change with the coaching staff as well...

And if you think Lilly was impotent you were watching a different match than I was last night...

Do us all a favor and tell your friend Kristin to move on with her life...I'm sure she'll make a great lawyer...Good Luck and Good Riddance.