Bosnian Talking Trash

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by BrianCappellieri, Aug 11, 2002.

1. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Bosnian slams "overpaid, overrated" Newcastle stars

Zeljeznicar striker Amar Gredic has turned up the heat ahead of their Champions League qualifier against Newcastle United...

Tribal Football

I kind of like this guy. ;)

2. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Some quick math:

Shearer cost 15 million six years ago...

averages out to 2.5 million per year...

...he's proved he's worth every penny...

I think the Bosnian was referring to Cort.

3. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Bosnians promised massive bonus to beat Newcastle

Zeljeznicar players have been offered a huge cash incentive to dump Newcastle United out of the Champions League...

Tribal Football

4. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    I love the tabloid journalism. The coach is quoted as saying he wants to see Newcastle's match against West Ham on August 19th to prepare.

Maybe nobody told the coach their first match with the Toon is on Wednesday, August 14th?

Not to mention, I'm sure his team would stand to make a significant bonus no matter who they beat to get themselves into the CL group stage.

5. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
  6. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    News of the World theiving from the Net...who'd thunk it? ;)

7. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Come on Zeljeznicar! ;)

8. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Talk of the tyne.com

SOLANO: "OUR TIME HAS COME!"

NOBBY SOLANO: "As a player I had to sit through the World Cup and wonder what it must be like to play on that stage. Now I am only two games away from the most important club competition there is and it means more than words can say.

"The Champions League is the World Cup of club football and ever since I signed for Newcastle it has been my dream to represent United at that level. I have talked about it for the last four years and now it's nearly here.

"Two or three years ago it was very hard to break into the top four but now the club is better prepared, with top players and our time has come.

"We are not about to let this opportunity slip through our hands. We are favourites but we still have a job to do.

"If we get a draw then it won't be the worst result in the world with the second leg at St James' to come."