BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH & THE CL

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Oct 8, 2020.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok, guys its so quiet on this forum...perhaps its b/c of what's going on in the world and the US Elections,i am as worried as you are!
    We are in some sort of group of death..no?
    How many of you believe we have even remotely a slight chance to create the destruction of Madrid on German soil??? If you guys find the time give a percentage!
    Id say we might have a very good chance, lets see what Rose is made of and how much the boys are willing to run ???
    :whistling::eek::sneaky::rolleyes:o_O:cautious::alien::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::devilish:

2. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thx for the thread Hans-Gunter ;)

We have no chance to win the cup so I rather play great European powers twice in the group stage. I'm pretty happy with the group and 3rd place is possible and who knows maybe more..

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm looking forward to these games. May be the only chance I get to see one this season, with almost all BL games in the US on ESPN+, which you have to pay more for and then watch on your computer. Still, the Bundesliga site *is* posting game highlights, so that helps.

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe our slow start would work in our favour...we all know the second half of the season is where things get crazy...of course as long as we dont fall behind by a huge margin
    :devilish::ninja::alien:

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well not that am surprised...but seems like the Brits and their never ending hate for us once more is shining...this is what they predict

BORUSSIA MOCHENGLADBACH
    [​IMG]

It will be a great occasion for Borussia Monchengladbach to face European giants Real Madrid & Inter Milan but I don’t see them getting much from those games. They don’t have the squad depth & those two periods, of 6 games, across 21/22 days will be too much for them.

Inter look really good this season & their squad depth is ridiculous. Antonio Conté has a habit of getting the best out of WB’s & I think Achraf Hakimi will be one of this year's star players. They’re a real contender to win it & I like them to at least reach the Semi-Finals.

Real Madrid are in a state of transition & all of their recent transfer activity has been about lightening the books. We haven’t seen any new additions yet so it looks like Zinedine Zidane is keeping faith with last seasons squad. Los Blancos will have enough to make it out of the group stages.

Shakhtar Donetsk is a horrible club for anyone with limited experience in European football. The Ukrainian side is a difficult team & Gladbach faces a 2800 mile round trip when they play them away.

Gladbach finish bottom with 1 win at home to Shakhter, 1 draw at home to Real Madrid & 4 losses.

Final Standings Prediction

1. Inter Milan
    2. Real Madrid
    3. Shakhtar Donetsk
    4. Borussia Mochengladbach

;):ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::alien::alien::devilish::alien::alien::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::thumbsup:

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naz, I'm not sure about your prediction. Recently they did ok vs the big boys but had trouble with Wolfsburger SV out of Austria (home loss as I recall). But it will bring back memories of the glory days.

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are right ken,they do well with those over paid intitled chumpas!
    Whats with the silence here ha ??????
    Am not sure .....i gues am happy any b/c with their roster ( Milan) i was just hoping we would not go down with 4-5 goals...now that we got screwed in stoppage time ...i feel robbed , human nature i suppose.But 2-1 vs 2-2 away is not much of a difference...as far as what conte needs to do in Borussia Park i mean.
    Anyways hope u guys are still safe and healthy depite the Wuhan chinses mothefacker flu...am not sure if we have the depth to go full blast in the CL...but its good money.
    I was in my teen years when i was refused the pleasure of kicking out REAL ...can this be GOD's way of answering my calling ???? I hope we can crush them on both legs!
    :eek:;):speechless::sneaky::ROFLMAO::alien::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

8. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there's only a couple of posters here now. Supposedly one of the CL matches will be on TV here. We'll see. I'm suffering from Bundesliga withdrawal now. ESPN bought the rights and put it all behind a paywall. Ugh. I don't have the new TVs to make it worth it, so no games for me. ESPN put one game on regular ESPN. Bayern of course. Dark times.​

9. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    ESPN+ is only $6/month and now carries every 1.B match, a single 2.B each week, several Serie A matches, several Dutch Eredivisie, plus some Chinese, MLS, and other leagues. I stream it on my computer which is plugged into the TV via an HDMI cable; thus, on the big screen as if it were broadcast.

CBS All Access ($6/month) is streaming Champions League and Europa League matches in the USA.

10. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you've made my point. Used to be it would all be in one package. Now, we have a la carte--and it's split up into a lot of different providers. And it starts adding up fast--and your internet speed better be good and you need new TVs

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Another lead and at home..sorry guys this was more like a defeat ...no???
    There is a part in this machine that either needs to be replaced or get fixed...ohhhhh if they can finally find what's missing...what separates us from the heavyweights.....despite our total tactical genius and superiority...i mean scoring against real and with a clean sheet is in itself a huge improvement...but what's more of a miracle is being 3 goals ahead and settling with a draw

12. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only 2 goals ahead. Unless you are counting the Inter game....

13. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Am confused ken sorry....my English let's say needs a major overhaul

But the it wasn't all negative...b/c these boys are now very confident that they can move out of the gruop stage and compete at eye level with heavyweights such as Milan and Real

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, i had to see the highlights on some weird Arabic channel...maybe they didnt show the clips in order?

15. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was following on Kicker....

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ken dont punish me,i know u might get mad..but sometimes we have to go down that path we don't like...some chump from the real side was being a smart ass...like reading our posts on the german side posts and commenting...so i had to spank his cute little TU_H before bed
    copy attached belllow

I normally dont get involved ..but most prob's you are one of those internet macho guys...which turn into a chicken when they get face to face with you!

And u must be a newbie ( b/c if your older and this kind of junk is coming out of your mouth...please get mental help)....know nothing about traditional clubs and culture that runs very deeep we ...we are a KULT....at least we waited 20 years...without a dent in our clubs and football association u guys have to wait till your ECONOMY climbies out of the shitholes of the universe...then u might have the luxury of thinking of football...must have really truly went up there ...where the sun dont shine eh???...when we held you at bay...u guys are a joke..big salaries,money laundry...etc etc...go and drink your cheap wine.

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just remember that the delete key is your friend. But, if he's Spanish, ask him how Spain lost to the US in the Confederations Cup.... :)

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok guys despite the US election and its outcome and HOW MASSIVE of an impact it will have on my country
    I have a question. Let's agree on non of us ( except me that predicted for both games BORUSSIA win or draw) and left it in the hands of my best friend( cause i dunno how these sites work....i wanted him to bet 300 on each game...and what do u know he didn't!!! I asked him bro it was my money to lose....anyways.
    So yea i bet most of you assumed at this point ....if we were lucky super lucky we might have had 1 point if any at all....but now that we were pretty good and especially against Milan we had to put that game to rest....so what's your opinion on the remaining fixtures ??? We all know teams like Milan and REAL can suddenly come back with 3 back to back wins.....I've seen it:(
    But me being me,,,i have a feeling we will move above and beyond this group:)
    Can't wait to read your breakdowns???

:geek::geek::eek::eek::confused::confused:;););):ninja::ninja::speechless::speechless::devilish::devilish::alien::alien::x3::x3::eek::eek:

19. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doop! Doop!

Game is on on something called Gala in Spanish.

20. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a half....

21. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ken remember many years ago...there was this guy on our side of the fence. And when i used to comment( back in the day with more fire) now a bit mellower..about this club and culture should aim for European places he always got into an argument with me and called me something megalomaniac???
    Even i at this point ...in such a group of death..cannot believe my eyes... what's your take on it????

22. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are in a good position to advance. But we may regret giving up that late goal to Madrid. I was hoping for a draw in the Madrid-Inter game. Didn't get it. The real trick is the return leg vs Donetsk at home. The goals we got yesterday do not carry over (though they help with goal difference in the case of a tie in the standings).

23. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have never seen this squad so hungry and focused and dedicated...so i would not see it fr fetched for us to beat a couple of them in the return legs...no??

24. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #24 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Still, on top of the group..which is a miracle, but is it really?? These boys have been playing some decent football against wannabe fat-rich over inflated Diva clubs..the curse of inter Milan was about to break...but somehow they get away with it....fack the FIFA Lobby..guys please correct me if am wrong...after all we learn from each other...no shame in asking for help..here is my argument
    1.A Dutch referee for a German club...wow even the seven dwarfs would have been a better choice for officiating.We all know on the best day ...the Dutch hate us!
    2.Plea's 3 rd goal...i watched it exactly 14 times...in my eyes it was legit
    3.And before they scored their 3rd goal..was that no a clear foul on thuram???

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hope i at least we can return the favoure to REAL and Mr.Z for how "AGAIN" we got screwed on the return leg in the 80's..when we destroyed them in Rhine Dusseldorf Stadion 5-1
    Probably both Ken and lucky remember and know what went down in Spain in our return leg...they destroyed our bus trying to get into their stadium and in the catacombs our players where abused with bottles can's pieces of food etc...and lets not forget that BRUNS was red carded and not in the line up...a red card that was OBVIOUS it was a gift from the ref!
    Man ive waited for this moment for over 2 decades and over
    :devilish::alien::devilish::ninja::ninja::devilish::alien::devilish:

25. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    be careful what you wish for. It is in THIEFA'S best interest for Real to advance..........