Borussia Dortmund vs Stuggart (Pulisic Starts)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by bballshawn, Apr 23, 2016.

1. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luck? Looked to me as if the ball went exactly where he wanted it and at a speed that it would beat the keeper. And, it went in. Don't see why the shot needs a critique.

Woodrow, adi21, DeCoverley and 1 other person repped this.
  2. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    But the shot wasn't big fast and athletic enough!

deejay, lmorin, Bruce S and 1 other person repped this.
  3. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That second goal was a Dempsey-esqe poacher's goal. If he has that type of aggression and reaction in his bag along with his skills and speed on the ball, well, I really don't know how high is ceiling may be.

4. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    That was a tough ball to hit clean and low. Good finish.

5. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I especially liked his foresight to bank it off the keepers leg into the net.

LouisZ and Rahbiefowlah repped this.
  6. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are confusing luck with lucky. The kid struck the ball well there is no luck in that, he just struck it to where the goalie is but was lucky enough the goalie couldn't make a save.

7. Streaky Bacon

Streaky Bacon Member

Apr 11, 2015
  8. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    You must not have seen the original block, for any keeper to react to CP's shot would have required inhuman contortion ability since the keeper was still recovering from the original parry.

9. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I'm getting at is Pulisic gave the keeper a chance (although a small one) when he had the whole goal to aim for.

10. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Wondo had the whole goal to aim at. I wish he would have hit it low and hard.

HouseHead78 repped this.
  11. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Basically, anybody criticizing that finish today, is really missing the point.

HouseHead78 repped this.
  12. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous post. There is nothing to criticize. He signalled for the ball from Mkhitaryan and began his run , Mkhitaryan shot , Pulisic making that run early got him in position to follow the shot and he fired at the rebound low. No time for keeper to react and goal. He did everything right there. There are things to criticize but that goal certainly isn't one of them. I don't even know if I could call it a poacher's goals. If he was just hanging around the box like Mkhitaryan was later on when he scored then yeah I would say it was a poachers goal but he was anticipating the play that followed and his movement was correct.

Rahbiefowlah repped this.
  13. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Agreed. Trying to find fault with him on this play is a special kind of sad.

Greg Heaney and adi21 repped this.
  14. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now we are getting into the "You can't critize LD" realm.

15. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Yea. I think I'm gonna give all
    Pulisic threads some time to be retarded and come back when it's appropriate.

beerslinger23 repped this.
  16. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    #66 beerslinger23, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    You said it...

Frankly I think there are things to be critical about. He seemed lethargic even though he didn't play in the last match. He was muscled off the ball easily and beaten up by a couple defenders but whined to the officials instead of getting a little dirty himself until he earned a yellow so he is naive. I thought he lacked aggression sometimes and was too eager to check at moments he should have pressed forward more, especially in the first half. I can criticize a few things but I thought the goal was well taken is all.

bballshawn repped this.
  17. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No, not at his age. There are certain rules. A certain respect that has to be earned. He needs a couple of years before he starts throwing elbows at grown men.