Pre-match: Borussia Dortmund Vs. Real Madrid | Champions League Final Pre-Match Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nir_O, May 28, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019

• This is a Pre-Match Thread 4 days before the final at Wembley
    • Out players: Tchuameni
    • Real Madrid coming after 2 draws in a row: 4-4 against Villareal and 0-0 against Betis.
    • Dortmund are coming as Underdog and have nothing to loose
    • RM Basketball ball team lost the final in the Euroleague last Sunday (They were clear favourites).
    • RM played just one game in their history at Wembley and they lost the game.
    • Dortmund lost at Wembley vs BM CL final
    • RM won their 8 finals in CL finals 8/8
    This is the thread which we can share thoughts and emotions prior the game.

2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks for starting this i was about to do the same. Edited title.

@MiamiNative0722 can start the game thread on Friday when he gets time. CL Final match thread on BS is more important than your honey moon.

3. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Any prediction ? Thoughts?

4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #4 Shay Z, May 28, 2024
    Last edited: May 28, 2024
    I just hope we win and we don't take BVB lightly. Anything can happen on final day. City and Neverlusen lost their finals against (on paper) inferior teams. We can't let that happen. We have a good record in finals but none of that matters.

Thankfully the team has experienced players who won't let the young guys get too confident or too worried. I just want us to win and for all of us to enjoy it together.

PigBenis, Ssr9, RoadMan and 3 others repped this.
  5. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I said this in a previous thread that the come backs and late winners are fun, but for once I would like an easy and straightforward game. 2-0 at half time and a third goal 15 minutes or so into the second half.

I also said Dortmund for whatever reason, is a team I worry about more other than Manchester City. They will have a nothing to lose attitude and teams that put in the physical effort against us are always dangerous.

PigBenis, RoadMan, RMadrid2222 and 4 others repped this.
  6. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Important to mention Dortmund didn’t played last week and had 14 days to prepare

RoadMan repped this.
  7. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I have a weekend before the weekend, as we'll have an extended holiday starting on Thursday. So, I'll spend Thursday and Friday at the beach with my girlfriend and then return home to watch the game with my dad. You know how slow the days feel when you have something to look forward to on the weekend? That's exactly how I feel. These last couple of days have been SO LONG and SLOW.

However, it will be nice to spend two days without even thinking about this final and then... BAM! UCL final.

RoadMan, Deep Pal and Shay Z repped this.
  8. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably not a great thing to be honest for them, you want to keep that game momentum going and not be out for too long.

It probably won’t really prove a difference maker either way. We know what we have to do, we’re playing a more technically limited side who are however a nicely balanced side. Won’t be easy.

PigBenis, Digital, Anon. and 7 others repped this.
  9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I toyed with the idea of going to London for this match. The ticket price was about 1600-2000 euros for the worst seat in the stadium. I did not mind it since I have accommodation in London and perhaps, some free food and transportation. So the total cost is not that bad. The total cost to see a regular season La liga game with better seat, hotel costs, etc would have been about the same, and I plan to attend a match in the coming season.

However, I recently met and somewhat befriended a former NBA superstar. I will be meeting him this Saturday for an event. I don't have to see him, but I promised to take my son to see him. And this might be his only chance, given that I am not actually a friend of his and my son isn't normally home since he is in college. So I stay home for that.

S1na, Shay Z, PigBenis and 11 others repped this.
  10. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I'm in East London but travelling to Wembley to watch it with my brother who lives right next to the stadium. Going to see if there is a way to sneak in the stadium!

PigBenis, Deep Pal, Digital and 3 others repped this.
  11. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just watched the Netflix last week. It will give your instruction where and how to break in.
    :)

CivilProtection and Deep Pal repped this.
  12. Realist

Realist Member

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2019
    I'm quite worried about this match tbh. First, the players will underestimate BvB, no doubt. Second, missing Tchouameni is huge because he is the glue that sticks midfield to defence and gives us extra protection at the back. Furthermore, we've never lost a match this season when Tchouameni played. I don't trust Camavinga on DM. He's better when we're playing low block because he has the ability to carry the ball with lightning speed. DM is not his natural position and I believe he doesn't feel that comfortable playing there. He will be a liability which BvB will probably try to exploit. Historically, BvB have always given us trouble even when we had better squad than now. We rarely play better when facing a lesser opponent and we step up when we play a better opponent (e.g. Liverpool, PSG, Bayern, etc).
    Against Betis Carlo fielded the same squad as the one who will be starting against BvB. The players looked lethargic, disinterested and the way we play was totally disjoined. I hope that Carlo knows what he's doing.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  13. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    It's not like either team had anything left to play for in their leagues once this match-up was confirmed. All eyes for both have been on the other.

14. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    No joke, I watched this for inspiration. Plan A is to get a high vis vest and spot a celebrity walking in (like Rooney did) and just follow them in. Plan B is to squeeze in behind someone at the gate. Plan C is to jump in a garbage bin being transferred into the stadium. Plan D is to do the sensible thing and just watch it at my brothers house.

Deep Pal and Excape Goat repped this.
  15. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I live in West London, and was planning on going to watch the match by sourcing a ticket, even if it costed 2,000+ Euros
    The only problem is that I didn't know how to source a ticket and if it's a re-sell, how do I know it's not a fake, or if it wouldn't be valid since I'm not the original owner of the ticket. All of these "ifs and buts" put me off getting a ticket, even though I was prepared to pay the amount.

Shay Z, Deep Pal, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  16. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Best thing is to use a reseller site like Stubhub - you'll pay 10x the cost of a ticket but it will be genuine and you'll have money back guarantee if it all goes to cock.

Edit: I discussed with my Mrs to see if they can live without food for a month if I buy a ticket, it was concluded as they could not :D

17. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
  18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Try this.

https://ticket-compare.com/football...-_Rg85qhAO9g8T3AspvYdVBYPJgF-HckaAklOEALw_wcB

Anon. repped this.
  19. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is crazy!

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lunin will only travel on Saturday apparently provided he fully recovers.

Excape Goat repped this.
  21. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Makes perfect sense though, the risk to the other players travelling on the same plane, etc. would be high.

22. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carlo seamlessly avoids having to explain at every presser who he'll choose in the final :D

Deep Pal repped this.
  23. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Yea thats "convenient".

24. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Tibo was always starting anyway.

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and Anon. repped this.