Borussia Dortmund 2014-15 General Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by chewz, Jun 24, 2014.

?

How Will Borussia Dortmund Fare In The 2014-15 Bundesliga Season?

1. We will win the title comfortably!

12.3%
  2. We will sneak in and steal the title under Pep's nose

20.0%
  3. We will finish second, narrowly behind Bayern Munich

9.2%
  4. We will finish second a large margin away from Munich

13.8%
  5. We will finish second, but Bayern ain't winning the title this year... uhm okay, whatever you say.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. We will finish third, still a CL spot

6.2%
  7. We will finish fourth, having to go through a CL play-off fixture

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. We will finish fifth or sixth, ok Europa League is still better than no Europe matches I guess

7.7%
  9. We will finish between seventh and ninth, top half of the table at least...

6.2%
  10. We will finish between tenth and thirteenth, wait this is the bottom half of the table...

1.5%
  11. We will finish fourteenth or fifteenth, how badly did we do to be in a regulation battle?

1.5%
  12. We will finish sixteenth, we're in the regulation playoff with some second division squad,Seriously?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. We will finish seventeenth or eighteenth, (relegation) how the f*ck did we end up here?

15.4%
  14. Don't know, don't care, just let the season start already

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Just finish above Schalke

6.2%
  1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I had suspected this about Stark a few years back but didn't know it was true:

http://www.wiso.uni-hamburg.de/fileadmin/vwl/industrieoekonomik/Team/Steffi/individual_01.pdf

"One highlight of the referee discussion is the decision of the German Football Association (DFB) that the German referee Wolfgang Stark is not appointed for further matches from Borussia Dortmund in season 2012/13. Reason for this decision was the suspicion that this referee is biased, because there were too many dubious decisions from Wolfgang Stark to the detriment of Borussia Dortmund."

Gundogan92 repped this.
  2. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    A random nobody watching the game on the tely could tell u that

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The refs have a tough job so I innately give them the benefit of the doubt, or at the very least I want to.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We're facing 1899 Hoffenheim in the next round of the Pokal.

Vlad S. repped this.
  5. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm glad the DFB takes notice of these things.

6. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Is Stark the ref that gave the Pokal to BAyern last season?

7. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
  8. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  9. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    [​IMG]

10. RomárioBVB

RomárioBVB Member

Feb 18, 2015
    It's a very thin line between bias and just plain incompetency when it comes to referees, I always thought the latter was more likely the case with Starke but wouldn't have been surprised to see the former being true either especially after that Wolfsburg game in 2012 where he blatantly robbed us of points with that ridiculous PK/red card decision against Schmelzer.

11. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Important detail is that we play at home.
    Bayern away to Leverkusen
    Wolfsburg home vs Freiburg
    Gladbach away to Arminia Bielefild

bvbSlash and Dave46 repped this.
  12. POGBA100

POGBA100 Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Hello, can anybody offer any advice on how I can obtain tickets for a @BVB home game in April (such as Frankfurt at home)??!! How realistic is it that I can get some on the German Dortmund website (Eventerim) or whatever it's called.
    Also when will the definite date be made for the fixture? at moment is showing Friday night I think but is not "fixed" according to Bundesliga site!

13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    His performance over the years is littered with controversy. Granted I did feel a bit biased in the Argentina - Chile match a few years back but then there was that Inter - Chelsea debacle. He's not an incompetent referee. Just seems very biased. The kind of bias that's motivated by money ;)

14. cortisoljunkie

Jun 24, 2014
    melancholy hill
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    If you keep checking here, once the date for the game is settled, they will put up the date that tickets go on sale to public (if any): http://www.bvb.de/Tickets/Vorverkauf

Assuming you are not a member, as soon as the remaining tickets for non-members go on sale slam your refresh button on the ticket page like a nut case. Because, in the event there are tickets left - usually 100 or so - they will be gone in a minute, tops. But for big games there are never any after remaining members who are not season ticket holders have had priority). Speaking from experience - I'm feeling like a seasoned ticket hunter now :rolleyes:. And now with the resurgence in form, and the weather is also becoming more tourist friendly....

The problem with this game in April, even if it isn't against a rival team or what some clubs could call a Grade A/1 game (i.e. Bayern, Schalke, Leverkusen, BMG etc...), is that it will be around this time BVB will be in a hell of a fight for a CL spot (4, 3, 2) on the table and everyone will want to be there to support them. SGE also packs a hell of a travelling contingent not just in the away area so you're gonna be fighting with these guys too for tickets :p

Good luck. If all else fails, you can fork out a ridiculous amount on Viagogo :oops:

POGBA100 repped this.
  15. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  16. POGBA100

POGBA100 Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nice one! Yeah I expected it would be difficult!
    I have also contacted the London Dortmund Supporters club. They are doing a trip to Wolfsburg vs Dortmund and had tickets available recently so have asked them about that as well

17. POGBA100

POGBA100 Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Will Reus be rested this weekend against Koln? We may go to this game as supporters club have offered us tickets for it, but im guessing players will be rested with one eye on Juve game?

18. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why would they do that?

19. POGBA100

POGBA100 Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Cos they are losing 2-1 to Juve and it is a much much bigger game than Koln in league and only 3 days later?! Reus had a knock going in to Hamburg game and played 90 mins, they may be worried about fatigue/him gettin injured.

20. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm just thinking that the BL is their priority.

21. POGBA100

POGBA100 Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It may well be. I guess they are only 6 points clear of relegation still so need keep taking BL seriously.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  22. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Score quick 2 goals and rest Reus foor Juve game.

23. RomárioBVB

RomárioBVB Member

Feb 18, 2015
    If we finish 7th, we'll qualify for the Europa League as long as a team that's already made it to Europe through their league position win the Pokal, which is likely to happen as 4 of the top 6 (Bayern, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen, and Gladbach) are all still active in it.

24. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I believe they eliminated that rule to the team now needing to win and not just make the final.

25. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The 7th placed team in the league goes to the Europea League instead of the losing finalist now.