Borussia Dortmund 2014-15 General Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by chewz, Jun 24, 2014.

?

How Will Borussia Dortmund Fare In The 2014-15 Bundesliga Season?

1. We will win the title comfortably!

12.3%
  2. We will sneak in and steal the title under Pep's nose

20.0%
  3. We will finish second, narrowly behind Bayern Munich

9.2%
  4. We will finish second a large margin away from Munich

13.8%
  5. We will finish second, but Bayern ain't winning the title this year... uhm okay, whatever you say.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. We will finish third, still a CL spot

6.2%
  7. We will finish fourth, having to go through a CL play-off fixture

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. We will finish fifth or sixth, ok Europa League is still better than no Europe matches I guess

7.7%
  9. We will finish between seventh and ninth, top half of the table at least...

6.2%
  10. We will finish between tenth and thirteenth, wait this is the bottom half of the table...

1.5%
  11. We will finish fourteenth or fifteenth, how badly did we do to be in a regulation battle?

1.5%
  12. We will finish sixteenth, we're in the regulation playoff with some second division squad,Seriously?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. We will finish seventeenth or eighteenth, (relegation) how the f*ck did we end up here?

15.4%
  14. Don't know, don't care, just let the season start already

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Just finish above Schalke

6.2%
  1. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Subotic was asked about the differences between TT and klopp and he said klopp a practices were all focused on defense (yet we still sucked :confused:) while TT's practices thus far have all been focused on the ball and passing.

I'm now picturing every single practice with klopp as a uberpress session no wonder we all got injured so often

chewz and Gundogan92 repped this.
  2. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    [​IMG]
    Player of the season 2014/2015
    No complaints there...

3. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Apparently Gundogan got some jeers and whistles during his introduction at team intro today.....

4. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Yes he did. It's not nice though.

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you fukking kidding? It's completely deserved. He has only himself to blame for his current predicament.

6. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That may be true - but I don't agree with jeering the guy at this point.

Bk77 and Dave46 repped this.
  7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's bullcrap. At least Ilklay had the decency to extend his contract so BVB could get something afterwards. I respect him for that. He doesn't deserve this treatment.

Dave46 and Liquid1010 repped this.
  8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You'd agree if you paid for Sky Deutschland, bought merchandise and season tickets. Disloyalty is almost impossible to forgive. Just look at everybody else with Götze.

9. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wat!? What in the world does a subscription to Sky Deutschland have to do with this?

As MS said above, at he least he wants to ensure the club gets something for him. I wouldn't cheer FOR him, but I wouldn't jeer him.

chewz repped this.
  10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What I meant is that by investing more financially, these folks expect more from these players. So while MS thinks he's decent and you won't cheer him, they expect loyalty to the club colours from the players. A lot of these fans don't just whip out their computers, find a stream and start watching in Alberta or BC. They travel from Dortmund or Warsaw or Berlin or London etc. They plan weeks ahead to show up for matches. So when one of the players strategically treats them as a cash cow I understand if they jeer him.

11. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    You are harsh on Gundo, come on.

12. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Kinda on the fence for this issue, but I'm leaning towards Slash on this one. For one I think Gundogan is a proper c*nt for the way he treated the club. While I disagree booing players on the pitch for underperforming ala Madrid-Bale boos. If a team is booed after the game after a shite performance then I can understand, but never during (except Gotze)

So for me during a team intro is neither harsh or entirely deserved either. Doesn't matter what sort of fans, or what they think of him. He mistreated the club, and the fans should be able to show their discontent at what he did. Ranting at him through an internet forum isn't going to get to him to see what an a**hole he is. Yeah he extended, but really did he have any better options? He wants game time, and with a year left on his contract, had I'd been Tuchel, I'd honestly bench his sorry a** for the year for his behaviour. The club stood by him and he still goes shops around for a club, only to come back with his tail between his legs. I really doubt he extended his contract at Dortmund for some sort of common decency and respect to the club, but more an insurance policy should he not be able to break into the squad next season.

I dunno, sure its not nice or anything, but I feel fans act as if other fans are spoiled if they boo their club. Had I been a Scheisse fan I'd sure as hell want to make my grievances to the upper management heard.

Bk77 and Liquid1010 repped this.
  13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For me it's purely self interest. He didn't get the salary he wanted. So to remedy that he knew he'd get first team selection at Dortmund therefore he'd get playing time amongst a familiar group to improve and prove himself that he's worth the big bucks. Talking about Dortmund getting the transfer fee is a convenient way to make himself look good.

What he should have done is signed a long - term extension and then have a handshake agreement with Watzke to let him go if a suitable offer came in next year. This is what happened with Kagawa who had 2 years left on his contract.

Castro and Bender being pissed is justified and those whistles and jeers are rightly deserved.

14. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    BVB fans should not be booing any of their players. This isn't Real Madrid

I think TT's response to the booing was correct. I'm paraphrasing but he basically said that yes, given the way the media portrayed the Gundo issue he could understand why some sections would boo him, but in reality Gundo did not behave the way the media has made out...and I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Gundo has never made a secret of wanting to move on, and him re-signing allows us to try and get decent money which he has stated on numerous occasions (and has been discussed several times).

Lewandowski screwed the club and held us to ransom.
    As for the slob, it's not worth talking about him anymore

Liquid1010 and Bk77 repped this.
  15. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Gundo isn't being loyal. But why do we expect him to be? He has extended once before with us, and he is doing at again. It's annoying, but he isn't being a c*nt about it. If he refused to extend and leave on a free, then he would be a massive dildo

Dave46 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  16. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Ok, that's a possibility, I don't think that happened but it is not too far fetched. The issues here is that, management can not force him to sign a three year deal. Instead of a handshake, maybe a release clause could have been used. But, imagine the outcry had management resorted to a release clause!! They have stated in the past that they won't use them anymore.

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lots of clubs use release clauses. The problem is Watzke doesn't know how to use one and more importantly our position in football puts us in an awkward position if we do. On top of that Ilkay is a streaky player so negotiating one with him would be difficult.

18. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

I know. I think a release clause would have been the only way Gundo's camp would have accepted a long term deal. If I were Gundo's agent I would be more open to a release clause than a handshake deal. Didn't Lewandoswski's agent have a whinge about the club allegedly breaking a handshake deal?

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So can you see why I blame our management? Their screw up with Lewandowski has handicapped them with another player 3 years later.

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What exactly was their screw-up with Lewa?

Liquid1010 repped this.
  21. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #2496 bvbSlash, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    In March 2012, Watzke offered Lewandowski a contract that he refused right away. He didn't say why or reveal the financials but Maik Barthel said it wasn't befitting his talent and potential (as much as I despise his agent, he was lowballed.....ridiculously). That summer SAF came calling and apparently their offer was pretty decent but JK refused to sell and for good reason. Watzke sauntered over in August and offered a little bit more but it was basically still an insult. By the end of the year our performances were so good that Madrid had come in with an offer and a really good salary but Watzke refused again. I think Lewandowski originally wanted to play in the PL and for United where he was guaranteed a starting spot but was pissed because Dortmund stalled and they got RvP instead. After this, a lot of speculation takes over. I think Lewandowski nearing his prime and recognizing that Dortmund weren't going to pay him what he deserved wanted to leave ASAP and when that didn't come to fruition he stabbed us in the back by signing with Bayern. The icing on the cake was when Watzke refused to sell him because tunnelcunt triggered his release clause. Madrid most certainly would have paid him more but it wouldn't have been that much more but he knew he would be in Ronaldo's shadow and they weren't going to guarantee him a starting spot even after getting rid of Benzema or Higuain. He didn't have any of those problems at Bayern and scoring against Dortmund certainly sounded like a good idea.

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's not a screw-up...that is the way the negotiations are done. He wanted to go to where there was more money available. He wanted to go to his dad's favorite club of all time.

Besides, you have so much personal speculation in your narrative it almost sounds like you wrote a Bollywood script out of it to make more drama of what was a really simply ordeal. He wanted out. He wanted more money. He wanted to go to Bayern. He wanted more titles. Nothing BvB management could have done was going to keep him at Dortmund.

P to the Wee repped this.
  23. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If that's the way negotiations are done then how come more players worth 50-60M aren't going over to arch rivals for free?
    If we could have done nothing how come our negotiations with him didn't take on the same script as Sahin and Kagawa, both of whom simply didn't negotiate. They both said right away that they wanted to play at another club.

Don't ask me what happened and then respond to my post by saying it's my personal narrative. If you've been such an ardent fan of the club you should know or remember what happened. FFS!

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Most arch rivals are on an even playing field...BvB and Bayern - are not. Bayern are the top while we are merely a stepping stone for many professionals. Once you can accept that - you'll do fine.

I'm asking because I thought you'd be kind enough to remind us of what happened....I thought I missed something. Instead, it was your "Oliver Stone" version of the events.

25. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wasn't even thinking about Bayern. Rather I was thinking about clubs that are in our tier financially like Juventus, Arsenal, Liverpool, Milan. When do these clubs give away their best players for free? Are these clubs still widely recognized as stepping stones?

By saying that he wanted to screw us over by playing for Bayern isn't really an Oliver Stone version. If anything a lot of players do that on a regular basis. Mostly ex-Arsenal players nowadays.