Borussia Dortmund 2013-2014 General Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How Will Borussia Dortmund Do In The 2013-2014 Bundesliga Season?

1. BVB will take back the title from Pep's Bayern team!

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. BVB will finish in second place by a huge margin again.

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. BVB will finish in second place by a close margin.

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. BVB will finish in third place, still making the CL.

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. BVB will finish in fourth place. Go into CL qualifying.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. BVB will finish between fifth or sixth, making the Europa League.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. BVB will finish between seventh and tenth place.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. BVB will be finish between eleventh and fifteenth place. (Really?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. BVB will be in the relegation playoff. (Really?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. BVB will be relegated. (Are you f#cking kidding?)

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  11. I don't know. I just want the season to start!

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, I guess that one can't be blamed on me........... ;) :D

(Away again)

2. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Away again?? I'll summon Hall & Oates then.

Footy come back, any kind of fool could see
    There was something in everything about you
    Footy come back, you can blame it all on me
    I was wrong and I just can't live without you

chewz, Berchtesgaden and Bazi repped this.
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Kuba back on the field training.

[​IMG]

Happy Birthday to Lukasz!

[​IMG]

chewz repped this.
  4. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Noticed that Lukasz piszczu's birthday was today

Kuba being back in training after 5 months is great news, hopefully no complications. Next Subotic. Bender and Kehl are close to being back yes?

MatthausSammer repped this.
  5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why are they all looking at his ass. This is very awkward.

6. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One of them is taking a photo of his ass too. He has a nice ass though, can't blame them.

7. ChampionLeaguer5000

May 2, 2014
    Kuba back just in time for WC :(

8. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    ???
    He's training, not necessarily means he's ready to play yet, I'd say another month until he can play. Plus it's not like Poland qualified anyway, so we don't have to worry about him re-injuring it in a match. I would really question Poland's NT coach's judgement if he tries to get Kuba to play some meaningless friendlies, but from what I know, they don't play until the euro 2016 qualifiers. But I wouldn't be surprised if the idiot that is the Polish NT coach would attempt it, based off his past decisions.

9. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

the club can block players from international friendlies can't they?

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's fairly complex. The player needs the club doctor's certificate which is taken to the NT doctor for validation. It's a very slippery slope especially if the player wants to play for the NT. Recall Oranje vs. Bayern over Robben.

11. BVB Previ

BVB Previ Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Malta
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    From Ruhrnachrichten;

Deutsche Bank an Einstieg beim BVB interessiert

Frankfurt/Dortmund Dem BVB winkt eine neue Einnahmequelle. Medienberichten zufolge ist die Deutsche Bank an einem Einstieg bei Borussia Dortmund interessiert, im Gespräch sei eine Beteiligung von zehn Prozent. Die Idee: Der BVB soll finanziell mit dem FC Bayern München mithalten können.

Medienberichte: Deutsche Bank an Einstieg beim BVB interessiert - Ruhr Nachrichten - Lesen Sie mehr auf:

hmmmmm

Mosan and Berchtesgaden repped this.
  12. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Interesting. Shares up around 10% today. We are getting added to the SDAX so that explains some of the move, but the rumor is clearly in the market.

13. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So when are they doing the capital increase?

14. Lubomir Botev

Lubomir Botev Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    is this good for Borussia

15. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    This is very good news. It could potentially solidify our long term plan of becoming and maintaining our status as a top european club in the vein of fcb, utd, barca ...this development is as exciting as signing some world class player (well, almost).
    Heja BVB
    stern des nordens (apologies to fcb) :D:p

16. Lubomir Botev

Lubomir Botev Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Is it confirmed,and can you explain more about this investment

17. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    nothing confirmed yet, as in no deal has yet been struck. Also not really very much detail. However, it does say that DB are interested in a 10% share of BVB.

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/un...-deutsche-bank-erwaegt-einstieg-a-973694.html

according to this (above link, sorry, also in German. I can't find anything about it in English), both the bank and BVB Mgt are staying tight lipped on the matter. I'm a little ignorant when it comes to matters of markets, finance and business etc. We saw recently Audi and Allianz do some mega deals with FCB. However, were they sponsorship deals or did they buy into the club? As Dortmund is a publicly listed company on the DAX, does this make it harder or easier for (or rather more or less attractive) for investors?

18. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Audi and Allianz bought just over 8% of FCB each.

FCB is structured differently than we are however. (Note I am not remotely qualified to explain German corporate structures in detail.)

Take the following with a huge grain of salt.

FCB is set up as an AG which I believe means Audi and Allianz have more say in the running of the club. BVB is set up as a KGaA or type of limited partnership which generally limits the amount of influence someone like Deutsche Bank would have in the running of the club. I don't know if we can do anything to make it more appealing to a large corporation given our structure. This among other reasons is why a stake in BVB would fetch far less than one in FCB. Overall, its still good that our management it seeking out additional investors to raise the financial profile of the club.

swit0539 repped this.
  19. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    my irish friend getting all excited about a friendly we r playing in august againts liverpool, any1 know anything about it, just find it odd since buli kicks off more of less in first week of august

20. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    nvm found it myself, its on 10th of august in anfield

21. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Cheers Berchtes
    that's good info

22. Nick (SATVLog)

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think its time that Dortmund work with a back 3 or 4-3-3

- After the Success of Dortmund and Atletico using the 4-4-2 with the high defensive line and the CF pulled deep next to the #10...I think that will be the primary tactic for mid-lower level clubs as you can build a team off of energy, effort, and limited technical ability: having a formation that is based around a Back 3...with Sokratis, Hummels, and Subotic or a back 3 with Subotic, Hummels with Bender/Kehl/Ginter (ALSO CAN PLAY A 4-3-3 With the Holding Midfielder dropping deep in possession) as the cover CF Dortmund would have the extra CB to bring the ball out of the back and with WBs instead of FBs and the opposition Central Midfielders being covered Dortmund would have a 3 vs. 2 advantage in defending the counter attack.

23. Leadcomic

Leadcomic Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Long Island
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I heard the DB deal fell thru because they valued us at 235 million while we saw ourselves at 500 (which I agree) so the buy in would be 50 mil instead of 23.5. But they might come back with another partner or two. They want to do something similar to what Bayern has with Audi, Adidas, and Allianz. Imo we should do everything possible to get this deal done if they raise their offer. Offer them stupid shit like training kit sponsorship (works for Man U) or 20 Jurgen Klopp/BVB sponsorship commercials to sweeten the deal. Having a huge German business like Deutsche Bank and friend(s) invest into shares will inject big money and solidify us for years.

I think a lot of this is coming from the fact that I read we decided to upgrade our stock to "prime" on the Frankfurt exchange. This means we need to be more transparent and offer quarterly reports but in doing so it makes us more investor friendly and was a prerequisite for being admitted to the SDAX index. This combined with the DB rumors is probably why BVB shares have soared from 3.8 to 4.7 in the past week, a 23% price jump. A lot of huge things happening to BVB financially this past week, exciting times.

This summer has already been great but (pipe dream here) if we seal this DB deal, get rid of Reus' release clause, and sign Ginter and Kagawa then you can say this has been best summer window in BVB history. Realistically tho, DB deal prob next summer, Ginter next summer too, and who the hell knows with Kagawa and Reus and what's going on in their heads.

bvbSlash repped this.
  24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL 235M! Is this a joke? That's how much revenue we generated last year. I get that there are lots of variables that go into determining a company's NPV but equating it to it's last year's top line is stupid. Why bother if you're not interested in buying?

You're suggestions are quite noteworthy.

25. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There's an inherent problem with this. I played in youth setup in 2 different continents and none of the coaches taught a 3 man-backline. If I may extrapolate this to the rest of the world, this means that there are very few natural wingbacks who are bred to play with a 3 man backline from a young age. On the contrary, full backs are taught to play with wide attacking midfielders or even wingers at their early stages in damn near every football country. This is compounded by the fact that a midfield trio is taught to play as a unit against a packed midfield and wide attackers from deep. We musn't forget that both our likely fullbacks next year, Piszczek and Durm are converted strikers. If you leave them out as wing backs there's a good chance they'll get roasted against a well-drilled 4-2-3-1.