Boro

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Frankfurt Blue, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    http://www.mcfc.co.uk/article.asp?article=240877&Title=Sit+down+at+the+Boro

If you are going to City's Premiership clash at Middlesbrough next Monday remember that you must remain seated during the game.
    Blues fans travelling to the away match at Middlesbrough on 6th December are being warned not to stand throughout the game otherwise the club may face action from the Football Licensing Authority.

Under the recommendations made in the Taylor Report, standing terracing has been removed from all Premiership stadia and fans are required to remain seated throughout the game.

The club has received a letter from the Middlesbrough Council Safety Advisory Group warning that should our fans once again stand throughout the game, as occurred in last season’s fixture, the club’s allocation of tickets will be reduced for our next visit.

"Persistent standing during matches is a hot topic in football at the moment and the Football Licensing Authorities are cracking down on clubs whose supporters continue to ignore ground and safety regulations," says Peter Fletcher, Stadium and Safety Manager at the City of Manchester Stadium.

"It is imperative that our fans travelling to this, or indeed any fixture, give a good account of the Club and comply with all safety requirements, for both their sake and the sake of the Club."

-------------------------------------------------------------

This is getting ridiculous.

2. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
  3. Colin Bell the King

Colin Bell the King New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Wythenshawe
    Yeah I heard about the standing thing. I'm going to the game (As usual, lol) and I'd bet that the whole crowd will stand, just for the hell of it. Only games we've not stood at is Birmingham (reduced crowd due to it being 40 quid a ticket) and Southampton where it was too early to be bothered. Everywhere else its been standing.

United and Newcastle have also have allocations cut, and I can think of several other teams who would have thiers cut too, namely Liverpool, Tottenham and Norwich City. Its a pile of bollocks really, just the suits trying to force us into the NFL style of support.

'Stand up if you love City'. :D

4. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm listening to the game on MCFC radio, and they did make passing mention of sitting order....and that everyone in the City section was standing. :)