Boro Are Crap - Discuss

Discussion in 'England Rivalries' started by jumhed, Nov 5, 2004.

1. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    1. Hardly ever sell-out their stadium, even when doing okay.

2. Consistently pay ridiculous wages to oldies, or players who just don't care.

2. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    People in glass houses.... :D

3. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Hello jumhed, you don't learn my deluded friend do you?

Please take off your clubshop hat and go back to supporting a much better team. I here Leyton Orient are quite good.

What was the score today mate? oh yes 3-2 home defeat to Charlton, the same side that is crap away form home and the very same team we beat at the Valley.

Allow me to give you a lecture, I know it won't be long - don't worry some kind person will be along in a minute to take you back to the nursing home. Don't worry.

* Spurs haven't accomplished anything, and yet their fans believe they are a great team - You're not. Even Charlton, Blackburn and Birmingham are in the same boat as you.

* We don't sell out our stadium.......hmmmmmm. Well put - you complete moron. That is because the last time I looked Middlesbrough didn't have the population of London. And we still get more at the Riverside than at White Hart Lane.....lol.

* We can win in Europe. What happened with your journey into Europe. Concedeing two goals in injury-time at Kaiserlautern. Well done. You truely are world beaters. :rolleyes:

* We have a mix of experienced pros - ALONG with several YOUNG, ENGLISH players who are from the area. Do you have players from your youth system in the side, playing week in week out. errrrr. Jackson and King? Big wow.
    Downing, McMahon, Morrisson, Graham, Parnaby. Some part of the Youth cup winning side. Did you ever win this? Thought not.

* We don't claim to be a BIG side. But YOU do. You think you are capable of achieving Arsenal's level. Don't make me laugh. We love sticking one up the toon, but we still know our place and we respect that. We would never start dreaming beyond our expectations.

* We aren't morose, overally ambitious and blood-sucking fans. And we don't have a chairman who tries to implement european styles and naff appointments - read - Christian Gross.

* You take about wages. What about your squad? It is twice the size of ours. Players on high wages who don't perform and have been sold on because they were crap - what about - Brown, Carrick, Bujevicic, Acimovic, Blondel, Postiga and even before that you ahd Anderton on your wage bill.

Shall I go on? Rebrov, Sheringham, Ferdinand......

In short you are a jealous, snide a idiotic supporter who loves nothing in trying to bring rising clubs down with you. You are on the down and we are on the up and you just can't admit it. A club like Middlesbrough is outdoing you. And its all beacuse of people like you, who still believe in the achievements that half's its fans can't remember in the 1960's. Go and support some other team or just stop bothering teams beyond your level. Quite frankly you don't even deserve to call yourself a fan. I would worry more about why your manager left after 5 months, than what we are doing.

Up the Boro! :D

PS - Have a look at the league table, before you post mate - you really do want to embarras yourself don't you......lol.

4. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

Well and truely served!

5. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Heh heh. We'll wait 'til the end of the season before we pass judgement on each other. In truth, my initial reaction to my posting of this thread was 'I must've had an acid flashback when I typed that! Am I insane?' So yeah, I'm kind of setting myself up for a pasting (pasteing? eh?).

But as I said, we'll see at the end of the season. It's all swings and roundabouts. Honestly, you win your first ever trophy of note, beat a (admittedly big) Italian team in terminal decline, and suddenly you're getting uppity! At least Spurs fans have a reason (albeit an old one) for unrealistic expectations! :p

Seriously though, all the best to Boro. They're not a bad team, and they're at least going in the right direction, eh?

6. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    :D

7. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    heh heh. I actually didn't read any of the above Boro fans posts, but I can imagine what they've written. So yeah, RETRACT RETRACT RETRACT! :D

Now, on the other hand, if they were Southampton fans...... :p

8. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't mind Boro, they did get a full house against Lazio and there attendences are higher than they were last season i beleive, the club is run well.

9. London Wanka

London Wanka Red Card

Nov 11, 2004
    London
    Our reserves beat them the other day. I don't actually have much against Boro - I do dislike their neighbours Newcastle, though. Also a swaving grace for 'Boro is that Harry Pearson - the fella who wrote the fabulous "The Far Corner" - is a 'Boro fan. :)

10. Colin Bell the King

Colin Bell the King New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Wythenshawe
    Plus they only charge away fans 23 quid a ticket, unlike the rip off merchants at the Lane.

11. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    We'll see. But I still feel that your comments were way off the mark, especially coming from a Spurs fan..... :rolleyes:

12. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

*sigh* Great game today...............................

13. tomas_brolin

tomas_brolin Member

Jan 27, 2004
    Geneva, IL
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    grr i was gonna say that!!! but from the 'wise' words of eric cartman "you just got f'ed in the A" :p

but i am a spurs fan tho but u did get served. and thank god for the win!!!

14. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I love this forum lol. I didn't realise just how moronic it really was.

For example one thread is titled "Let's bash Millwall".

That had me in pieces!

15. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Boro are crap. I agree.

16. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

Newcastle are 12th.

17. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Your point being? For the first time in ages you have been in the top half of the table before Chrismas. Well Done sunshine. There is a lot of football to be played between now and 14th May.

18. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

But your lot look like a pack of headless chickens, while we play neat football with a cutting edge and it doesn't look like changing over night, especially with the truely awe inspiring Graham Souness

19. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Granted. Sir Bob for Souness was a mistake. But we always come good. Just need rid of the Spice Boys.

20. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

You do?

21. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I have to admit that Steve Gibson is an awesome Chairman. In fact, I think he has OCD.

Boro's fans on the other hand, are crap. They wait over 100 years for their first trophy, get into Europe, and then don't go to the games. Seriously, the swathes of empty seats around the stadium on TV was as embarrassing as a Job pass or shot. Good team, great chairman, shite fans.

22. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Steve Gibsons is like Sir Jonn Hall was like to NUFC in the 90's. Cant fault Mr Gibson. The empty seats were shocking though imo.

23. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

there was 25000 empty seats at your place.

Pot kettle black.....

24. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

To be honest, we had already qualified prior to kick off, and 21000 is only about 7000 short of our average gate (while geordies were 20000 odd off it), concidering they only had like 200 fans, mainly due to the fact they were not allowed in due to lack of visas etc, most were imagrants who already live in England.

Who even cares though, sad that spurs fans are lowering themselves to the levels of jawdies and thier "we beat your fan count" method of trying to compare ACTUAL football game results.

25. Mel B

Mel B Red Card

Nov 10, 2004
    South Shields UK
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Was that the away section sunshine. ;)