Borgetti's Debut [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by FMF_LFP, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    Because Sam plays for the league, he experiments with players in the cups, he wants cup runs and in Borgettu hes found a striker he can play in cups and hopefully win games with, if you havent noticed but hes rotating the squad and starting players like Borgetti in cup games, any probs with Davies and he will reverse the roles.

2. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    Yeah I can see that completely mate, I would just love to see more of Borgetti in the Premier League,,,,,,,, Just pateince I guess and also Sam wants to look more into Borgetti and Big Sam..... I was quite annoyed when Allerdyce didnt try out Borgetti and played him in the Chelsea game

3. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A couple of days ago he was quoted in LA Opinion that he had to be patient, work hard on the field and NOT ASK VERBALLY to be a starter, he must be learning some patience ( he's also missing carne asada and empanadas de pachuca) :D

4. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    yunno id, like to say that thats because Sam doesnt like to change the formula on a big test day or that he didnt want to over play Borgetti and risk loosing another player to injury. But what supprised me about the Chelsea game was that he did, not with borgetti but with faye, opted to play him over nakata, that really supprised me. Given time im sure if he carries on playing like this he will give him a try out in the prem i think you may have to wait till christmas though. Fixture list goes mental at that point injuries poor in and players like borgetti become gold dust, after chrimbo Davies may be rested in favour of Borgetti too although davies was rested last year im not too sure what with the fixture list being so intesive.

Anyway maby borgetti will be the man to take us to UEFA cup victory :p

5. socksgov

socksgov New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    california
    I have only seen a couple of bolton games but just looking at production, 1 goal in ten league games plus some minutes elsewhere isnt exactly great for a striker

6. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    he hasnt played alot compadre

7. sizal9

sizal9 Member+

Mexico
    Aug 24, 2005
    R U talking about Davies?

8. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes cuz Borgetti hasn't play 10 league games yet. I think. :p

9. Atlas10

Atlas10 Member+

Jun 18, 2005
    high in the sky!
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Time for a new thread.

10. sizal9

sizal9 Member+

Mexico
    Aug 24, 2005
    Why :confused:

11. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Is Nakata a starter? was he contracted to add depth to the squad or did he come in to replace someone?

12. mphoenix

mphoenix New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Horwich, Bolton
    Yes, he's replacing someone, Speed and Okocha are both injured so he and Nolan both started

13. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    Yup hes a starter like mphoenix said only because we have lots of injuries however now hes playing well in the first team its possible he may take a back seat in the cup runs. Now Okocha and Speed will have to justify replace him, i think Speed will move straight back in (Joey O'Brien acting more as a direct substitute for him although in the last game i think he played left back) Alladyce sees him as his main man, but Okocha will have to prove himself more with his lapse in form.

14. sizal9

sizal9 Member+

Mexico
    Aug 24, 2005
    Borgetti: 210 minutes 2 goals
    Davies: 900 minutes 1 goal. :D

15. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    Also, Both of Borgetti's goals were huge.

1 game winner in stoppage time (first bolton uefa win), and one equalizer to salvage a point.

16. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    Davies has two Assists too, stop looking at paper and watch the quality of play, Davies is a team player and has a high contribution to the team, Borgetti is starting to get used to playin our way. Also i can tell you now there is no way Borgetti will ever play every game for bolton so stop with the stupid 'why didnt he play that one?' thing

17. jmarquez1976

jmarquez1976 New Member

May 5, 2005
    No muerdas!

Davies sucks balls...and not just particularly big ones.

18. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    It's not looking on paper, It's analyzing the circumstances.

Borgetti gets no playing time and has scored more than Davies.

Borgetti's goals were huge for Bolton and clutch.

Davies is shite.

19. Nixon

Nixon New Member

May 23, 2005
    Manchester
    Jesus have you guys even watched a game where hes played?? Most of you are more conserned about Borgetti than the club, the amount of time people have made mistakes regrading players names positions etc kinda points to that anyway. Davies has done more for this club than Borgetti will ever do he has a poor last touch but is a fighter and a the most determined player we have, are you forgettin how the introduction of him and Davies turned the Plodiv game round???

20. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Read this thread then get back to me.

21. ChcgoStingInMyBlood

Jun 15, 2005
    Playing time for Borgetti with Bolton...

Why is Jared getting little to no playing time for Bolton, other than the obvious 'he's from over the pond so stick him on the bench' which happens to the Yanks too of course. I've watched a few games and I can tell you that he is a lot better option than some of the starters IMHO.

Just wondering (ha-ha) if anybody had anything specific about his playing time.

22. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998
    Re: Playing time for Borgetti with Bolton...

borgetti is just stuck on a team that signed him for added depth. He was not signed to start right away so that explains some of it. Also if you check the only american in the prem that doesn't play at all is Tim Howard all the other americans are either starters or first option of the bench.

23. KingLouie

KingLouie New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Club:
    Club América
    Re: Playing time for Borgetti with Bolton...

I saw this coming from the start...

24. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Seems like Bolton fans who were fans B.B. (or as the Romans would say, "before Borgetti") have an emotional stock in Davies. Kinda like when Ramon Ramirez was well past it but still getting starting time on Chivas. We justified it as the guy has experience, he can change the game by hustling and his positive attitude. It was all b.s.

You'll tell us otherwise and gnash your teeth whilst reading our posts telling yourselves that we know nothing about Bolton history. Statistics and paper only lie when they do not support our prejudices and beliefs. one plus one will always equal two, you will realise this soon enough.

25. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Borgetti is getting playing time in the UEFA Cup. I think thats pretty good. He will get chances in the EPL soon. Dont worry about it. He will get time to prove himself in EPL.