borgetti to bolton?

Discussion in 'Bolton Wanderers' started by firefan12, Jul 13, 2005.

1. el gringo

el gringo New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    no where.
    i think that borgetti can do good in the premier league but it might take some time to adjust to there type of play. if i were him i would learn the language to eliminate any communication problems both on and off the the pitch. he might be the next best thing to happen in europe since rafa marquez in the eyes of mexicans all over the world. hopefully more mexican soccer players can travle outside of the mexican league and the mls. well thats it for me peace.

2. dﮥnny

dﮥnny New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    US
    Hell yes!!! Bolton was on the verge of becoming my favorite EPL team but the season ended. I will most certainly keep up with the team next season. Jared Borgetti is a wonderfull signing and I will look forward to seeing him and Diouf in attack.

3. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    daz good! am happy for Jared ... hmmm ...

4. Big Boss

Big Boss Red Card

Jun 17, 2005
    saudi arabia
    oh very good striker ..with diuof he can gave many goals ..but we need moore contract ..

5. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  6. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will he play in our next preseason fixture?

7. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think so, Sam did mention something about giving him a rest.

8. swhoolie

swhoolie New Member

May 11, 2005
    I think that he will adjust to Bolton better than he likley would to a German club. I think that there are perhaps other English teams he would also have a hard time adjusting to. I think his slyle will really compliment Bolton and they will be an even stronger team than they were last year and likley move up. I also heard on Goal TV that in the future Italy might look at recruiting Mexican players.

9. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    the guy needs it confederation cup, gold cup, plus world cup eliminatories. His going to be against costa rica . :D Bolton is my new favorite team

10. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    u mind explaining more about that?

11. swhoolie

swhoolie New Member

May 11, 2005
    Shure I was watching a episode of Super Estadio on Goal TV and there was some guy I forget his name from the Italian Serie A visiting visiting Mexican clubs. I think he was scouting playeres and what not. The reporters where trying to elicit some sort of hint that Italian sides where interested in hiring some Mexican players he acted vague and noncomital towards the reporters. I hope that it bodes well for Mexican players. I shurly could not hurt the Italian league. Last years Italian season was less than spectacular.

12. el gringo

el gringo New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    no where.
    borgetti looks freaking bad a$$ in that bolton wanderes jersey i cant wait to see him play.

13. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    [​IMG]

I personally have never watched Bolton play (but will surely do so now) so I don't know what type of game they play. Borgetti is a deadly player if he is used properly. He has to have players that are capable of delivering accurate crosses in the box. In the Mexican team, Pardo, L. Perez and Ramon Morales do this very well. How does Bolton fit this style of play? and is Borgetti basicly guaranteed to start, are there any other good fowards besides Diouf?

About the Italian clubs, I hope that they do sign some Mexican players. The HUGE obstacle with Mexican players is that they are payed extremely well in the Mexican League and are valued very high (especially when getting to the prime of their careers). But I believe that if European clubs demonstrate real interest in some good Mexican players, then some will go abroad. And I agree with the Italian League being rather stale, there are many Mexican players that can put some flair into the League.

14. swhoolie

swhoolie New Member

May 11, 2005
    I totally agree with everything you just said. Bolton stle I think complements Borgetti well unlike alot of English team they are competent in defense. You tend to see alot of quick short passing give and goes and decent ball skills alot of players on the team have that touch on the ball. I feel they will be wicked with Borgetti. Perhaps this year will be there year I really look forward to seeing them play espescially now. Though I worry a little about Borgetti's temper a few bad calls can bias a referee or a red card can cost a game.

15. chiva13

chiva13 New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Fayetteville, AR. US
    I told you 18!

[​IMG]

16. korita18

korita18 New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    WHO CARES ABOUT FRIEDEL, KELLER, OR HOWARD WE ALL KNOW WHO IS THE BEST GOALIE IN NORTH AMERICA. SAN OSWALDO BABY!!!

17. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Borgetti has arrived in Mexico City for Mexico's game against Costa Rica and in an interview he expressed that he will not take a vacation like previously said, but rather, he will be ready to play for the team on August 21.

http://www.esmas.com/deportes/futbol/466883.html

Indicó que en el equipo "me tenían pensado (tomar en cuenta) hasta la cuarta o quinta fecha, y probablemente para el domingo (21 de agosto) ya pueda salir a la banca", dijo.

Translation: He indicated that on the team "they (Bolton) had taken me into account for the fourth or fifth fixture, but probably, I could be on the field by Sunday (August 21)", he said.

18. swhoolie

swhoolie New Member

May 11, 2005
    Cheer, Borgetti is gonna kick ass for Bolton!! They dont need him there gonna move up one way or another but he is an definite asset.

19. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    This mexican attacker will be a success in the premiership , i`ve watched him man times i to me he has good predatory skills plu swill add depth to your firing line and he will be benefitting from an effecient midfield supply line that now also includes Nakata than he was getting at Pachuca.

20. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    We'll see if they need him or not. if he succeeds in england, we might start seeing more mexican players in europe and england. Perhaps Kikin Fonseca will be the next to go. He doesn't score as much as Borgetti but he is always in the lookout for a good goal oportunity, look what he did against costa rica, that goal came out of nowhere.

21. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    the funny thing is,he scored several times in the confederations cup and he didn't get mentioned as much.

22. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    He fits in well with Bolton's style.. They are fantastic with corners and free kicks and he makes very good runs on FKs and is great with his head..

23. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    maybe cuz Kikin isn't NT material?

24. swhoolie

swhoolie New Member

May 11, 2005
    He will do better at Bolton than other English teams that is why I think he was picked by Bolton . I dont think he would have been happy in Germany. I would like to see more Mexican players play in Europe but as good as Mexican soccer has gotten over the years I think it should avoid becoming dependant on exporting players. I admire Agrgentine players because they get what they can from international experience but come home and play for the fans that love them. That is why it is good that the Mexican players are well compensated at home. I think some of the various Latin players playing in MLS deserve higher pay MLS puts to high a compensation on players like Landon that have played in Europe. Where as better players like Ruiz are not makeing as much. Europe is overated. I am looking forward to seeing Palencia play again if he plays as well as he did when he was younger he will catch some people by suprise he was amazing. I was wondering why he is not on the Mexican National team is he just getting to old?